It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to become 51st state in 2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
An insurgency in Canada would make Iraq look like basic training. Largest country in the world, covered in mountains and trees, (ok we have a lot of prairies and tundra too, but each of our provinces is bigger than most countries) and can be fiercely patriotic. Oh and the rest of the world loves us.

Bring it...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

lmao, you,ll never get the bacon, you,ll have to drag me screaming into guantonamo, and water board me , but that wont work either, hell any fool knows canadian bacon is like gold, and mine mine all mine.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

we may be small but we can be ferocious

It's like I tell the ladies, it's not the size of the weapon, it's the fury of the attack!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I concede that the US didn't defeat the British in the War of 1812, however, the trouncing of the British as New Orleans was the source of my confusion as so much is placed on the outcome of that war.

Also, recognize that it has been since 1967 that I formally studied American History.

Aside from a lapse of memory here and there, I think I do pretty well.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Ill have to admit that the canadian females look pretty sweet up there.

hoooold on a minute there buckaroo, you can have our bacon but keep yer hands off our women!!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I just read the title, and all I can say is w...t........f........

I know some of us WILL be taking some action period.

do not f... wit us.

yours truly.

Them.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
A state....r u out of your f... mind?

Before initiating this discussion, remember there are some people that do not take kindly of this kind of talk ( I hope you can relate to this paraphrasing ) Remember who you are and do not let this happen.

Maybe you are trying to convince some more but eh! we always convinced in the first place remember? that's how we all got here.

Some guy quoted latin (scripture) " salesman beware of what you sell " of some kind. Quote the original thing here but I'm pretty sure it went alongs the lines of what I said.

I WILL post a negative check on this post and hope it will not be ATS blacklisted or anything. OP, help me out here because if find this statement really offensive.

Provide some links to your comments please.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
you guys just cant see a conspiracy when it hits you in the face. its obvious that the flag industry could save our economy! ust think about the extra stars, not to mention the flag upgrades!
or could we add 10 beercans to the flag instead?
and dont forget about the economic stimulus that going to war with quebec would bring!
the downside is we would lose a couple hockey teams...oh no,eh?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Just give up your Canadian Bacon and no one will be hurt!!

Bacon is not the only good thing we have in Canada

honestly... I'm not Canadian, but i love Canada... believe me... if i lived in the US.. i wouldn't event try to play soccer, scared of getting injured and would have to pay thousands of dollars for a single plaster on my leg... guys... wake up.. here in Canada .. its free. You don't have to pay any money for getting attention in an hospital. unlikely in the US.. where they say F..off to you if you don't have money and they kick you out of hospitals like vermin ... Another thing i love about not being from the US is that i can go to Cuba for vacations
and you guys can't..... Plus why do you call yourselves AMERICANS.... WE ALL ARE AMERICANS.. because we live in the Americas.. South America, Midle America and North America.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Anyone that thinks America is going to ... or can, for that matter, invade any other country and claim it's territories as it's own, successfully, is on crack.

The U.S isn't going to be ready to fight another war for decades. It's military, financial and political power is waning and there a few players that are looking to fill the void.

Over the next 50 years, America is more likely to become the 23rd (or 24th) Chinese province.

Get ready for some chop suey U.S.A.!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
I posted a reply in another

thread

but I think it applies here too.

No conspiracy. I think it just makes sense. The US military will already be in BC for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics for security with the consent of Ottawa. As far the US requesting maps of major cities in Canada, they may need transportation details (airports, trains, etc...) I wouldn't get too worked up. THe US already has a deal for Canada's Alberta oil fields and Coors already owns Molson, so what else is there!!

Why on earth do they need to use the Olympics for cover? Do you really think you need thousands of people involved in the decision. If it was remotely possible then you are talking about a room full of folks who could meet at anytime anywhere, the UN for example!. It would take far far longer than the duration of the Olympics to work out all the details.

Sorry but this theory is as likely as the other current theory about giant spiders. Both as improbable as each other although the spider one is also physically impossible.

Come to think of it is the date April 1st????

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Americans invading and attempting to take over Canada? hahahahaha... the Quebec French will beat you to it.

I'm not concerned about that at all, considering we'd kick their butts outta here in a New York minute. We have a lot of Natives here in Canada, and YOU KNOW they'd be wanting a piece of Canada first, so they'll be putting up a mean fight (
)

I'm more concerned that the entire Planet will have one kind of Government, and that's scary enough to me.. America is deeply in debt now too because of the War in Iraq, who wants more taxes to foot that bill????/ NOT ME.

I like America, been there many times and the people are great, however, Canada has that simple "something" that no one can quite put their finger on or explain, but its there, and everyone likes it.

Canada.. the True North Strong and Free.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

My theory is simple in 2010 the winter olyimpics will be in Vancouver Canada bringing all the worlds leaders in together in one stadium. a perfect oppertunity for a false flag operations leading to the use of US troops to cross the border and ocuppy Canada.

You do realize that "all the world leaders" do not congregate together ever. Let alone in the same stadium. The concept is ridiculous.

Have you ever heard of the U.N. (I know this is a conspiracy website. I don't want to get into a big U.N. thing I am just making a point about world leaders congregating) It is an organization dedicated to allowing countries to talk to one another and make decisions. And world leaders very rarely even go there. And they definitely don't go at the same time.

Do you know what they do? They send their representatives. Do you know why? Because putting "all world leaders" in the same place is such an increbily preposterous, infeasible, and incredibly stupid thing that no intelligent person would even consider it a possibility.

You know why? Because someone could do a "false flag" operation or some other fantasyland movie plot scenario. Also it would be a big terrorist target.

Have you ever seen the Olympics? Delegations of athletes and other good will ambassadors from many nations attend. However, world leaders do not attend en masse. Because it is just stupid games. It is not a place where world leaders meet .

The Olympics are a horrible globalizing, consumerist force built on the concept of goodwill and good natured competitions of human ability between nations. The concept that this would draw "all world leaders" ........... I am running out of incredulousness to shower upon your basic premise.

Also, the U.S. could annex Canada at any time if it so desired. It doesn't need to because Canada is its bitch. Although Canada has been trying to take over the U.S. with its army of comedians who have become U.S. celebrities. I predict all Canadian-American celebrities ill congregate at the Aspen Comedy Festival and use their quirky wit to quipnotize the American populace.

The fact that people are seriously discussing your ridiculous theory amazes me.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There was a story in the Vancouver newspaper today about all the high tech security we'll be getting around the city. Largest security operation in Canadian History. Dubbed "The Surveillance Games" by one expert.
I don't see how this correlates with a US takeover though!

Read about all the security here:
Source

I'm not really looking forward to living in a Host city, although it will be cool to be able to go to an event or two.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
all this talk about 51st state USA-Canada or USA- Australia or even USA -
India,Pakistan, all this smells of NWO to me

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anusualusa

Also, the U.S. could annex Canada at any time if it so desired. It doesn't need to because Canada is its bitch. Although Canada has been trying to take over the U.S. with its army of comedians who have become U.S. celebrities.

I predict all Canadian-American celebrities ill congregate at the Aspen Comedy Festival and use their quirky wit to quipnotize the American populace.

Maybe, but try this on.

Why you ask, would the peace-loving good neighbor type Americans ever want to occupy our cold and largely snowbound neighbor, Canada?

W A T E R!

It would not be all that hard to run pipelines from the Great Bear Lake and Great Slave Lake down to Los Angeles and Phoenix! Viola! Two of our major water shortfall cities would be supplied with more than enough water to get us into Century22. By that time we will have nuclear powered desalinization plants ready to go on-line.

Some Americans are so wrought up in our plainly visible GREATNESS and smug over our very own version of DEMOCRACY that we have actually given much thought to ALLOWING Canada to join us! Yup, for you history buffs, look here what we said to the Canucks in 1775:

Articles of Confederation,
Article XI.
Canada acceding to this confederation, and adjoining in the measures of the United States, shall be admitted into, and entitled to all the advantages of this Union; but no other colony shall be admitted into the same, unless such admission be agreed to by nine States.

[It is also noteworthy that the name United States of America was first employed in the Articles. See]
Article I: The Stile of this Confederacy shall be "The United States of America." www.yale.edu...

And this last bit of trivia but this one for Americans. In the War of 1812, acting under the strongest expectations the Canadians would rush to join the US in its war against Great Britain, we invaded Canada in 1813. But instead of swooning the Canadians rebuffed the US forces. This angered the US Army so it did the Christian thing and burned the capital of Canada, then called YORK which today is known as Toronto. (Today's capital of Canada is of course Ottawa).

In 1814, The British giving tit for tat burned our own capital city, Washington DC. Fortunately for the US, the Brits were too busy engaging with Napoleon to make a full scale effort over here, otherwise we might be singing "God Save the Queen" at baseball games. Thus was won what is sometimes called the Second War of Independence.

Beer. I was introduced to Canadian beer long ago when stationed at Loring AFB, Limestone, ME, just across the border from the lovely but smallish city of Edmundsonton, in New Brunswick, where we AF-types would retreat to drink Moosehead, unavailable at the State of Maine liquor stores.

Quebeckers are still smarting from the whipping give them by General Wolfe on the Plains of Abraham (1759) and can’t decide whether to go it alone or not. Typically French, they must be the English speaking Canadians cross to bear. In 2006, hoping to lay the issue to rest, the Canadian House of Commons passed a symbolic motion recognizing the "Québécois as a nation within Canada."

[edit on 05/05/2008 by donwhite]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

This is merely a tip of the iceburg, although it is 'undisclosed' a small (small in comparison to a countries wealth, but by no means small!!) percentage of the countries wealth is taken, they tax the taxers!! lol, i found this hilarious. This , I am almost certain, is what happens to Australia and Canada, both they're prime ministers act just like ours, all decisions made go through the queen. Now, America is a different story.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

It's like I tell the ladies, it's not the size of the weapon, it's the fury of the attack!

Modesty will get you everywhere!

But look here. Canada will not be content with but TWO senators. Larger in square miles, blessed with abundant (and unused) W A T E R, afflicted with endless oil sands into which to suck out our wealth, Canada nevertheless has a lot a appeal to ever-expansive Americans.

It is beginning to look as if our near 200 years long domination of the Western Hemisphere south of the Rio Grande is ending. (Known as the Río Bravo del Norte in Mexico). Between a revitalized Mexico, a steadfast Cuba and a strident Venezuela not to mention Peru and Chile, the old time suzerainty we exercised since James Monroe was president, has run its course. What with the “commie” threat to the world now gone since 1989, there are few “enemies” worthy of our mighty armed forces.

I aver the US has already reached a secret accommodation with Osama bin Laden, which explains why he is able to remain free. Q. If you go to your bank and withdraw from your account - assuming the money is there - $10,001 in cash, how long do you think it will be before the FBI comes to your door? And we can't find ObL in 7 years? Get Lost!

With an unspecified number of updated KH12s encircling the Earth and almost limitless numbers of the $35 m. per copy Predators whizzing about, how long can the “Worlds Most Wanted” man stay free but for the subtle aid of his would-be captors?

Which brings me back to Canada. 10 provinces and 3 territories. Provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador,, Nova Scotia,, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan. Territories: Northwest Territories Nunavut and Yukon Territory.

Perhaps we could amend the US Con to allow 2 senators from each province and 1 from each territory? The 34 million Canadians would be entitled to about 65 Representatives, which would raise the current 435 to an even 500. Wow! Chairs in the aisles and clipboards in the laps. But Sweet Jesus! Think of the EARMARKS!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Hey, just reading your replies, was wondering if you or anyone else for that matter, know anything on the first war of independence. I was taught about this in school (England) and never really questioned it, but a few years ago, I found a number of references which claimed that although America 'won' the first war of independence, reperations were to be paid to England, or 'Britain' for the cost of the war, not to mention loans, that had been used to fund AMERICA's side of the war.

Taxes were also incurred on America, which was then deligated to it's population under the guise of various taxes, as far as I know this hasn't ceased, although the 'original' treaty with England that all this was documented on (Declaration of Independence) was never disclosed to the people and was kept in the upper eschelons of the government.

From what I understand, America has been mason controlled since the birh of america, just over 2 centuries ago. If this is true, I really don't see how America WON, apart from the fact that they said they won and England said nothing. It also raises questions as to Englands intent, if England had offered this treaty and America agreed, it sounds like either they were over a barrel, or 'independence' was just a staged cou as it was seen as an inevitability. America was far to big for England to police, it would only grow in its size, scope and self sustainability, the more I think the more it just seems to be an intelligent move and one that could've well been discussed back then.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, just seems to me as a good possibility and it could explain some of the political intent behind the OP.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

Sorry, it's fries, gravy and cheese curds. That's the BEST kind!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join