It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burma: We'd rather let people die than allow U.S. aid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Burma: We'd rather let people die than allow U.S. aid

www.breitbart.com

YANGON, Myanmar (AP) - Myanmar shunned a U.S. proposal for naval ships to deliver aid to cyclone victims on Wednesday, according to state-run media, dimming hopes that the vessels could provide a major boost to relief efforts.
The New Light of Myanmar, a mouthpiece for Myanmar's ruling junta, said that such assistance "comes with strings attached," citing fears that Washington wants to overthrow the country's government and seize its oil.

The United States, as well as France and ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This just doesn't make sense. We've made our intentions clear as day, accept it.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

as much as it pains me to reply to a topic where the OP
hasnt even put any effort into his/her post.

so the United states is just going to say fair play and walk away?
thousends of people dead and thousends more in need of aid.

the united states said it attacked Iraq to liberate the Iraqis from saddam hussain after their failed search for WMDs

now the world sees a true case right in front of everyones face.

the dictators of Burma dont take a shizza about their people and the world stands by and lets it be.
where is the US and its army to liberate the people of burma?
if the Iraqi people needed liberating these people seem to need it even more.

this doesnt just go for the US but china who seem to back the actions.
and other countries

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I saw a ten year old girl weighed in at 30lbs. Hollow eyed, beyond crying from hunger. UN says 120,000 children are at risk of starving in 'the week'.
Mynamars leadership should be strung up in the equitorial sun, shot, burned, and buzzard fed upon. Always the weak and the children who share the most burden of calamity. Scotty, beam me up.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
At the end of the day i don't see why America and other countrys just don't fly over Burma and just drop the aid to the people who need it

Yes i understand that it would be violating their air space and might make them angry But i dont think burma would have the power to stop all the countrys from droping aid

It's not like we are trying to take over the country Just trying to help the people

But the people in power are not the one's going hungry and dying every day

[edit on 21-5-2008 by duffster]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Originally posted by bodrul

where is the US and its army to liberate the people of burma?
if the Iraqi people needed liberating these people seem to need it even more.

Where is Great Britain and it's army? I suggest you concentrate on what you and your country can do, instead of attacking the US.

Or better yet, address the situation in Burma, where the corrupt regime is the reason the people are suffering.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

please pay attention to the bottem of my reply
and hopefully it will be as clear as day

this doesnt just go for the US but china who seem to back the actions.
and other countries

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This really makes me sick.

Why can't we the western world just tell the Junta to go screw themselves and air drop relief supplies all over the country? Sure they'll fight and riot and the Junta will get some of the aid, but atleast we would have tried and some needy people could get help.

I said it before, we're going to end up waiting for the hundreds of thousands to die first before we decide to do anything.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I wasn't talking about China. I was talking about GB.

Dedicating the majority of your thread to an anti-America rant isn't forgiven by a short "Oh yeah, and others" sentence at the end.

And again, you should be addressing the corrupt regime in Burma, not derailing the thread with your typical bash-America rhetoric.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
From what I understand, they don't want to let these people in because they don't want anyone to know how destroyed their country and their government really is. What relief efforts they claimed to be making seem to be puppet shows put on to convince foreigners that they have the situation under control when they don't.

This story talks about this in a little more detail:
www.cnn.com...

The CNN video of this story depicts this immaculate relief effort that just looks ridiculously too clean and perfect.

-ChriS

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

not really i only addressed the US mostly
is because of the vast majority of people on ATS seem (those that supported the Iraq war) seem to say alot which is the US invaded Iraq to liberate the Iraqis from a dictator.

same princibles for burma. they need liberating and as you say those people need to be delt with, say what you want about US bashing if saying what i have said accounts for US bashing so be it.

neither the less i wont argue with the fact the UK should also be in there with the US doing something.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The U.S. government undoubtably knows that you've grown hoarse from screaming at them about iraq. I believe that they want to give you and many others here a chance to recover before giving you another country to scream some more about.

Seriously, are you pathologically unable to place the blame where it belongs on this? And here's a hint - it isn't the U.S. governments fault this time. OK?

Even china allowed U.S. military aid for the earthquake victims without worrying about "strings being attached". Where's your evidence that the U.S. required some sort of quid pro quo before trying to save starving people? No, it's much more likely that the military rulers of myanmar are looking at this is a nature's gift in the form of population control.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I wasn't talking about China. I was talking about GB.

Dedicating the majority of your thread to an anti-America rant isn't forgiven by a short "Oh yeah, and others" sentence at the end.

And again, you should be addressing the corrupt regime in Burma, not derailing the thread with your typical bash-America rhetoric.

What I think Mr Bodrul was attempting to say was : What is the security council , the G8 and the rest of the modern world going to do about this blatant abuse of human rights. If he picked out America its because shes the country that has the most ability to do something about it, we as Britain do not have the ability to do much about it. We have no carriers to spare, we have no troops to send in, we have no jets to spare. We are stretched to the very limits.....that is unless you want us to pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan all together? Unlike the great US navy which has more ships in its North Atlantic fleet than most of Europe does in their entire navy's put together we are a small nation with very little power projection. But hey, just because he mentioned the worlds super power makes him anti American I mean god forbid that he actually mentioned the US in a negative light for once...I mean jeez that makes him a darn commie....

Bod I'd go hand yourself in before your “rescued” by some “freedom protecting” men in black and taken to a remote island with lots of sunshine and plenty of naval ships near it....

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

did you even read my reply?
china accepeted the help along with help from other nations.

Burma isnt, they wont accept any help for their people and would rather see them die.

now to repeat what i said before.
the United states (along with britain) used the second pretext liberation of iraqis for the war in Iraq.

i am not blaming the US or are you pathologically unable to read a reply properly?

to make it clear Burma is a clear sign of a goverment that is letting its people die. now i would have expected the US (along with britain) to do what the US and uk are good at liberating countries.

since it seems clear that country needs to be liberated

please state where i said US aid had strings attached and so on.

reply to post by devilwasp

exactly.

also orange isnt my collor even so the sunshine sounds fun compared the rain here

[edit on 21-5-2008 by bodrul]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I want to know where the hell is the UN? Why the delay? And where is UNICEF? If they cannont perform their functions they do not need to exist.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I want to know where the hell is the UN? Why the delay? And where is UNICEF? If they cannont perform their functions they do not need to exist.

UN cant perform without a majority decision from the Security council....there are 5 parties that can stop a vote dead in its tracks which makes the security council idiotic at best. Also Burma is refusing all aid agencies I believe no matter where they are from...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That's it then. Air drop mre's. Devil be damned. And it better be quick.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
That's it then. Air drop mre's. Devil be damned. And it better be quick.

Unless your willing to foot the bill for that I'd say theres not chance of that happening soon. US congress and the british parliment are tighter than ducks rears when it comes to spending money, never mind what it would be like getting money from the UNSC....afterall doesnt Burma have Anti air facilities?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Modern global aid groups main priority is child and drug trafficking. the good willed people of the world give money to United Way and Unicef or whatever other U.N. Charity and the money never goes to the people.

Lets face it guys and stop kidding ourselves. These groups are just there to arrive in a destroyed area scoop up the kids and ship em out to elites all over the world.

Don't give money because like the tsunami the people will not see any of it and like Katrina on home soil they never really want to help just sieze guns ban people from their homes and send em to nice little camps with asbestos trailers that slowly kill them.

Its horrible what happened to these people but lining the pockets of charity operators won't help them. The secret agencies around the world smuggle these children and drugs and LOVE destroyed areas so they can run amok.

So get your heads out of the clouds people and tell me what was done for the tsunami and katrina victims and if the aid helped them and if it did feel free to give your money to child kidnappers.

Its bad under this Junta but worse under the UN.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Bloody hell! We've got 3 bill to pour into Iraq every month and we cannot afford emergency disaster relief!? Oh, that's right, Katrina. Formaldehyde traps. Why don't they just euthanize us properly?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join