It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earn up to 10,000 Points for your artwork: Updated 2-05-09

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hello. As many of you know, ATS has its very own wiki, called tinWiki.orG. Lately then site has been picking up, and we would like to continue that improvement. So what I would like to do is get some members to create artwork for tinWiki. I am thinking right now I will offfer up to 10,000 points for accepted submissions. You will be given full credit on the image submissions page, along with your points.

If you need an idea, you can check out these pages which most can use a picture: Myths, Legends and Beasts. Of course you may find pages like the one on aliens, ghosts or reptoids that can really use some good, creative artwork as well.

And I do realizy that points may not be the greatest incentive in the workd, but you will be adding to a great website, and also, your artwork has the potential to be seen by millions.

jpeg and gif files are okay. Try and keep the file sizes down to help with download speeds. They can be 400x400 maximum, but smaller is okay as well. In other words if you want to make a picture that is 200x300 that is fine, just so long as we don't go over that maximum. Also you are free to take artistic license as long as the picture is serious and looks like what is being described.

You can post the pictures right here in this thread. Thank you!

edit to fix the bb code

[edit on 5-21-2008 by William One Sac]

[edit on 6-26-2008 by William One Sac]

Update on February 5, 2009

From this point forward, if your image is chosen as the "Featured Image of the Week", we will award you a bonus of 1,000 pts. The Featured Image of the Week can be viewed here: Main Page.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
just to make sure, we're not limited to those subjects - is that correct? in any case here are two of my personal favorites....

spiked midnight and dead purple skunk...

they arent Van Gogh's but I like em enuff to keep em around

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You are not limited to those topics, however they should relate to topics that tinWiki would cover. Even if an article has not been created yet, such as the Flatwoods monster.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh this is a great idea. I will submit some! I dont know what i would do with all the points? I am fairly new here but i always like getting a free plug for my artwork and i come to love this site, so i will help.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm not sure exactly what this could be used for, but it's the 'best' picture I've made. It probably won't hold up to what the artists of ATS can do though

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well i'm no artist when it comes to drawing or actually doing them, however I do montages via photoshop, whats the take on copywrite of using other works and modifying it such as what I do for avatars?

Thanks

edit: here's an example i just did of an Alpha Draconis/Reptilian

Original Work by Kaxblastard of Deviantart.com

Modified version

[edit on 21/5/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basilis

I'm not sure exactly what this could be used for, but it's the 'best' picture I've made. It probably won't hold up to what the artists of ATS can do though

That would probably make a nice image for our 'sun' article.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Hey that is a really cool image you have there. However I am thinking that your question about copywrite images fall into a gray area. I am asking one of the amigos his opinion on the article before I make a final decision. Just to avoid problems in the future. I can say that completely original work would be the best thing, but I am unsure about your question. I will give you an answer as soon as I get one. It may be that image constitutes fair usage or maybe even in the public domain. Not sure but will get back to you.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

No worries, thats fair enough, I knew it was a sketchy area, so hoping it goes well because that means lots of people may be able to help out after that
Perhaps lower points and a link of the image to the original page where it was from in the article itself???

'Original Image from artistname.deviantart.com' would be good.

Thanks much appreciated

Marty

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well if you think it would be a good image for it, then by all means use it.

-Will

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Well i'm no artist when it comes to drawing or actually doing them, however I do montages via photoshop, whats the take on copywrite of using other works and modifying it such as what I do for avatars?

Sorry the answer is no, we cannot use copywritten artwork, unless it has be put out into the poublic domain. Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

WOW, this sounds like fun WOS! I'll give it a shot. Need a little time tho to get my brain working. That stupid movie company kept me up most of the night. It's good to see you around WOS.
My thoughts and prayers have alway's been with you.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

Sorry the answer is no, we cannot use copywritten artwork, unless it has be put out into the poublic domain. Thanks.

The art work used (reptilian) is in the public domain, no copywrite on the image used, its like searching an image database, if the image is copywrite, i understand that

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The art work used (reptilian) is in the public domain, no copywrite on the image used, its like searching an image database, if the image is copywrite, i understand that

Ah, excellent, then we will use the image. I am also going to use the image of the "sun", for the page on the Sun. I may make them a bit smaller, but not too much.
Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
WOW, this sounds like fun WOS! I'll give it a shot. Need a little time tho to get my brain working. That stupid movie company kept me up most of the night. It's good to see you around WOS.
My thoughts and prayers have alway's been with you.

That is wonderful MountainStar, the more people that collaborate the better the project will be.
And thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, it means so much too me!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is my own photo sunset. I used a gif UFO, which is redesigned.
I enhanced it with the wind-effect to make it look like it's spinning.
Is this within the rules WOS? If not I'll try again.

*Flying Saucer Over Death Valley*

Oh yeah, is there a limit on entries?

[edit on 5/23/2008 by MountainStar]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
made this a while ago, just made some adjustments then and thought that you could use it for something.

(its big)
i171.photobucket.com...

sort of an exploding planet thinggy...

Roswell.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There are many talented Artists on ATS and BTS so im excited to see what the membership can come up with!

Heres my quick crappy little Photoshop attempt!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basilis

I used your image for the sun article and gave you 30,000 points.

I'm a Marty, I also gave you 30,000 points, but I am not quite sure where to use your picture just yet.

[edit on 5-24-2008 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

William! Thanks so much for that, actually, the picture is supposedly of an Annunaki or Draconian, perhaps in an article in relation to that

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join