It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a correct way to make tin foil hats?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Do you know what you just said?? "A THOUGHT just came into your head?
I wouldnt do it- they're not your thoughts!!!!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

Thank you, it seems to be the right size.
I think ths might do it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was just reading an article about people that wear their tin foil hats too tight, the effects are not good! Be sure and leave yourself a little space when constructing those hats

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Oh no, you know. I have said too much... How did you know I cook with tinfoil? Someone please help me.

They are coming.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

and

reply to post by eye open doors

Oh, really? Then I'd better stop thinking altogether just to be on the safe side. Maybe a full head gear made of aluminum might prevent those unwanted thoughts from entering my big brain.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
They are coming.

^^^^^That reminds me of a song my mom used to sing to me when I was little

They're coming to take me away haha hoho hehe...to the funny farm

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I was just reading an article about people that wear their tin foil hats too tight, the effects are not good! Be sure and leave yourself a little space when constructing those hats

Excellent point jen! Also, don't use the expensive brand-name foil; the big corporations like Reynalds, etc are in on it, too. Always use the house brand, from the 99cent store, if possible. This type of foil doesn't last quite as long, but that's all right; that's what duct tape is for!!!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think you just thought, because this tinfoil hat I am wearing is making funny noises. Shhhh...

They're coming to take me away haha hoho hehe...to the funny farm

I have heard that song too. This is bad... This is real bad...

If I do not make it, please give this to the proper authorities

They will know what to do with it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think it is safe now

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That's the song my mom always sang to me!
Thank you for posting that, it reminds me of old times.

DG, Oh my gosh, you got your pink tin foil hat on. That looks marvelous darling!!

Now, onto something more serious...I was having coffee with this old gal one time a few years back and she told me that the good old foil back insulation that they used to use in homes has been replaced with the paper backed kind.....hmmmm??? Yea, you know why they stopped using that now

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

I'm glad you like it, Its safer now.

I just hope others do it too, because i care for you!

My keyboard is messed up.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

farm1.static.flickr.com...

DISTURBING!

Don't turn into a zombie, either.

[edit on 2008-5-21 by pikypiky]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Zombies! Where? Perhaps I can use my tinfoil hat to bludgeon them, but they are undead. My head will be vulnerable too.
Oh no... What will I do?

Wednesday will save me.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
...the good old foil back insulation that they used to use in homes has been replaced with the paper backed kind.....hmmmm??? Yea, you know why they stopped using that now

Jen, my friend, it's much worse than that. Not only is the foil insulation gone, but there used to be a foil, printed wall paper...try to find that nowadays!! They convinced people to pry it off their walls and not use it anymore!

But, I will share with all you concerned people on this thread, how I overcame this unavailability of foil decor and insulation. Despite the law that says I have to recycle everything, I have saved all my tin cans and tinfoil and tape them to my walls and ceiling. I am presently placing foil underneath my carpet. BTW I used to use my used tinfoil to add to my giant tinfoil ball, so this is quite a sacrifice.

Please read this post promptly, as I am thinking of deleting everything in it in one hour. I don't want them to see it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Desert!!! Oh my goodness...you are so right. I had completely let the good old foil wallpaper slip my mind
My grandma had some of that in her living room on elm street. She also had a painting she had painted of the virgin Mary. This may sound bad, but when she died in 1987, I took that picture down and put it in the closet in my grandpas bedroom, because that virgin Mary's eyes followed me all around the living room .... no matter where I walked, she was looking at me!! It made me feel so unholy...not to mention, extreme paranoia.

What has become of the world?

Edit* type O

[edit on 5/23/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Stay calm, Jen. Stay calm, and they won't think we're on to them. You were correct to put that picture away. First it was holy pictures, then they wanted us to buy velvet paintings of Christ and Elvis looking at us, observing everything we do. I have tried to tell my sister about my brother-in-law's John Wayne portrait, but noooo, they won't listen to me...they think I'm crazy.
You know what the latest thing is to get into our private lives?? Fatheads!! Yes, fatheads, Jen. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it never stops. Consider yourself, and anyone else reading this thread, warned. Remove the fatheads.

I need to go calm my nerves.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
DG....great thread. Tin foil hats! I want to make one for work. I was just talking to one of my associates about today in fact. I want to wear it on dress down Fridays!!

I want to make it nice, you know what I mean? I don't want it to look silly!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
LOL

My husbands uncle had a wallpaper store and we all had the shiny foil wallpaper, i loved it, it was so funky!!!
Hmmmm......Maybe you can still get some on EBay. Under "retro" stuff

I bet it would cost an arm and a leg now, though. I've always liked all funky stuff like that, now i want some!!!!
Just think all the protection that would give us, hmmm...wow!

I'm going to try to find some!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
www.hannahstreasures.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

They still sell it if you "google" images

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Check out this picture right here....no matter where you walk in the room, she's watching you...go on, try it, it's true. Maybe we should cover her up with some tin foil?

Here another thing I thought of, you remember the good old days when you had foil on the rabbit ears ( the antenna) so the tv would come in clear...tin foil does work
It's all been replace now with satelites in the sky
It's all part of the plan to get inside our heads...just like Dg said :shk:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join