It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO in Endeavour photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Possible UFO in Endeavour photo

www.texasjim.com

Pictures from the past mission.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I was looking at some photos I had saved from an email. They are of the Endeavour and are very panoramic. The photos are taken over Hurricane Dean. I do not know what Shuttle mission this would be. I noticed something in the 10th frame (or photo) that didn't look like it belonged there. I enlarged the 10th photo and in between the solar panel and the satilite body you can see an object on the curvature horizon of the earth. When you enlarge that photo you can see an unidentified object clearly. Do not know how to copy a photo here on ATS yet so hope this link works and someone can enlarge the photo like I did to see what I am talking about.

www.texasjim.com

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I can't tell what the object is. But does anyone else think that the 3rd picture looks fake? It looks like a minatuire version that they would use in movies.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Okay, this is the area you are talking about....

Once you enlarge it to 400%, it becomes too pixilated to really make out any distinguishing features. But there are some much better eyes here. Give them a chance.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I believe this would have been STS-118.
www.nasa.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

These are supposed UFO videos from STS-118 on youtube (not to detract attention from the topic). Not really sure about the first one. Second one just looks like a satellite tumbling.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

This one is from google video and initially looks like birds until the small objects suddenly disappear and reappar ? Odd but not sure what to make of it.
video.google.com...

This mission was responsible for, primarily, adding on and doing construction to the ISS.

The photos in the link you gave are awesome! This one in particular is just UNREAL! It almost looks fake for some reason it's crazy.
www.texasjim.com...

The objects you describe seem to be either artifacts created by the camera or reflections on glass surfaces on the inside of the lens? That seems more likely to me just because of how those objects seem prevalent in multiple photos. Lens flare would also be an issue due to some reflective surfaces but these photos are pretty much free of any lens flare that I can see. If you look at this photo:
www.texasjim.com...

You can see that the object is aligned with the extruding portions of this sectoin of the ISS and I'm really not sure what these are but probably communications or navigational equipment. The objects are all the same distance away from any one part of the ISS which seems to me evidence of some kind of reflectivity inside the lens creating this.

-ChriS

[edit on 22-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegdfather
I can't tell what the object is. But does anyone else think that the 3rd picture looks fake? It looks like a minatuire version that they would use in movies.

I totally agree with you, there's something not right about picture 3.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just my opinion here but based on the top of the three pics i have assembled here, I think that the "entities" in the distance are reflections from the equipment from the shuttle - somehow. Was it mentioned if the pics were taken from inside? If it was, I didnt catch that...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There is no way pic number 3 is not a minaiature version, it looks so small and tiny and unreal!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There is no way pic number 3 is not a minaiature version, it looks so small and tiny and unreal!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
holy multiple post
!
Yeah if you notice, I also mentioned that third photo in my post and that it looked really odd.. Funny how we all noticed that..

I think it's primarily because of the lighting. It looks too real to be real if that makes sense. But great photo nonetheless!

In alot of different photos you can see this almost ghosting effect of this section of the ISS but I think it's caused by the camera or whatever was used to take the photos. If you notice the ghosting is not uniform in one direction or at a uniform distance. It's almost like it's being created by the telephoto lens itself.

Image 10 is probably the best example of this. I brightened the image to show the ghosting I'm talking about:

The Hurricane Dean photo is amazing. It looks like witches brew like my class made in fifth grade using the dry ice. Thanks for sharing!

-ChriS

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dukesy

I was looking at some photos I had saved from an email. They are of the Endeavour and are very panoramic. The photos are taken over Hurricane Dean. I do not know what Shuttle mission this would be. I noticed something in the 10th frame (or photo) that didn't look like it belonged there. I enlarged the 10th photo and in between the solar panel and the satilite body you can see an object on the curvature horizon of the earth. When you enlarge that photo you can see an unidentified object clearly. Do not know how to copy a photo here on ATS yet so hope this link works and someone can enlarge the photo like I did to see what I am talking about.

www.texasjim.com

Do you belive this is a UFO?
...... As Im new on these things I can't tell you much... LOOL
But it seems to me that, this isn't nothing unusual....
The sky is full of objects and differents unknow components.... who knows what's that? It may be something normal....
no?? what do u think?

[edit on 22-5-2008 by spacedementia]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am in no way a photo expert and just happen to see a pronounced mark in the distance on photo no. 10. Just wanted some other good opinions. I was not saying it was a UFO - just looked strange and maybe, just maybe it could be something that is not ours. Anyway, it seems everyone enjoyed the photos and looked alot further into them than I did.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Old news www.abovetopsecret.com...
older news www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit added link

[edit on 23-5-2008 by deadcatsrule]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wasn't sure if these Shuttle photos had been posted before but none the less I saw something in photo no.10 that appeared to be an object. Comments have been made that it may just be a lens reflection. Like I said I am not a photo expert and was looking for input on the subject concerning the objects in photo no. 10. Have managed to enlarge photo no. 10 so we can see the unknown object a little better. Like another person stated it is pretty much pixillated though. Hard see what it really is and hard to make call on what it is or what caused the image to appear.

top topics

join