It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Symbolism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ok I just wanted a bit of help with something thats been bugging me lately, now for those who dont know, there is a plethora of ancient symbolism incorporated into todays corporate logos and symbols, this is a fact, do the research or dont come to this thread(not to sound too harsh)

Now I was just wondering if anyone can tell me do they know anything about this symbol Ive been noticing a lot recently, the only thing I can come up with is it looks a bit like a snake, but I dont know, though Im pretty sure its significant.

I have highlighted the symbol in certain places.

Also I can make a thread like this for other symbols if anyone wants.

So any ideas?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i think you shoud ask the answer to a publicist!
My opinion is that it represents a wave, and the water is the symbol of something pur, natural, healthy...it's just good marketing!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by olijazz
i think you shoud ask the answer to a publicist!
My opinion is that it represents a wave, and the water is the symbol of something pur, natural, healthy...it's just good marketing!

No offence, but I sincerely doubt it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I really don't think there is a conspiracy with this. I think your just getting a bit too paranoid. Maybe you need some sleep.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
I really don't think there is a conspiracy with this. I think your just getting a bit too paranoid. Maybe you need some sleep.

I wont disagree with you on the sleep thing.^^

Though I never mentioned anything about a conspiracy, I was just asking does anyone know if it "set in stone" means something.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
you could choice whatever symbol , the star with five branch for exemple, it's not necessarily a jew symbol, we all learn to draw star like that when we are young!!! The starfish isn't a sign of god or of ET , it's just a...shellfish!
Signs, symbols are with reference to surnatural only if you can't find another explanation!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here is some ideas as to why you find this symbology re-occuring within graphic art and product design.

Based on the elements of semiotics and Peirce's symbol system theory of the essence of traditional culture symbol and composing of product symbol and show the relationship between culture inheriting and demiurgic design, present a new modern product design method that includes inheriting traditional culture symbol ideals, applying traditional culture symbol forms by imitating symbol, deconstructing symbol and digging principle of symbol and applying traditional culture symbol structures. These design methods not only can bring culture values by transmitting culture, compounding culture and creating culture for products, but also can bring market values by creating new markets and sale points for corporations and society values for people's consuming concepts, life styles and aesthetic ideals
This is a quote from
Application of traditional culture symbol in modern product design by
Wu Zhi-jun Na Cheng-ai
Dept. of Ind. Design, Hunan Univ. of Sci. & Technol

But there is the possibility of this, which i think you are suggesting.

The wide recognition received by the most famous logos provides the brand's critics with the possibility of meme-hacking, a process also known as subvertising, turning the marketing message carried by the logo (either in its pristine form, or subtly altered) into a vehicle for an alternative message, frequently highly critical to the brand in question.
en.wikipedia.org...

or it could just be graphic artists sticking to the model of simple and familiar lines in design.

avoid going overboard in attempting uniqueness
use few colors, limited colors, spot colors

avoid gradients (smooth color transitions) as a distinguishing feature
produce alternatives for different contexts
design using vector graphics, so the logo can be resized without loss of fidelity
be aware of design or trademark infringements
include guidelines on the position on a page and white space around the logo for consistent application across a variety of media (a.k.a. brand standard manual)
not use a specific choice clip-art as a distinguishing feature
not use the face of a (living) person
not use photography or complex imagery as it reduces the instant recognition a logo demands

I doubt there is any real meaning behind this symbol re-occurring as it is counter productive to the most important idea that the Logo of individual brands is for the consumer to easily identify those products and not some meaning hidden within it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by olijazz
you could choice whatever symbol , the star with five branch for exemple, it's not necessarily a jew symbol, we all learn to draw star like that when we are young!!! The starfish isn't a sign of god or of ET , it's just a...shellfish!
Signs, symbols are with reference to surnatural only if you can't find another explanation!

No offence, but Im just not following.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Here is some ideas as to why you find this symbology re-occuring within graphic art and product design.

Based on the elements of semiotics and Peirce's symbol system theory of the essence of traditional culture symbol and composing of product symbol and show the relationship between culture inheriting and demiurgic design, present a new modern product design method that includes inheriting traditional culture symbol ideals, applying traditional culture symbol forms by imitating symbol, deconstructing symbol and digging principle of symbol and applying traditional culture symbol structures. These design methods not only can bring culture values by transmitting culture, compounding culture and creating culture for products, but also can bring market values by creating new markets and sale points for corporations and society values for people's consuming concepts, life styles and aesthetic ideals
This is a quote from
Application of traditional culture symbol in modern product design by
Wu Zhi-jun Na Cheng-ai
Dept. of Ind. Design, Hunan Univ. of Sci. & Technol

But there is the possibility of this, which i think you are suggesting.

The wide recognition received by the most famous logos provides the brand's critics with the possibility of meme-hacking, a process also known as subvertising, turning the marketing message carried by the logo (either in its pristine form, or subtly altered) into a vehicle for an alternative message, frequently highly critical to the brand in question.
en.wikipedia.org...

or it could just be graphic artists sticking to the model of simple and familiar lines in design.

avoid going overboard in attempting uniqueness
use few colors, limited colors, spot colors

avoid gradients (smooth color transitions) as a distinguishing feature
produce alternatives for different contexts
design using vector graphics, so the logo can be resized without loss of fidelity
be aware of design or trademark infringements
include guidelines on the position on a page and white space around the logo for consistent application across a variety of media (a.k.a. brand standard manual)
not use a specific choice clip-art as a distinguishing feature
not use the face of a (living) person
not use photography or complex imagery as it reduces the instant recognition a logo demands

I doubt there is any real meaning behind this symbol re-occurring as it is counter productive to the most important idea that the Logo of individual brands is for the consumer to easily identify those products and not some meaning hidden within it.

Thanks for the input, though my question is simply if anyone knows what it is meant to symbolise if anything.

And although your point rings true for many logos, Im not talking about hidden meaning, these are in plain sight, people are just no "symbol literate"

top topics

join