It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Skull on Mars

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
For the ignorant fools who claim there is no harm in "speculating" I direct your attention tto the mere thread title of this very subject. Where's the speculation in that.

If wew were smart enough to speculate, we would not post "Human Skull on Mars" We would post "Rock that resembles a human skull on Mars" But the ignorance of some folks have left that out by stating this such as:

I have just discovered a human skull in spirit rovers panoramic camera image taken on sol 1526

no it is the skull just behind the rock to the bottom right,
......and that is from the few posts from the OP. I'm not bothering to quote ALL the others from folks who are misled or just plain ignorant in what they are assuming or imagining.

And if you think there is "no harm" in entertaining such tripe such as this, your a fool. Plain and simple. Your attempts at justifying this action while going in other threads and whining like a little girl about why the world does not take you, and this subject seriously, are canceling each other out. If you can't understand that, then shut up, sit down and let those of us with common sense run this hobby for a decade...I bet then you would see significant progress in the serious investigation of this matter.

But unfortunately, the very same people that see "skulls" and "mining operations" in planetary photos are the very same people that are the mainstream voice of Ufology. Sad for those of us that have even half a brain.

Again, sorry to be so blunt, but year and years of observation has led me to this conclusion. Anyone who does not agree is ignorant, plain and simple. If you disagree, try doing this for years and get back to me, let me know if my observations are incorrect. You will realize that I cut to the chase rather bluntly, but accurately.

And for those "anonymous" posters, either get an account here or go post on GLP, your ignorant posts here don't mean anything unless you can demonstrate your position through searchable post histories...other than that you may be government stooge, or a complete idiot for all I care. Sign up, or be on many folks ignore lists. There is place for your ignorant nonsense on GLP and other idiot forums. Leave this one alone. Just because the powers that be think we need "anonymous" posts in order to enable the ability to get greater clicks on the site, does not mean that those of us with common sense, reason and logic have to support it (and this comes from both sides of the fence)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Well, you called me out, so here I am, without the anonymous veil over my face. I hope that I can be a useful asset on these discussion boards going forward. I'll save the introduction for a future thread (when I'm not working) .

Anyways, back to the discussion at hand. Ignore the Facts, I respect you as a member of ATS who has been very active over the years. I agree that headlines like "human skull on mars" can be very detrimental to this site, and I completely agree that people need to use some more common sense when it comes to wording these posts. However, I do not think that the UFO field as a whole takes as big of a hit from these posts, since the hoaxers and CGIers have caused much more damage to the field in my mind. I have no problem if our opinions on the matter differ.

I find some speculatory discussions like this interesting, since in the end we are all looking for the truth, and we have to start looking somewhere if we ever want to find it. I am as sick of blurry photographs of "mining operations" as the next guy, but in the off chance that one of these photos turns into the proverbial smoking gun, it is worth the time and efforts of those interested, in my humble opinion.

Anyways, I'm glad to finally be a part of this community after years of reading and I hope that I can contribute in our collective search for the truths hidden beneath the lies.

Boomer

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Boom Slice

I find some speculatory discussions like this interesting, since in the end we are all looking for the truth,.....

Where do you see the speculation in the thread title and most of the op's statements (and those that ignorantly support or give his/her position the benefit of a doubt)???????

Upon clicking on this thread, I am immediately assaulted by folks who are outright saying that it is a skull on Mars, and not that it merely resembles one. By not acknowledging this SIMPLE observation, by proceeding further with the conversation we are doing nothing but encouraging future ignorance. Remember, this website's motto is "deny ignorance" which will need to be changed here very soon to "embrace ignorance" if people do not wake up and realize we are helping to dig a deeper grave for Ufology and this subject in general.

Quick, was that Bart Simpson I just say in my lawn? Maybe we should have a multi page thread to discuss that.....

[edit on 22-5-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
By not acknowledging this SIMPLE observation, by proceeding further with the conversation we are doing nothing but encouraging future ignorance.
But you can proceed with the conversation by presenting your ideas and backing them up by data (if available), in that way you are pointing to other people that you think they are wrong and why you think they are wrong.

Just saying that they are wrong is not "denying ignorance", is maintaining it.

Quick, was that Bart Simpson I just say in my lawn? Maybe we should have a multi page thread to discuss that.....
Why not? You just have to start it on the right forum.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have said before that it looked like there were marks from the rover near the "skull", so I went looking for images from where the rover was on that area.

I think it was on Sol 1422, and judging by this photo the rover was more or less on that place at that time, but I could not find the "skull".

But looking a bit more closely to the photo of the "skull" I think that all the white areas visible on that photo appear on areas where the rover revolved the ground, so the "skull" may be some common rock that was a little scraped by the wheels of the rover, but I have no way of knowing if this is true or not.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Boom Slice

Well done for stepping out of the shadows Boom Slice and welcome to the sunny side of posting.

I wonder if ol' ITF realises he is doing such a bang up job of recruiting, seriously though if you need any help with your posts don't hesitate to U2U me when you have enough points or meanwhile post a question on the Board Business & Questions

Regards

edit sp

[edit on 22-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I am sick to death of the people on this sight smearing anyone with a bit of curiosity on this thread, saying things like the brain is conditioned to see human faces etc, blah blah blah, the brain is also conditioned to tell the difference between a rock and something else. I do apologize for the sugestive title for this thread, I got a bit excited, but have any of you people bashing the ones taking an interest gone to the spirit site downlaoded the image and seen how much that thing, I wont say skull anymore, stands out from all the other rocks in that area. Also this one looks better than the skull rock on Mars that is allready all over the internet. How is any discovery made with these people, if we just turned away and said everything is a rock, I am 42 years old and come from a place where rocks are everwhere, and in 42 years i have never seen a rock that even resembles a face let alone a skull, maybe the part of my brain that see's faces in everything doesnt work, or maybe people can spot things that stand out from the rest.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

You obviously have not even looked at the images I am talking about, I am a regular visitor to sites like Mars Anomolies and I have never seen this image before, like i keep saying it is not the image of the skull like rock that has been around for ages.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
marsrover.jpl.nasa.gov...reply to post by west aussie

For enyone interested go to the link above, look down the list of images for the panoramic camera until you find sol 1526 and download the two images, zoom in on the white object behind the dark rock at the bottom of the image. The first image is the best one but check them both out.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
It's a rock that looks sort of like a skull, until proven otherwise. Got any proof of it not being a rock? Then it's a rock.

hang on a mo, me and westaussie will just nip to mars to confirm this be back in a few days
only joking

[edit on 22-5-2008 by survivor]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Even though this is our current most popular Mars skull,here's what are missing,2 horns from the jaw,so it's a dragon,not humanoid,yet does resemble human form in the skull top.Most will laugh at chin or jaw horns until they become more experienced at seeing the commonest varieties of life on Mars. You don't see as many mammals on Mars,but more snakes,crawlers,reptiles,very large insectoids.
I see other animals near the prima donna skull.
The ones that appear asphantoms are the live ones staring at the rover.The dead ones photo better since they don't move.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by west aussie
reply to post by Kmrcg

I realise the image could be fake, but if that is a spirit photo from Mars there is a very human like skull feature in that image, but thanks for pointing out the obvious instead of joining in and finding out what it is.

and what's supposed i am doing? that was one way.. but the imagine someone else posted (which one i think you meant) deffo looks like a human skull and not a simple rock to me

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
First they claim a face on Mars,then a pyramid,smoke stacks billowing smoke,now a skull?You ever look up in the clouds and see a face?I sure have...Anyone can go to that website look at a few pics and claim something.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kmrcg

After sending the image to the Mars Anomalies web site and recieving a dissapionting reply I urged him to go to the nasa site and take a better look, which he did. I have just recieved another email telling me that he found up to 13 images from that area and he is going to report the skull looking object on Mars Anomalies with the best of the images. So to all the people who took the time to help, thanks very much, and to all the people who just spent there time laughing at the people trying to help.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Now you see, I look at it another way. The way we SHOULD all be looking at it...
If it doesn't look like a rock but looks like something else, then why call it a rock?
If it looks like a rock but looks nothing like anything else, then why isn't it a rock?

Just because we THINK it isn't a skull on an alien surface, why can't it be a skull?
Why does it need to be a ROCK that LOOKS like a skull?

In America, they have a saying that is the foundation of their judicial system.
'Innocent until proven guilty'

I'd like to twist that a little and apply it here if you will...

A skull until proven otherwise.

Yes we can do all these filter jiblys and processing mumblys, but that will NOT give us 100% clarification.
The ONLY way we will ever truely know, is if one of us remembers in the 20 odd years that it takes us to be able to land on Mars for recreational purposes, to go to where this skull is and take a gander.

Until said time, I am more then happy to sit here and look at that with the same eyes I look at E.T's.

Why not?

West Aussie, to you as a fellow ozzy, don't let some of these people dishearten you. It's good to have another eye on the alien surface to find any anomoly.
The way I see it, as a researcher... If that is a skull, then I have other questions.
Why is it there?
Where did it come from?
Is it human?
With these questions, I can theorise and come up with some answers...
Why... - Unknown, so HOW did he get there?
Where... - Unknown, HOW did he get there?
Is it... - Unknown, If it was human, where is its breathing apparatis?
If it didn't need an apparatis, was it human?
If it was human, does that mean the alien atmosphere is indeed breathable?
If it isn't and he died because of that, where is the device that brought him there? Was he dropped off to die? Was he dumped?
If he had a device to get him there, it would have to be near by...
Lets look at the pictures again, lets see if we can find his means of travel.

These are the kinds of things to look at. Instead of just ignoring the facts and labeling it something that warrants no further attention.
You might say it is a waste of time, and how would we know if we didn't take that time to waste?
Is it a waste to uncover the truth? If so, why are we here? What is our purpose? Do we just like to waste time about what ifs?

How can we effectively do our job if we don't look at everything we see from all the angles?
Do we rely on what the government gives us?
I didn't think so... otherwise... why would we be here?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

I look at it this way, the more evidence that is produced the harder it becomes to deny that there might actually be past or present life on Mars. There has been at least two skull looking objects seen on Mars so far, wouldnt it be great if they keep popping up in the rover images, it would be very hard to deny they were skulls if they keep showing up, i mean, one rock that looked like a skull might just be a rock, two rocks that look like a skull, ok, it still could be just rocks, but three or four rocks that look like a skull, what are the chances of them still just being rocks. I personally believe there is allready to much evidence to deny there is life on Mars, in what shape or form that life might be i dont know, one thing i am sure of is that there is at least plant life on Mars, and if there is plant life then who knows what else is there. When you read books like forbided archeology you start to understand that even earths ancient history is still largely unknown, it looks like human history goes back millions of years not thousands like we are taught, so who knows what the history of Mars has been, maybe Mars was inhabited by human like beings, or maybe it still is, they might be our ancient ancestors or a completly different race who knows, the Sumerians wrote about alien beings and the Mars connection, they also wrote about the outer planets, they not only knew they were there but what they looked like, how could they know that thousands of years before they were discovered, there explaination was, they were told by the gods who came to earth from the sky and lived among them.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by west aussie

The presence of object "A", that looks like object "B", does not prove that there really exists any object "B".

Things that look like other things are very common (and Ronaldo is a good example, see this video
), and we do not even have enough information about those Mars' "skulls" to know if they really look like skulls when seen in better conditions.

And what makes you so sure that there are plants on Mars?
(This question may be a little off-topic and the subject for a different thread)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I don't believe anyone should "deny ignorance" especially when it's their own. Face up to ignorance and fear. To understand this is a step closer to controlling them and not allowing to be controlled.

I have spent a lot of time looking at the rocks in images like these and I see nothing plain nor simple about them nor any of the non-rock type information. Of course none of it has much to do with skulls, Martian cities nor Ufology but I would rather inspire someone's interest on this subject versus dismissing it and ridicule them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join