It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

easy cure for economy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So after hearing all this news about the failing economy and all such as that and then hearing the campaign budgets for the presidential candidates it seems to me that an easy solution would be for the candidates to give up the money. I mean why do they need millions of dollars just to promote themselves? Many people have done that for very little money. To me it just seems that it'd make things better.

Anyway I'd like to hear what the intelligent people on ATS have to say And please let's not turn this into another debate over the candidates.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
No thoughts?

Hm, thought this would gather more interest.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Last I heard, Obama had spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $40 million. If you distributed that evenly among the population, you'd give everyone a whopping 16 cents. Even if you added up all the money, from all the candidates, spent in this election, it'd be well under a billion dollars, which would be less than $4 per person.

In other words, it wouldn't make any difference at all.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Still it seems like that's a lot of money going towards virtually nothing. I'm sure there are plenty of other good uses.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Don't forget all of the money that lobbyists throw at politicians every year.

But I have another cure for the economy, AND the food shortages that we are expecting will grow worse...

www.uoregon.edu...

top topics

join