It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology, A scam and a dangerous cult.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Very very interesting interview with Ron Hubbard Jr. in a 1983 edition of penthouse magazine:
www.lermanet.com...
Here's two little tasters of this incredible interview:

"Hubbard: Yes. The Antichrist. Alestair Crowley thought of himself as such. And when Crowley died in 1947, my father then decided that he should wear the cloak of the beast and become the most powerful being in the universe.

Penthouse: You were sixteen years old at that time. What did you believe in?

Hubbard: I believed in Satanism. There was no other religion in the house! Scientology and black magic. What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period. To perform black magic generally takes a few hours or, at most, a few weeks. But in Scientology it's stretched out over a lifetime, and so you don't see it. Black magic is the inner core of Scientology --and it is probably the only part of Scientology that really works. Also, you've got to realize that my father did not worship Satan. He thought he was Satan. He was one with Satan. He had a direct pipeline of communication and power with him. My father wouldn't have worshiped anything. I mean, when you think you're the most powerful being in the universe, you have no respect for anything, let alone worship."

and

"Penthouse: Where did all this money come from? How much did it cost to be audited, in Scientology parlance?

Hubbard: It cost as much as a person had. He had to stay in the organization, getting audited higher and higher, until he paid us as much as he had. People would sell their house, their car, convert their stocks and securities into cash, and turn it all over to Scientology.

Penthouse: What did you promise them for this price?

Hubbard: We promised them the moon and then demonstrated a way to get there. They would sell their soul for that. We were telling someone that they could have the power of a god --that's what we were telling them."

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yep, L. Ron Hubbard is a giant sleezeball. But hey, I guess some people as "smart" as Tom Cruise will never learn. It is very much a cult and it is very dangerous. [Snip]

Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 22/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't honestly follow what the high profile Scientologists™ like Cruise or Travolta get up to, but what I am interested in is, are they ever actively involved in a recruiting sense? Has Tom Cruise, or any of the more famous members for that matter, ever publicly said "you should join Scientology™!" or words to that effect?
The deeper I look into Scientology™, the scarier it becomes.
I had always asumed that it was just scam designed to look like a religion, to part the gullible from their money. It would seem, from other angles, that there is possibly a much more sinister side to it all.
Can anyone ratify what Hubbard Jr. says as probable truth, or does Jr. have some sort of vendetta against Scientology™?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
lermanet2.com is a little one-sided in it's reporting of Scientology. I can't believe the story for that reason.

Interesting story though, thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
I don't honestly follow what the high profile Scientologists™ like Cruise or Travolta get up to, but what I am interested in is, are they ever actively involved in a recruiting sense? Has Tom Cruise, or any of the more famous members for that matter, ever publicly said "you should join Scientology™!"....

Dude...please stop putting the little ™'s beside scientology. it kinda makes me want to throw up. no offense to you or anything, its just disgusting.

Can anyone ratify what Hubbard Jr. says as probable truth, or does Jr. have some sort of vendetta against Scientology™?

L. Ron Hubbard is the founder of scientology. I don't think he has any vendetta against it. In fact, on the contrary, he has everything to gain from it and does. Its been rumored that he's said "the quickest way to make millions is to start your own religion" but I don't know how true that is. Google it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Eh?
Were talking about Ron Hubbard Jr.
Not Ron Hubbard.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Well, the site itself is very anti-scientology, but the article itself is from a 1983 issue of Penthouse.
I doubt Penthouse is pro or anti scientology.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Has Tom Cruise, or any of the more famous members for that matter, ever publicly said "you should join Scientology™!" or words to that effect?

Yes, Tom Cruise has been involved in recruiting. In fact, on the set of War of the Worlds, he asked Speilberg if he could have a little tent up when they were shooting which distributed Scientology literature (nee: lies and bs) to crew members, which Speilberg agreed to!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
For every fringe religious group out there I can show you someone, even the children of the leadership, making claims like these. Zeena Schrek, daughter of ANton La Vey also made similar claims but they were debunked by her mother and the rest of the family. Then there are the claims about Michael Aquino and if you do some simple and easy research you can find that he wasn't even at the Presidio when the claims were made and said to have occured, but working in Washington D.C. Aquino is innocent, La Vey was innocent and while Hubbard was a paranoid, money grubbing bastard the allegations don't ring true. He may have practiced some magick when his son was a kid, he may have spoken in terms of how Christians would view him (ANtichrist, Beast etc), he certainly couldn't have taken it seriously. For Crowley it was a case of "my mother called me the Beast as a child". He used it to gain fame, but only accepted the term in the sense that is how Christians would view him.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I kind of thought there was probably an alterior motive for Hubbard Jr to be spreading manure like that. Possibly he lost his inheritance or something. I don't know, there's very little about him on the web.
That said, Scientology has a very acute focus upon destroying links to anything that portrays them in a bad light. It's only recently that certain anti-scientology sites have been left unmolested. Even before the net, critics were singled out for special attention. Perhaps now the critics are so exposed and in plain view of so many people on the web, it would be very risky to beat them down in the usual manner.
So it's pretty much decided, scientology isn't a secret black magick cult...it's just another greedy corporation selling hope to the gullible?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, it would seem the occult origins of scientology are correct, And also some very interesting info on Hubbard and greys:

www.boudillion.com...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Another "false" religion! So glad that this is being exposed for what it really is. I don't understand why these high profile celebrities can't see through it. More brainwashing? Remember, Satan comes as an "angel of light"! Jesus tells us that there will be many false Christs and many false religions in the last days!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Are you saying that there is religions out there that aren't false???

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Are you saying that there is religions out there that aren't false???

I suppose so. Some people would rather believe in aliens that live in volcanoes, and others would rather believe in talking snakes. Sort of ridiculous to call one a scam / cult, and not the other.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

That's what I was thinking. You always seem to hear "My religion is right. Everyone else is wrong!" No matter what religion they are.
Kind of ironic.
I'd agree most aren't as shady as scientology though.
I'm still reading up on Hubbards occult background, and it's pretty certain he was heavilly involved with black magick rituals.
Saying that, perhaps it was the greys that gave him the info about xenu.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
All Ron Hubbard did was make it possible for weak minds to be sucked into a trap.

If you follow dianetics all it is is empowerment for a weak minded human being.

Ron Hubbard was a smart man for writing it and look how Scientology still today preys on weak minded individuals, after learning about Scientology I have to laugh what a joke it is.

there is a pack of Scientology literature on the torrents somewhere that has all of Hubbards writing works OT courses and so forth.

Another thing that helped Ron back in the ol days 60's - 70's was blackmail espionage, and just plain and simple being a crooked bastage.

SR

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
All Ron Hubbard did was make it possible for weak minds to be sucked into a trap.

If you follow dianetics all it is is empowerment for a weak minded human being.

Ron Hubbard was a smart man for writing it and look how Scientology still today preys on weak minded individuals, after learning about Scientology I have to laugh what a joke it is.

there is a pack of Scientology literature on the torrents somewhere that has all of Hubbards writing works OT courses and so forth.

Another thing that helped Ron back in the ol days 60's - 70's was blackmail espionage, and just plain and simple being a crooked bastage.

Exacatly that's what i think all religions are about it's all about 'feeling' a sense of as you say empowerment that some people can't acheieve on their own.

Of course when you start thinking laterally you realise the actual parts of the religions and things it makes you do are a scam.

But still it's like an addiction belief is like an addiction the sense that your doing 'good' or have a purpose is an addiction all these feelings that can be easily manipulated of course that's what Ron realised and made alot of money from.

But he was only copying what all the others did before him.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well, it would seem the occult origins of scientology are correct, And also some very interesting info on Hubbard and greys:

www.boudillion.com...

Actually, if you study DIanetics Scientology more has its roots in psychology. Yes, Hubbard was involved with Jack and Cameron Parsons but when you investigate it, Scientology has extremely little to do with the O.T.O. system or the Thelemic system of Aleister Crowley. Some things are shared, the concept of apotheosis for example, but they are common to most mystery religions.

As to Crowley's opinion of hubbard, the terms "goat" and "lout" were used. Crowley never communicated with Hubbard and thought poorly of Parsons "Babalon Working".

As a Thelemite I have done some work with Lam and have an extensive correspondence with the de facto leader of the Typhonian O.T.O. Mick Staley discussing Lam. None the of the traditionally negative elements of the conspiracy theory supporters regarding Lam exist from what I have ascertained in this correspondence.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here is Mick Staley's account and discussion of the Babalon Working of Parsons & Hubbard:

user.cyberlink.ch...

And by going to:

user.cyberlink.ch...

You can read several articles on the Typhonian OTO and Lam

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Its not all black or white folks.

This ATS Thread features some of the most neutral/open-minded videos on scientology ever published. Ex-top-scientologist and celebrity Jason Beghe speaks out about some of the pros and cons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join