It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does your Religion rank?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This is an interesting website ranking some 100+ of the largest religions of the world, graded on their efforts at bettering humanity and such.

www.godulike.co.uk...

Yes Freemasonry is on there, but it does explain that it isn't a religion, but a way of life, that excepts anyone of any religion, so that's cool....I find it interesting that Catholicism fails utterly, with a whopping -100, the lowest you can get...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The important thing is the Baptists are leading the Methodists, 91 to 75! GOOOoooo TEAM!!

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 05:59 AM
link   
the very last ranking...

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I gotta wonder where they got their data from... because those ain't the Baptists I know so well (up there near the top).

They fail miserably on 6 and 7 (on the coercion front):
6: For maintaining progress without resorting to violence, coercion or trickery
7: For toleration towards other faiths

And they're not too clear on whether dancing on Saturday night is still a sin.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Roman Catholics, did horrible in mainly 2 spots. Got a -5 in for maintaining progress without resorting to violence etc. And we got a 1 in tolerance toward other religionns. Well, at least our status is #30.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Byrd it's interactive,

It's just a poll. So the data is just the opinion of websurfers like us, so it's not scientific...

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 11:35 AM
link   
TC,

This is the description of Baptists from that site:
"Liberal Christianity for liberally minded"

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Catholics, 58, satanism, 42, Wicca, 74.

How the hell did Catholics get such a high rating? I understand satanism and Wicca, but catholics? They haven't gone a hundred years without some form of killing. Wether it be trials, Inqusitions, war, or, dang it, what the word, it means that while they didn't do it, they caused it. Like pope telling africans to have more kids, that kills of africans, for more people, more to feed, but still don't have enough food, so they starve. Or not stopping preists from raping little boys, causing depression and suicidal moods, and end in scuicide for victim.

Satanist, well, sacrifice animals, but don't hear of to many human sacrifices, or major wars, or Inqusitions or trials from them.

Wicca, and original witchcraft, no wars, no trials, no Inqusitions, no human sacrifices, no animal sacrifices. Should have gotten a higher rating.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 04:57 PM
link   
(g) Yeah, Bandit... just after I posted that, I discovered the site was interactive. So I gave 'em the benefit of MY opinion about Baptists.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, Catholic at 53th, and Wicca at 7th. How you vote? Interact, whatever you do to change scores?

I wanna vote to help catholics, they helped in bring harmony to the planet. They killed everyone who rebeled against them, and if no one left to fight, peace is achieved.

[Edited on 30-12-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 05:59 PM
link   
How does your religion rank?

Ask and you shall recieve, ask God.

he knows exactly how these religions rank, for he created one and only one of them for
the salvation of human souls.

peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 09:15 PM
link   
That site is all trash, period.

The important thing is the Baptists are leading the Methodists, 91 to 75! GOOOoooo TEAM!!

that's why the christian church is so foul and corrupt.. there's a thousand little denominations or whatever they are always fighting with each other... I thought they're all for Jesus, but if you get a methodist, a baptist, and a church of christ in one room, expect world war 3.

so much division in the christian church it's incredible.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This massive division started in 1500s by the revolt.

In the bible it says.

"" Unless the revolt come first and the man of sin be revealed
the end will not come ""

he created one church which has split into thousands.

peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Truth where exactly does it say that in the Bible and which version are you talking about??

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Truth, you seem to have missed some of the earlier divisions in the Catholic Church, including the splitting into Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic.

And no, they didn't have little denominations simply because they had a habit of killing anyone who attempted to start their own interpretation of the official religion.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, Catholic at 53th, and Wicca at 7th. How you vote? Interact, whatever you do to change scores?

I wanna vote to help catholics, they helped in bring harmony to the planet. They killed everyone who rebeled against them, and if no one left to fight, peace is achieved.

[Edited on 30-12-2002 by James the Lesser]

Go and read your history books, the Catholic church has done nothing to help humanity. Their greatest chance in the 20th century was in WWII. But what did the pope do, he remained silent whilst the Nazi's slaughtered everybody. What a weak institution, it couldn't even stand up for it's own values. But, hey what can we expect based on the past millenia.
I still maintain that religion is for those who are not happy with their lot or are just plain blind. In another 100 or 200 years, I doubt there would be any type of religion as we know it today.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It is scary in relation to how Catholics as well as Jesuits responded to the issues of WW II. In general they did nothing to address the abuse evident by the Germanic tribes. At present the reality is mankind has but one alternative, work together or starve. Eventually, my impression is mankind will be oriented and prepared to work on finding a means to make the later their goal.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 11:25 AM
link   
mad scientists are you the same one that said " religion is for suckers "

How ignorant is that?

"" The church has not done a thing to help mandkind "

are you kidding me?

How about all schools and universities they created, or all the homeless and poor shelters
they have all around the world??

Scientists, truly your hate for god knows no bounds.

Byrd, the orthodox are in schism because they don't believe in all doctrines nor the pope, they are basically
catholic and believe in almost all of the churches teachings except a few which means they are in schism.

very different than protestantism which completely denies the church.

Toltec, i got that passage from titus, i remember posting it awhile ago, i think its titus chpater 2.

Also during ww2 the church in those days actually took in jews and hid them from the germans in their church, there is this great book you should read about this.

peace.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Mad Scientist, it was sarcasm, if you read it, I said they helped bring harmony by killing everyone who opposed them, which means no enemies to fight, peace. It was about how the church has killed millions with nothing done to them. Who lead the Spanish Inqusition? The church, they get punished for the deaths? No.

They also held festivals for when people were accused of witchcraft, a religon that believed in do what one wilt, as long as yee harm none, which is currently around with Wicca, a do what one wants, as long as you harm none, were massed hanged. Same for druids, last open druid beheaded by the church in 1600's. Took them 1600 years to wipe out a religon that had been around for over thirty thousand years.

And peacefully brought about advance? Yea right, what advance? Anything new they called the devil and fought it. Car, airplane, jazz music, black rights, gay rights, women rights, if it new, they fight and kill you. White Knights of Christianity(mainly catholic) in their highest power were able to lynch blacks who wanted rights. The KKK(mainly catholic) in their power killed blacks for same thing and killed jews for helping blacks.(Great book by John Grisham, The Chamber has a scenario based on this)

Women rights? Up to them, women should be at home making babies and cleaning the house. In fact, in Africa, in parts where catholics have great influence, that all women do. Guess what? If they have 14 kids, but can only feed two, 12 die. And what church do to help them with their billions of dollars? Nothing.

The church also killed progress. One of the first catholic Roman Emporers, Theodisius, in 391 A.D. ordered the Alexandria Library burned. With it we lost immortal teachings of greek philosophers, info on ancient civilizations, and great works of art, along with Alexanders golden coffin(supposedly, that part may be myth) Also, catholic church either killed or inprisoned anyone who taught science. Copernicus, Galileo(sp?) Burnaro(he tried to teach us about human body, hanged for it, for body gods work, not to be messed with) and several other thousands not heard of, for their discoveries were shot down before the masses could hear them.

Catholic church should be below satanism. They never lead major wars, never wiped out entire villages, and they never made billions and instead of using it to help people, kept it.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
TC,

This is the description of Baptists from that site:
"Liberal Christianity for liberally minded"

Must be a different group. I'm not liberally minded, but just stick to what the Bible says. I haven't met any of the ones they are talking about.

Byrd, I think you have a warped perception of the Baptists. As far as dancing all night, this little funny should help you understand:

If you ever invite a Baptist to go fishing, you'd better invite two, or else the one will drink all your beer (the premise of the joke is if there are two, neither will be seen by the other drinking beer).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join