It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Spielberg's Ghost/UFO Social Network To Be Called The Rising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Steven Spielberg's Ghost/UFO Social Network To Be Called The Rising

www.washingtonpost.com

More details on Steven Spielberg's upcoming ghost and UFO based social network...
---
....site will reportedly be called "Rising" or "The Rising" (our understanding is that they have acquired both .com domain names)...
---
The Rising will have original video content with a permanent host in addition to the social network where users can share stories and experiences, tapping into serious demand for this kind of thing.
---
Rumored launch date is this summer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Steven Spielberg is Starting UFO / Paranormal Social Website

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Is this a good thing for the world of Alternative News? Or, with a name like Steven Spielberg drawing in the crowd, does this spell doom for sites like ATS?

The kind of site this article outlines is something i have always thought the powers of ATS have been secretly working on, however, if they are beaten to the punch by Steven Spielberg, it may diminish its impact.

My thoughts are that this new site sounds like a great idea and will probably create more traffic for the world of Alternative News, including ATS.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I will definately pass, and after reading SEVERAL sites where you can comment....apparently a lot of people are too

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Is that why I saw " The Rising " as one of the top googled things on Google Trends recently? I thought that was itnteresting, since i remember reading a book called something similar. I think this is a great idea. He has a big name and will attract so many to delve into this. All the people who aren't normally inquisitive of the happenings round the world will go in on this. Hey ATS has a nice format. If Spielberg can do a better job than ATS with the format, then it can win. That just makes ATS owners work harder to make this site better to keep us coming. Spielberg will only help get more people coming into the show.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I bet when you sign up for "The Rising" you have to sign some terms and conditions. At the end of these conditions in small print is a clause that gives the parent company exclusive rights to all information posted in teh site to be used in an online film or print media.

Call me cynical but it sounds like an idea harvesting tool rather than information sharing tool. I highly suspect numerous viral marketing campaigns starting there too.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Doesn't he have enough money??? For cryin out loud...give someone else a chance will ya...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree and I don't buy it.

Spielberg would only be in on it for profit. It's what he does, spin hundreds of millions of dollars from the pockets of the sheep, to view his work.

I never really trusted Spielberg or his work, despite enjoying some of his movies.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Maybe it'll give the hoaxers somewhere else to go.

new topics

top topics

join