It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Pictograph?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hey all,

came across a couple sites that discuss this odd symbol found in what was a dry lake bed near the base of the Steens Mtns. It's called Mickey Basin.

Here's one of the links

cropcircleconnector.com...

I can't seem to confirm anything, so I suspect it a bunch of Phooey but have not heard of it before and thought some of you may have.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oregon also has that doorway to hell....its a hole they never ends....suppose they dropped some test line down it 2000 feet and never hit the bottom.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Heres some info.
www.labyrinthina.com...
its noted that this is where the origins of halloween came from.
www.earthtransitions.com...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

You are referring to Mel's Hole. I listened to Mel talk about this a few times many years ago, but he never convinced me. There were just to many "holes" in his story that didn't add up.

News Story Link
MelsHole.com

@ Lock, they mention a video at the site you posted but I could not see any link to one. Are you aware of any video on this?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yah utube show mels hole.Go to google search video and type in mels hole.Its shows it on there.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Actually, I was referring to video of the oregon pictograph.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yah google video search Sri Yantra...show it

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks. Here is a clip:

Google Video Link

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've never heard about this pattern in Eastern Oregon. It sounds like an alternative crop circle formation. Oregon has another strange site to see. It's called the Oregon Vortex. It's a must see. I've been there.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I made a thread on vortexs and i have read bout that one as well.Funny i think a vortex is kinda like a little blackhole in a sense.But a actual vortex is is different in a sense of that place with that weird house claiming to be one.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

The weird house is just there to entertain the kids. It was originally a assay office built in 1904. The tour guides told us that it slid off its foundation in a land slide and now its all twisted. The tilted house is near the center of the vortex where the optical effect is the strongest. Some people feel the disorientation when standing near the front of the house. I was with two other friends when I went and they felt dizzy, where I did not.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Wow! That video is pretty cool, thanks for posting it.

It sure is a weird deal, was going to go visit it for myself but apparently it is no longer dry. Too bad. I would dive for a look, but it's highly doubtful that anything could be seen after this long even if the crust was very clay hardened.

I actually live about 20 minutes from the Oregon vortex and still have not been there, go figure. I am told that while some dismiss it as just optical illusions many say that things just ain't right when your there. Pictures distort and such oddities. Guess I'll need to go and make a report back, perhaps take pics as well.

Groovy

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

It's not an optical illusion. It's an optical distortion. The photons behaive differently within the vortex. Their path is disrupted by some unknown source. It kind of like a magnifying lens effect but everything is still focused.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Optical illusion and self deception.

Such sites are found in most states, they use to go by the name, "tourist trap".

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I don't do videos, but I do pictographs. The thing you are looking at is a type of petroglyph called a "geoglyph."

It's modern in orgin. It's "A gift of the Circle Makers" as the website says, and was constructed in the 1990's. It's visually interesting, and may have been an interesting challenge to create. There are a number of Earth Sculptures (which this really kind of falls under) across the world where people started making designs that could only be seen from the air.

The most interesting ones to me are the Japanese fields where the crops are selcted and planted for the color of their foliage. They recreate older classic Japanese paintings.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Good to see you posting here again Byrd!

top topics

join