It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5000 points just for joining the ATS feed on twitter?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

I know right? Its great. I get instant access to ATS store for elite merchandise!

Have fun. Thanks again Asala!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So has anyone been on their cell phone or laptop with twitter and been nailed by one of those little missles yet? I'm still not convinced it's safe.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
I gotta chime in here. I think it is absolutely PATHETIC that ANYONE gives a RATS arse about ATS points. I mean, do you people hear yourselves? Get A JOB!!!!! GET a LIFE!!!! GET a HOBBY!!!!!
ATS POINTS???? You have got to be kidding me.

Please, someonme explain to me why this is relevant at all in your life!!! Why would you waste one minute of your life trying to gain more ATS points??? You can't honestly answer that can you? Because if you did you would have to realize what sort of loser it would take to do such a thing.GROW UP!!!!

[edit on 18-10-2008 by cbass]

There is the BTS rant forum if you would like to go there.

Here at ATS, points can gain you access to what ATS staff provide for us as members.

Also, it seems to gauge experience, whether it be good or bad.

A word of advice. Usually when people make statements such as yours, it tends to ring loud of hypocrisy because the very way you portrayed yourself was childish in itself.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

And so, how do these points assist you in everyday life? Do they pay down your mortgage, take your kids to school for you,clean your laundry?
At the end of the day, Why does it matter? I am imagining going out to dinner with a beautiful woman this weekend, taking her back to my place, lighting some candles, putting on some jazz music and, well,.... you can see where this is going.

Then there are the points people. While I am out living life and worried about which condom will give better feeling, these people are worried about.......ATS points!!!! LOL. Have fun man.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Cool. I signed up tonight. Never heard of it before. I guess if I don't need to add anything but what I am doing (abbrev. version) then I guess it is alright. LOL

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cbass

I really do not think people are that extreme. You make them out to be ATS points' nerds. If there is a minority who subject themselves to that type of thinking then I feel bad for them. I am not one of them, but I can see what you are saying. Just let it go.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
I gotta chime in here. I think it is absolutely PATHETIC that ANYONE gives a RATS arse about ATS points. I mean, do you people hear yourselves? Get A JOB!!!!! GET a LIFE!!!! GET a HOBBY!!!!!
ATS POINTS???? You have got to be kidding me.

Please, someonme explain to me why this is relevant at all in your life!!! Why would you waste one minute of your life trying to gain more ATS points??? You can't honestly answer that can you? Because if you did you would have to realize what sort of loser it would take to do such a thing.GROW UP!!!!

[edit on 18-10-2008 by cbass]

I gotta chime in here. What kind of loser takes the time to post a response like this? What kind of pathetic no-life scumbag has nothing better to do with their time other than lambast people for discussing something that they, themselves, have no interest in. If you do not care about points, that is one thing. To dedicate an entire post to ranting about what losers these people are for wasting their time discussing it is quite funny. Just imagine what non-loser things you could have accompished in the time you wated picking on strangers for talking about something you claim to not care about at all. Why are you even reading this thread if you do not care? Why are you reading as far as this page? Why are you hitting reply? Why are you taking the time to answer for any reason at all if this is such a lose discussion to be having? Are you not now also guilty of being the loser that is discussing ATS points? What is the difference now?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Oh goodness
a little fight on the twitter thread,

Right, cbass please if you have an issue contact me via u2u, im more than happy to chat to you and what issues you may have,

If you dont like the twitter thing and the points, Dont reply. simple

Points are just a perk to ATS, an incentive, Nothing more nothing less

Now lets get back on the topic for people joining twitter,

Thank you

Asala,

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cbass

I just don't understand why you are so angry over ATS points, and the people on here for wanting them?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's true! I received 5000 points for signing up to Twitter
I may need them one day to make a change to my avatar section.

Thank you for the points!

Come on folks! Sign up and get your 5000 points today!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
hi I am new here, (sort of, long time lurker) I hope I get this right.

Thanks Asala. You are as fast and nice as this thread would have people believe.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Lucifer Rising]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm bumping this thread to add my $.02. I originally did this just for the points, I'll admit. I already belong to enough "social networks" and didn't want to add another to the list.

I didn't realize the benefits of Twitter until I installed the "Twitterfox" plug-in in Firefox. What it does is display Twitter updates in real-time as they happen - as opposed to having to take time to go to the Twitter site to look at your updates. Since I did this I have seen a lot of ATS threads that I would've missed before, which has greatly enriched my ATS experience!

Before this I used to use the "MyATS" page to visit the site - only seeing activity in my "favorite" boards, and threads I had participated in, and then only when I chose to refresh that page. Now I get updates via Twitter whenever any thread gets added to the ATS twitter feed. I'm not sure by what criteria threads are chosen to go to the Twitter feed, but depending on how busy the site is, they come about twice an hour.

SO... I'm asking those of you who have joined to look into these feed gadgets. I think you'll come to the same conclusion I have: that it actually is useful... Then you'll start using it more, which will add to its usefulness for everyone!

I'd like to encourage everyone here just to use it, but I don't think its usefulness will be apparent without some kind of real-time gadget, so please take a minute to check some of these out:

Twitter downloads

Some are for Google or Vista desktop, some are for iphone or other mobile devices, others are browser add-ons or 'widgets' that can be added to your website or MySpace/Facebook/etc pages. All are free, safe and tiny downloads (or simple html codes).

From what I understand, ATS' implementing of Twitter is an experiment. Those of us that have taken advantage of the 5000 points should be willing to put a little more effort into making it successful. I think it is successful myself, but I didn't realize that until I actually started using it.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Teratoma]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join