It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain endorser Rev. John Hagee calls Hitler an Instrument of God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

McCain edorser Rev. John Hagee calls Hitler an Instrument of God

www.huffingtonpost.com

John Hagee, the controversial evangelical leader and endorser of Sen. John McCain, argued in a late 1990s sermon that the Nazis had operated on God's behalf to chase the Jews from Europe and shepherd them to Palestine. According to the Reverend, Adolph Hitler was a "hunter," sent by God, who was tasked with expediting God's will of having the Jews re-establish a state of Israel.

Going in and out of biblical verse, Hagee preached: "'And they the hunters should hunt them,' that will be the Jews. 'From every mountain and from every hill and from out of the holes of the rocks.' If that doesn't describe what Hitler did in the holocaust you can't see that."

He goes on: "Theodore Hertzel is the father of Zionism. He was a Jew who at the turn of the 19th century said, this land is our land, God wants us to live there. So he went to the Jews of Europe and said 'I want you to come and join me in the land of Israel.' So few went that Hertzel went into depression. Those who came founded Israel; those who did not went through the hell of the holocaust.

"Then god sent a hunter. A hunter is someone with a gun and he forces you. Hitler was a hunter. And the Bible says -- Jeremiah writing -- 'They shall hunt them from every mountain and from every hill and from the holes of the rocks,' meaning there's no place to hide. And that might be offensive to some people but don't let your heart be offended. I didn't write it, Jeremiah wrote it. It was the truth and it is the truth. How did it happen? Because God allowed it to happen. Why did it happen? Because God said my top priority for the Jewish people is to get them to come back to the land of Israel."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21/5/08 by WickedStar]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Give me dat Ole' Time Religion! Presidential hopeful John McCain has already said he regretted seeking Hagee's endorsement. I'm sure he's ready to crawl under a rock by now as Hagee has a sordid history of making remarks of this nature. Honestly, I'm at a loss of words right now but I'll be working on something.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ok.

As John Hagee has said and believes that Hitler was used by God to bring the diasporatic Jews back to the Homeland, he effectively condones Hitlers actions against the Jews. His only other option would be to rail against God, and that would not make for good Sunday attendance. It's a tricky situation he's put his ministry and John McCain in because, on the one hand, if God was responsible for the Holocaust - who wants to worship him? and on the second hand, if Hagee believes that it was God who actually motivated Hitler - who wants to worship at his church? McCain can only stand to loose from this because any pundit's endorsement directly reflects upon he/she whom they endorse. Does that mean that McCain believes the same about Hitler, no. However, by accepting Hagee's endorsement, it makes him look as if he does.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I guess I expected more people to be interested in this thread. The very fact that Hagee thought that his saying this was even remotely close to being OK is outrageous.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WickedStar

I don't think Rev Hagee is too clued up on his history either. Hitler opposed emigration to Palestine - he preferred the idea of an African colony, maybe Madagascar. I believe that the request for emigration to Palestine first originated and was proposed to the Nazis by the Zionist organisations, representatives of Ibn Saud, and probably representatives of the British and US Foreign Offices.

Either way, in soooooooooo many ways Hagee is wrong.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with this reverend. Has John McCain been a member of his church for 20+ years and is now claiming that he didn't know the guy was an idiot? If not, this is a sad attempt to "Rev. Wright" mr. mccain.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I believe if I were to ever run for office (maybe in my next life) I'd prefer to remain agnostic and perhaps volunteer for habitat for humanity instead. I think the good reverend should be tested for advanced syphilis. His words are as twisted as his mind.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I don't think Rev Hagee is too clued up on his history either.

He's not to clued on science either. He firmly believes that Katrina was an act of God, punishing New Orleans for sin.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WickedStar

all we need now is a preacher from the clintons and the circle is complete with obama and McCain

question do alot of preachers in the US think this way?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hagee is a loon. Correction - He's a RICH loon. McCain shouldn't have accepted the endorsement. Either that ... or he should have ignored it instead of saying a public 'thanks for the endorsement' thing. McCain should stick to pissing off the far right instead of trying to coddle it during an election year. He'd do better that way.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
I'm not familiar with this reverend. Has John McCain been a member of his church for 20+ years and is now claiming that he didn't know the guy was an idiot? If not, this is a sad attempt to "Rev. Wright" mr. mccain.

I'd say actively searching out the endorsement of an individual who has a history of radical and bat# insane views is worse than being a member of a chuch with a crazy pastor.

Obama didn't go to Wright for his endorsement, or for help with his Presidency. McCain went to Hagee for support with his Presidential race.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Well, I'd have to say that the fact that McCain SOUGHT OUT his endorsement puts him on the same level.

Don't you?

McCain thought 'Now THAT is someone I want endorsing my campaign'.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. McCain scares the bejesus out of me. He's a loose cannon. 'Bomb, bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran'. I just didn't find the humor in that.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
...McCain should stick to pissing off the far right instead of trying to coddle it during an election year...

More reverse psychology used by the GOP to garner votes from the undecided middle and the disenfranchised left.

If McCain was really pissing off the far right, freakin' Giuliani would have won the Republican nomination! They knew he'd get squashed so they went with plan B.

FF, that is a psychological ploy which I'm sure all the neo-con rags you read are trying to pawn off as reality. Either you know this and are just toeing the line, or you really need to start thinking outside the box.

Peace

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
More reverse psychology ... FF, that is a psychological ploy

Hey buddy that's insane ...

When McCain was nominated, all the far right people (Laura Ingram and Ann Coulter, and the rest) all said they'd vote for Hillary because McCain wasn't a real conservative and his temper scared the hell out of them.

(and I agree ... he isn't a conservative and his temper scares the heck out of me too)

It's just a fact. He pisses off the far right. They can't stand him.
He went and got a loon like Hagee to endorse him in an effort to look
better to the far right. But all it did was disappoint (and piss off) those in the middle and the left.

So how exactly is saying that FACT a 'psychological ploy'??

Dr. Love ... you are one funny dude.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
If McCain was really pissing off the far right, freakin' Giuliani would have won the Republican nomination!

The Republican Party is sick of being hijacked by the far right fundamentalists. THAT is how McCain got the nomination. Guiliani didn't stand a chance because he didn't bother to even try - except in Florida - and even there he failed miserably.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
OKAY fine... where's all the outrage you right wingers expressed over the Rev. Wright's comments.

Oh I know there is none because these are Republicans talking about somebody else, not an American (Democrat) criticizing America.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

He' the head spook. Weirdo, the Manchurian candidate, implant and all.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
where's all the outrage you right wingers expressed over the Rev. Wright's comments.

I'm sure you consider me a 'right winger'. Did you see my post?

One major difference - Uncle WRight was Obama's close personal advisor and mentor for 20 years. Hagee is just an endorsement.

McCain never should have publically accepted the endorsement.

Either that, or he should have ignored it since anyone can 'endorse' anyone else that they like.

I don't undersand Hagee 'endorsing' McCain. It's not like he's a fundamentalist conservative. McCain has a child adopted from a *gasp* Catholic orphanage. Hagee hates Catholics and the Catholic church.

Did McCain pay him off to endorse him or did Hagee just come out and endorse for no reason ... it's very strange.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

I'd say actively searching out the endorsement of an individual who has a history of radical and bat# insane views is worse than being a member of a chuch with a crazy pastor.

Exactly.

Why do people think McCain just begrudgingly accepted this endorsement when he admittedly SOUGHT it out knowing full well this guy was making some ridiculous statements.

Saying Hitler was God's right-hand man is nuttier than saying American foreign policies were one of the causes behind the terror attack on 9-11.

Hillary should seek out a nut of her own.
Maybe Pat Robertson?

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join