It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's Best and Worst Ideas and Inventions - Ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I want to meet the bloke that invented eggs, and buy him a beer

I love eggs, cooked any way, I could very probably exist on eggs toast and cups of tea.

Cracking invention - Eggs.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I found another bad idea/invention

Monsantos GMO's...

dicking with the genetic code of the crops providing the worlds food supply is definatly the worst idea yet!!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Second worst invention: The telephone. Man I wanna beat Thomas Edison back to life and then kill him for this idea.

I'm kind of ambivalent toward the telephone. I don't like talking on them and even with my basic mobile plan, I never come close to using all my minutes.

Yet, the telephone for all its annoyances, connects the world and were it not for the telephone infrastructure, the internet would have never been impossible.

Clearly, the telephone is one of the greatest inventions, not because of the ways it's abused, but because it facilitates so well one of the most important necessities of society: communication.

By the way, Alexander Graham Bell is credited with the invention of the telephone.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2008/6/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: IMO the two best Current inventions ever are gaffa tape and WD40 and here is why . Got something that shouldn't move but does well thats what gaffa tape is for and if you got something that doesn't move but should well then you've got your WD40. And IMO the worlds worst Current inventions are locktight for nuts and bolts and dangerous hand held laser pointers.

Personal Disclosure: I particularly liked pause4thought's reply concerning the O.P. and they were given a star.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Reality TV the worst? Come on, The Mole is pretty good. And I like Hell's Kitchen too. I can think of many inventions that are worse than reality TV.

How about automated telemarketing? That's pretty bad. And garden gnomes...pointless and yet kinda creepy. The worst invention ever is the bladder buddy.

Second worst is the auto pet petter:

The best invention of all time is something we all can use at some time:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Here's a few of mine:

Best invention: clothes

Worst Invention: shrink wrap plastic!!! I wanna meet that guy and slap him six ways to heaven!

Worst Idea: John Lennon's "Let's start a band!"

Most Damaging Discovery: the ego.

Most Useful Discovery: the other.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
best invention the written word if that counts...um worst is ciggerettes and wiggles well anyways that my bit good job it wasnt a one liner..

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i reckon the on\off switch is the greatest inventioon as with out it nothing would work...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join