It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standing on a moving sidewalk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As someone who travels for a living, I have noticed a disturbing trend: people stand on moving sidewalks when the entire reason that the contraptions exist is to get us from point A to point B a little faster. Is it not the height of laziness to stand on a conveyor that moves at 2.3 mph? And why is it exactly that when there are announcements and large overhead signs that proclaim "STAND to the right, WALK to the left" that people do exactly what they are being asked NOT to do? GRRRRRR!!! I bring this up because this afternoon while changing planes, I was yelled at by a large woman whom I asked (politely) to stand to the right so I could pass on the left. She said to me, "What's your f**king rush?" Nice. Not only have we become the laziest nation on the earth, now we're adding rude to our menu of shortcomings.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I feel your pain friend.

I politely said excuse me to a couple standing side by side on a conveyor and they had some luggage so that it was impossible to pass. The man didn't even look at me, but the woman told me in a stern voice "won't get there much faster".

To her I was the one being rude.
At that point I stepped over her bag and shoved my way past.
It's a bloody airport, and yes, I was in a hurry to get to my connecting gate.

This goes the same for escalators.
I like to trot up or down them and some people just won't stand to one side. Some even stand in the middle and put one arm on each hand rail.:shk:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by miesian corners

I can understand you being upset by the lady not moving over and her choice of verbage when you asked politely.

My Dad had terrible knee arthritis before he died, and I know he stood still on the people mover because I took him to the airport several times. You wouldn't have known anything was wrong with him when you looked at him, so it had nothing to do with being lazy. We actually got to point B from A faster, by going on the conveyer moving 2.3 mph!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by miesian corners
She said to me, "What's your f**king rush?"

Ever the boat rocker, and always more than happy to educate people in the "bleedin obvious", I probably would have said in a smug tone..."i want to get away from you of course!".

I was a scout...."be prepared" the world's full of 'em.

new topics

top topics

join