It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High lead levels in Australian Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

High lead levels in Australian Children

www.abc.net.au

A Queensland Health report has confirmed that more than 11 per cent of 400 children tested in Mount Isa have elevated lead levels in their blood.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Doesn't it make one wonder when both the state government of Queensland and the Mt. Isa city council knew of these issues?

In fact, according to some reports a pamphlet drop was organised and completed, however, it reveived little- or no publicity and the general population of the town didn't know what it was about.

Generally, this wouldn't phase me but for some children to register a Blood Lead Level of twice that set out as 'safe' by the World Health Organisation, shows me that this has gone beyond a small problem.

I am, to put it frankly, disgusted with the conduct of both big business and the QLD government in this case.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Port Pirie here is shocking as well. We all had to shave so we could wear masks while working there, and the locals walk around as if nothing is wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Esperance in Wa is currently dealing with the fallout after 1000's birds dropped dead from heavy metal poisoning which blew the lid off the danger the town was living amongst. Poisoned sealife has now been declared and restrictions on fishing and abalone diving etc have been made. The town was a port that shiiped lead but thankfully the last shipments are in site and the clean up can commence

Theres been no mention of the human levels that ive seen and im 3 hours away from there so its local news. (for those of us in the bush)

www.news.com.au...

top topics

join