It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to become 51st state in 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There will never be an official north american union. The only common thing we may share in the near future is a dollar.

Canadians dont subscribe in general to the whole "melting pot" idea. We prefer to be a multicultural country. That and we like our free health care too much.

Besides... I need the Canadian flag on my backpack when I travel. It serves me well.
(On that note I have a friend in Louisville KY who is "all american" but uses a Canadian flag on his backpack when he travels too.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

The real test ahead is for the Canadian people, not the Canadian government. Will the Canadian people stand by for the dilution and erosion of Canadian culture, rights and sovereignty?

What?!? What the hell are you talking about? Canadians have culture!?!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tybrus
On that note I have a friend in Louisville KY who is "all american" but uses a Canadian flag on his backpack when he travels too.

Oh my God! The name of my city is far too sweet and beautiful to pass over the blistered, chapped lips of some damned Canadian! Don't ever debase my fair city again by speaking her name!

[edit on 22-5-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
What?!? What the hell are you talking about? Canadians have culture!?!

Canadian culture consists mainly of hockey, beer, bacon, and women. Oh, and you have to admit we have some good comedians up here.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Canadian culture consists mainly of hockey, beer, bacon, and women. Oh, and you have to admit we have some good comedians up here.

No, no I don't. Nothing good ever came out of Canadia...only rot and boogers!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Careful not to get us Canadians mad.... we could take over the US in half a day. Don't believe me?

Next April day fools, we could all rush across the border with every security point and base screaming to everyone "The Canadians are invading!! The Canadians are invading!!" No one would beleve them on April Fools. By lunch we would have total control of the Country and most of the people would be happy cause we would bring Beer and poutine.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Ummm, I think that you go that wrong. Molson's owns Coors! And hey, give every canadian 5 million tax free dollars and you can have canada. I will just move to Costa Rica!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
first of all, poutine is made with cheese curds, not shredded mozzarella. whoever suggested that needs a smack.

and secondly, assuming there was an aggressive move made by the USGov to take over CanGov, we wouldn't stand a chance. the admin would fold quicker than george mcfly at a knife fight.

but then all the friendly everyday canadians who wouldnt like that (and there's a lot) would come down south of the border and start bombing the pipelines that feed our oil and freshwater to your homes.

if you think that a visible minority with a different language, value system, etc., is a difficult group to keep an eye on... just try a population that looks and speaks exactly like you, and has an intimate knowledge of your culture and habits..

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Oh my God! The name of my city is far too sweet and beautiful to pass over the blistered, chapped lips of some damned Canadian! Don't ever debase my fair city again by speaking her name!

Don't worry SaviorComplex he/she probably said "Louis" "Ville" any way; not "Loo'ville" or however you say it. So your city's name is safe.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

No, no I don't. Nothing good ever came out of Canadia...only rot and boogers!

Yes...yes you do.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by not so crazy cannuck
My theory is simple in 2010 the winter olyimpics will be in Vancouver Canada bringing all the worlds leaders in together in one stadium. a perfect oppertunity for a false flag operations leading to the use of US troops to cross the border and ocuppy Canada. Now why I belive this is very simple a friend of mine has an co-op with Natural Resources Canada a goverment organization resposible for all the satillite mapping of Canada and as part of the secruity for the US president and atheletes has been sending maps of not only vancouver but also Ottawa the capital of Canada, Tronto canadas largest city , Montreal the second largest city, and Calgary the center of the cadian oil trade and fourth largest city. none of wich are involved in any way with the Olyimpics.

some intresting facts about Canada

has a population of 35million only slightly more then Califoria
85% of the candian population lives with in 100 miles of the US border
Canada has the second largest knowen oil reserves in the world
Canada exports more oil to the Us then any other nation
20% of the worlds fresh water resides in canada

Sorry to tell you but your 'theory' is wrong, we won't become the 51st state, at least I hope not (no offense). I like Canada and I like free health benefits, you guys can keep your HMO's and whatever else.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hopefully this topic is not seriously up for debate!!!??? First of all, let's look at the OP's original post, he's more illiterate than a newborn child. I hope to God he is not Canadian like his name would suggest. (it's spelled opportunity, and Olympics...you half wit).

So your friend has a co-op with Natural Resources Canada (not "an" co-op like you led us to believe), (please note there is no difference between "an" and "a" except for the OP doesn't know how to use them in a sentence).

So what if they are giving maps to the US? If the US was smart they could probably just get the info they needed off Google maps and not have to pay for it, or use their own organization such as the USGS to maybe take satellite images of Canada's topography???

It's than California, not "then" California, and so what if we have 20% of the world's fresh water, ever hear of desalination???
I'm going to go ahead and guess that living close to the border has something to do with, hmmmm??, maybe it's warmer farther south, or maybe there is a crap load of import/export going on and there is a demand for workers? Or maybe we like you guys and, wouldn't mind living a little closer, everyone needs a friend...I guess?

Want another interesting facts about Canada, we don't give a rats behind what your military wants to do, if you invade, we'll counter (this is a non-governmental point of view, I speak for the citizens), that's the way it is.

Soooooo, crazy canuck, thanks for coming out!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

The dark tower series is great! must read!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Not sure where this is documented?? Canada is a Parliamentary Democracy and constitutional monarchy with The Queen as Sovereign, the Queen abides by the decisions of the Canadian Goverment, she plays an important ceremonial and symbolic role only, Canadians do not pay any money to the Queen either for personal income or to support the royal residence.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

but they do pay the salary of the queen's representative in Canada, the governor general.

Here's some the crap the previous GG got away with.

41 million dollar budget

source

Spending became an issue for Adrienne Clarkson during her time as viceroy; under her governor generalcy the budget for her office doubled to $41 million, which included renovations to Rideau Hall and La Citadelle's visitor centres, as well as upgrades of the public facilities and barrier-free access, and restoration work. What garnered the most attention, however, was a nineteen day circumpolar "northern identity" tour comprised of state visits to Russia, Finland, and Iceland, with her husband and fifty other Canadians prominent in various fields, in 2003, which cost in excess of $5 million. The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade commissioned and for the trip but Clarkson's office controlled the general itinerary. The overall spending by the Office of the Governor General led to a parliamentary committee review in 2004, resulting in a cut back for the Governor General's budget for that year.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Although the story is quite bogus, it isn't unheard of. The US has been after Canada since independence. The Canadians were the loyalists in the Revolutionary War and a US invasion of Canada was the cause for the War of 1812. It took many more decades and some internicine fighting before the borders of Canada were safe from the Yanks.

Don't give in now, Canadians! God save the Queen!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yer great neighbours but messin' with yer betters will just get you well educated and dedicated patriots who will not blow themselves up.
When the west turns upon itself in some desperate attempt to outlive the nation state,Sparta,Athens,Rome or whatever then barbarism in any form must follow.
I don't understand any of it to be honest,one planet,one people,any questions?
We,as a species are facing in so many areas and in so many ways,trials that will continue to grow.
Turning on a friend can only vilify one at the international level to such a point that one becomes a pariah
I served with the PPCLI and have lost a friend in Afghanistan,the only reason Iposted was because my friend died in service to a principle.
The United States of America has a friend in Canada,not a patsy.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The invasion of Canada was not the cause of the War of 1812.

The invasion of Canada was a strategy to attempt to drive the British from the Americas completely during the War of 1812, which was fought for a variety of reasons, none of which had anything to do with Canada.

Great Britain had been at war with France since 1793 and in order to impede neutral trade with France in response to the Continental Blockade, Britain imposed a series of trade restrictions that the U.S. contested as illegal under international law.[7] The Americans declared war on Britain on June 18, 1812 for a combination of reasons, including outrage at the impressment (conscription) of American sailors into the British navy, frustration at British restraints on neutral trade, and anger at alleged British military support for American Indians defending their tribal lands from encroaching American settlers.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I was going to give some kinda smart arse remark back but then as I was thinking of one I realized that my lips are blistered and chapped.

You win!

lol

Dont make us come down there and burn that White House AGAIN. j/k

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Tybrus]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just so everyone knows;American troops can and will cross the border in the event of an attack on US or canadian soil.Canada and the US are allies...permenantly.This agreement has already been signed and sealed.Look it up if you want i did.If Canada ,Mexico and the US joined do you know how much red tape would be eliminated?Tons of it.Of course the left will be screaming the sky is falling,like they always do.Im disappointed with some on the left because they cry about these things and are venomously anti-Israeli ,despite the fact Israel is the ONLY functioning democracy in the Mid -east.
The right arent blameless either as some of them are quite racist towards blacks and immigrants but support Israel.Did you know that the character Superman was created by 2 JEWISH immigrants?So yes im disappointed with both ends of the political spectrum

Heres just one link to an Israeli news service
www.israelnationalnews.com...

There youll find quite a bit of info.Keep searching and youll find zionism is no different than being patriotic to your own country.Why link and israeli site?Because many who believe this NWO stuff blame the jews for it.They also believe Israel doesnt have a right to exist which is sheer stupidity.

The jewish people have for 1900 years , without a state of their own,been persecuted by christians and Muslims in other nations under"God".Not going to happen anymore.The persecution ends with this generation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join