It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5000 points just for joining the ATS feed on twitter?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
THANK YOU for that my friend!

Originally posted by John Q
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Yep, im there and you do get 5000 ATS points. Just U2U Asala once youve joined she will give you the points.

Cheers,

JQ

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
u2u has been sent... awaiting your reply asala

[edit on 22-5-2008 by SuperSlovak]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by andre18

Might need a re-think on calling something BS when you have no evidence to the contrary.

I got my 5,000 points.

And so did everyone else - but you DO need to u2u asala and let her know.

Everyone exept me. Maybe I should contact the amigos about this technicality...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yeah it's the real deal. Just set up twitter today and got my points a couple hours later. Set up ATS on my cell phone too! wooo!

Gotta make sure you tell them your alias on twitter I guess like I did so they can verify you have, in fact, joined. You also gotta set up twitter to "follow" ATS.

P.S. Asala called me "Top Stuff" !!!

-ChriS

[edit on 23-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Think thats all of you that have u2u'd me so far lol

Just as a reminder, the 5000 points are for joining the ATS twitter feed

twitter.com...

Click follow

And again feel free to add me on there AsalaATS im more than happy to help anyone walk through it,

[edit on 4-6-2008 by asala]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just signed up.Not quite sure what to make of it just yet but i'm going to mess around with it a little later.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bumbeni

Originally posted by andre18
yep - just got the 5000 points.........alsome.......

But what are you going to do with them??

Hi,

Anyone interested in accumulating lots of ATS points should have a glance at this thread about getting up to 10,000 for each Tinwiki entry.

The Tinwiki is a wiki (as in wikipedia) on ATS.

I've created a dozen or so Tinwiki entries. Quite a few of those entries received the full 10,000 points (and make up the bulk of my points on ATS).

Plus, by creating a Tinwiki entry I think you are adding something useful for the ATS community.

Why not give editing the Tinwiki a quick go?

By the way, I got my 5,000 points for signing up for Twitter very quickly.

As for what people do with points, I've found that since I accumulated a considerable number of points (and got an avatar...) I seem to have received a lot of replies to my threads and responses to my requests for assistance on ATS. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it has made me willing to put a bit of effort into getting points...

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 23-5-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumbeni

If you sign up within 5 minutes of reading this post you will get a free alien implant along with your 5,000 points

And may I suggest you check out the Star Trek collector's plate from the Franklin Mint, it comes with a certificate of authenticity you can frame.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just joined, let`s see what happens...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't understand what is meant by clicking the "follow" button. When I click that on twitter it just wants to find people in my email address book.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
I don't understand what is meant by clicking the "follow" button. When I click that on twitter it just wants to find people in my email address book.

Once you're signed in, click this link - twitter.com... and then click "Follow" (top left)

Hope that helps

Oh and I just heard this 5000 points, Asala, count me in! (twitter name- Xeros)

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Woopsie, soz double post.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Still not getting it, ohwell, I guess i will just have to get my 5000 points the hard way.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i thought the t&c said something about recruting on ATS for other sites???

i guess some members are above the law????????????

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Its not recruiting lol, We have an ATS feed there, see twitter.com...

The points are for joining up to the ATS twitter feed, 1 so you can keep up to date witht he new threads and 2 you can add friends on there from ATS,

Please read Skeptics thread on Twitter is you are unsure of our reasons for being on there,

Ill Quote,
PLEASE READ SO's THREAD ALL ABOUT IT

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NEW: AboveTopSecret.com is Tweeting on Twitter!

Over the years, we've had lots of queries from members and even well-informed outsiders as to our overall lack of presence on mainstream "Social Networks" such as MySpace, FaceBook, Friendster, etc. For the most part, I've never come across a useful feature, function, or reason for ATS to adopt one such service over another. However, after some preliminary experiments, I believe Twitter provides our community with a unique additional method to expand awareness of our topics, our members, and what our members are thinking.

For those who are unaware of Twitter, it's a slightly different twist on the concept of social networking that encourages participants to contribute short blurbs about what they're currently thinking and doing. It's gaining popularity in many circles, especially since it integrates mobile devices, IM, and email into the mix. To many, this might seem excessive, if MySpace were coffee, Twitter is like crystal meth in comparison! But then... it hit me... the genius of something like Twitter may not be what one person is thinking/saying/doing, it's more likely going to be what a large group of like-minded people are saying, doing, thinking, and hoping for.

The AboveTopSecret.com Experiment With Twitter

AboveTopSecret.com On Twitter

AboveTopSecret.com and our Twitter Friends

As you can see, we've developed a method to automatically feed Twitter new topics that quickly generate several replies. We've been at it for a couple days as part of our initial test.

And as you can also see, a few astute ATS members have noticed our Tweets (that's what a Twitter update is called) and have decided to follow our updates, and we're following them. The resulting with-friends page is an aggregate list of everyone's tweets.

Hrm... now that is where ATS can take this concept and push it someplace truly different.

The AboveTopSecret.com Firehose Of Consciousness on Twitter

Imagine, if you will, an AboveTopSecret.com & Friends Twitter page with dozens, or even hundreds of ATS members providing one or two tweets a day, along with the regular hot new topics. This becomes especially valuable if your contributions are meaningful and not the typical "waiting for pizza dude" type tweets that seem to be prevalent. We'd end up with a running relevant commentary of what's important to us for all the world to see. A firehose of what we think, as we're thinking it.

Starting The Experiment

To encourage our members to join and participate with relevant tweets, just do one of the following:

1) Already On Twitter? Follow our page, then U2U me with your Twitter username.

2) Join Twitter With Your ATS Username then follow our page

3) If your ATS Username is taken on Twitter use a different name to join Twitter, follow us, then U2U me your username

We'll award ATS members that follow our page with 5,000 ATS points. (Not to worry, membership in Twitter requires a minimum of information.)

If all goes well, the ATS & Friends page will be a stunning stream of consciousness on a fast-rising social network.

DISCLAIMER
There is no relationship between Twitter and The Above Network, LLC. This idea is purely born out of us noticing the potential that exists with integrating such a service. If any relationship between us and Twitter were to develop because of this initiative, we'll be sure to provide full disclosure.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by asala]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
OK, I'm there..

twitter.com...

though i don't have a mobile phone, at least i got my 'puter...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Hi EA im following you on Twitter now. It is a strange place and I still dont know whats going on.

Asala, when I go to the main ATS page I cant read other peoples comments just wondered why, is it broken or have I pressed a wrong button

Thanks,

JQ

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Got my 5000 points!!!!!!! thanks ASALA!!!!..... and jkrog for the heads up

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Got the points, thanks Asala

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Your welcome!

Have a good day all, and any questions feel free to holla,