It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the mind of an anti-mason: The creation of an anti-mason youtube video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article that shows how information can be twisted around and edited into a youtube video to distort facts and stress a completely different point:

burningtaper.blogspot.com...

The video offers a great glimpse into the mind of an anti-Masonic conspiracy-monger with basic videography skills. You'll see what I mean when you watch the video. Apparently, the first rule of making an anti-Masonic video is to assume that the viewers share your fear of Freemasonry and that they already "understand" why they should be afraid of us. Attacking symbols without giving any thought to what the symbols might actually mean seems to be a favorite propaganda technique.

In this case, it's a fear of skulls and tattoos, neither of which are exclusive to Freemasons, along with a misunderstanding of the meaning of the Three Pillars.

video:

original article:
www.latimes.com...

I found this very interesting - and a good insight into the thought process / filtering that information goes through from beginning to end of an anti-masonic amateur video editor.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
...a good insight into the thought process / filtering that information goes through from beginning to end of an anti-masonic amateur video editor.

No argument there. And I find his choice of music much more offense than his subjects.

His other videos are a treat as well.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It hard not to do an one line post here. Man, that was sad. It is beon me why some one would hate a group so much as to stoop that low.
second line. It is a lot like want the Nazis did in their campan against the Jews.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by lost in the midwest]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

heh, well keep in mind the other main target of the Nazis were the freemasons. Freemasons are the natural enemy of any totalitarian or fascist organization. Part of the reason masons have been singled out over the years are due to this free-thinking mentality that is at best eccentric and misunderstood by the many.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

heh, well keep in mind the other main target of the Nazis were the freemasons. Freemasons are the natural enemy of any totalitarian or fascist organization. Part of the reason masons have been singled out over the years are due to this free-thinking mentality that is at best eccentric and misunderstood by the many.

It's due the possible subversion of society that Freemasonry could potentially pose. Those totalitarian governments weren't worried in the least about "free thinkers" or "eccentrics." The potential that rebels could congregate and plot in a clandestine system of Lodges was simply reason enough to suppress Masonry and indeed all rival occult orders.

I'm quite aware of the Nazi persecution of Freemasons, but other groups suffered just as much or more. The Gypsies are some that immediately come to mind. Didn't the Nazis think that the Gypsies would curse them or something?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
True the Nazis went atfer others, You forgot Homsexuals, Metally retarded. The point I was making is the Nazis did some hard core PR against the Jews. Posters,films, radio. I have never heard that they did that to the other groups. I not that well versed in history so I can't say they didn't.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I think their the enemy of any totalitarian reigime because they would try to influence to grab power and control, 2 greedy people will fight over the trejure.The totalitarian reigime would think the masonry as a threat to their well being.In my own opinion it's two bad aples fighting it out, one with weapons and man power , the other like a snake with influence and propaganda.masonry can't exist in a dictatorship tipe of country because the dictators are usualy afraid of influence and powergrab.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Does the same logic apply to Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
There are many reasons why this angry black man has made an angry black man friendly video. Because for one, his ego needs a stroke, and the second is he has to blame everyone else for his failures in life. The blame game doesn't work.

I characterize myself as a Christian Mystic. My relationship with God is My own. I blame no one for my state in life as I am gifted with the power of creation. I have the same gifts as everyone else, should they choose to know them. Know themselves and Know God at an intimate level. People on the whole are too self serving for that so they do not understand. I feel freemasonry is rather a tame philosophy compared to my beliefs. I would hate to see a youtube based on me.

I was going to add that I own a rather nice 'true cross' relic and it has a skull and crossbones over the secret flap that reveals it.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Illahee]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Does the same logic apply to Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals?

On a certain level, yes. Any group that could potentially "corrupt society" either by their actions, lifestyle or thoughts would be sought out and eradicated. Homosexuals pose a different threat, but all the same of corrupting someone's image of a perfect society.

That's where you get these crazy dictators, religious fanatics, and anti-everyones (like the kind that produce these youtube videos). They have myopic tunnel vision, which excludes any other input whatsoever that is contrary to their current ideas.

top topics

join