It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next stop for Hillary: Supreme Court?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Next stop for Hillary: Supreme Court?

www.washingtonpost.com

If Obama were to promise Clinton the first court vacancy, her supporters would actually have a stronger incentive to support him for president than they would if she were going to be vice president. Given the Supreme Court's delicate liberal-conservative balance, she would play a major role in charting the country's future; there is no guarantee that a Clinton vice presidency would achieve such importance ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed source link]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Eventually this was bound to happen, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This would strategically be a fantastic concession. Actually now that I think about it, it is one hell of a strategic move. From Senator to Justice of the supreme court. Talk about branching out, and upping your rung on the ladder officially.

Plan B, is a brilliant stroke.

Especially if they tie it in with the need to reform our currency through disability law. It will take a Supreme Court Vote, after the local courts have their way with it. If Senator Clinton is in a position such as supreme justice when this law comes up to the plate. She has just pegged her legacy equal with her husband, as the saviors of our American democracy.
It could be an reset of inflation, by her hand.

Man I've got to comment on this stuff on TV, hehehe.

-ADHD

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Does Hillary have the legal background to qualify for that?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Without doing more checking...I know she was in a firm in Ark called Rose law firm...I dont believe she was a ever a circuit court judge..which is more akin to supreme court than a private practise lawer...so yeah she has a legal background...not sure if you would say it prepared her for the moral issues that the supreme court deals with.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
First of all, which SCOTUS seats are in the for possible replacement? Who has made any noise as to retirement?

Here's how they line up:

Conservatives

Alito, Kennedy, Scalia, Roberts, Thomas

All relatively young and healthy. No changes there that I can see.

Liberals

Breyer, Ginsburg, Souter, Stevens

Stevens has expressed frustration at being on the losing team.

Also remember that a nominee is not an automatic appointment. The approval process is nasty.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Hell Mr. Burgundy, when has qualifications mattered when it comes to the Klintons? No way in my opinion. She's looking at 2012....wow where have I heard that year before?

top topics

join