It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices around the world, going up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We all have heard about skyrocketing crude oil prices. $132/bbl from what I heard last.

We in the U.S. have been impacted by fuel prices going up with no celing in sight.

But what about the rest of the world? Is the rising fuel price consistant around the globe? Is the % increase from last year the same for Denmark as it is for Mexico?

ATS has members from around the world, so here is your chance to chime in with gas prices in your area. In a few days, if the thread is still alive, I'll tabulate the results and put them in USD$/GAL for comparisons.

While I realize that in some parts of the various countries prices may be different, an average can be derived and applied for comparison.

So start of with your Country and State/Province and then the price at the pump for the lowest grade of unleaded gasoline/petrol and the price for Diesel as well as the unit of measure for both money and volume (ie $ and gallons).

Here is mine:

U.S. - West Virginia - Unleaded $3.65 - Diesel $4.09 per gallon (U.S. Dollars & Gallons)

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Coshy]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Coshy]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
US, California, Santa Clara
4.01 reg
4.13 mid
4.24 prem

Also, whats up with this new trend out here, it used to be 10 cents between each grade, now its 12 between reg and mid, and 12-13 between mid and prem!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Thanks for your reply Cyprex!

What about Diesel prices in your area?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
£128.9 in england

My boss was on the news tonight about it

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Coshy

I live in Louisiana. My boyfriend ownes a small grocery store and has one gas pump that sells regular unleaded. Right now the price is $3.83 per gallon for the customers. He paid $3.62 a gallon yesterday to the company that delivers the gas. That price that he paid yesterday to supply his pumps, has gone up .08 cents a gallon already today.

He gets his tank for the pump topped off regulary to avoid having to pay a large bill to the company he buys from at one time.

His tank holds 3000 gallons. If he had to have it filled from being empty, it would cost him over $10,000.

He said he spoke to another owner of a small store in the area who has 3 tanks that hold 3000 gallons each. This store owner sells regular, mid and premium grades of gas. This guy was freaking out, because if he had to fill all 3 tanks at one time, it would cost over $54,000!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
France, Rhones-Alpes

Unleaded 95 : 8,60466 USD
Unleaded 98 : 9,13478 USD
Diesel : 8,89968 USD

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Should count himself lucky tbh lol.

Ill try and get the figures from my boss

but after duty and vat he only always makes 2ppl

So its like £1.14.9 unleaded pre sale and £1.26.9 DERV pre sale

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Everybody who is feeling the pinch at the pump take a look at Venezuela:

Source

Or Cuba $3.03
Puerto Rico $1.74

or how about Nigeria $0.38?

Closer to home it is like this:

one year ago $3.04
one month ago $3.43
one week ago $3.69
Today $3.72

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The last statement is abit frightening.

www.breitbart.com...

MCMINNVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - High gas prices have driven a Warren County farmer and his sons to hitch a tractor rake to a pair of mules to gather hay from their fields. T.R. Raymond bought Dolly and Molly at the Dixon mule sale last year. Son Danny Raymond trained them and also modified the tractor rake so the mules could pull it.
T.R. Raymond says the mules are slower than a petroleum-powered tractor, but there are benefits.

"This fuel's so high, you can't afford it," he said. "We can feed these mules cheaper than we can buy fuel. That's the truth."

And Danny Raymond says he just likes using the mules around the farm.

"We've been using them quite a bit," he said.

Brother Robert Raymond added, "It's the way of the future."

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Brazil, São Paulo

1 gallon(3.79 Liters) / USD
Gasoline 5.14 USD
Diesel 4.68 USD
Alchool (biogas) 2.74 USD

USD 1 = BRL 1.659 (21/may/2008)

new topics

top topics

join