It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Skull on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have just discovered a human skull in spirit rovers panoramic camera image taken on sol 1526, I need someone to get a copy of the picture posted on this site before they remove it, my computer skills are not that good. The skull is smack bang in the centre of the picture at the bottom, it is so clear it is unmistakable. So please can someone get it posted before it is to late.

Thanks West Aussie.
:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
could you link to the site or the picture youre talking about?

was it marsrover.nasa.gov...

its on this site which im not sure if im allowed to link to or not i mean its not mine lol but found it by googling "skull on mars"

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

the second picture has a closeup

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ok. i expected this was the case...

that "skull" in the closeup picture is just a rock. what concerns me is the figure that looks like a dog (head sticking out of the ground facing right) indicated by the black arrow on the right side of the pic.

THAT is what needs investigation. WTF is a dog doing swimming through the ground on mars?!

[edit on 21-5-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Heres the link to sol1526 ala spirit-panoramic type.... i'm not sure if i see a skull yet, still lookin...

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

...can you identify which quadrant its in? (obviously it's most likely not in quad 1
)

[edit on 21-5-2008 by spikedmilk]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Allready posted.

I dont see the skull

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Lunica]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Depend on how you look at it, either a skull of you see the rock covering the front of it up to the bridge of the nose, or if you see the rock as smaller it show one of two flared nostrils and a set of lips. if you see that it is clearly a mumified body.

I like that dog though he has some dogpadle power going there eh?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You can see the 'skull/rock/whatever it is' in close up at the bottom of this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was included in the Compilation on Evidence pertaining to EBEs, and further links are available to information on mysterious skulls in that thread.

I believe there are other ATS threads that discuss this case also. MikeSingh would know for certain which ones...

-WFA

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

did it fast and not too well at that but i just zoomed in on the object that might be the skull? looks like the top of one to me anyways. is that it?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Fibonacci11235]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here, I'll make it easier, this is the image I was referring to:

-WFA

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by west aussie
I have just discovered a human skull in spirit rovers panoramic camera image taken on sol 1526, I need someone to get a copy of the picture posted on this site before they remove it, my computer skills are not that good. The skull is smack bang in the centre of the picture at the bottom, it is so clear it is unmistakable. So please can someone get it posted before it is to late.

Thanks West Aussie.
:

West Aussie, i mean no disrespect. But why could you not do this yourself? This seems to amount to chasing wild geese for the researchers here at ATS.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Perhaps some quick instructions are in order, for those who don't know this.

If a picture hasn't been limited by the website (meaning it's URL is still available) usually it's okay to post it.

It's always a good idea to ask the site's permission first, but NASA images can be used for referencing (they are in the public forum) as long as proper citation is used. The ATS image posting button will cite the URL for you.

To post an image you've found on a website (after making sure it's okay to share at ATS):

1) Right click on the image you wish to post, and click on 'properties'.
You will see an information box pop up. There will be a URL listed. This URL is for the web page where the image is hosted. Copy that URL.

2) Within an ATS reply, click on the button that looks like this:

A window will pop up, asking for the URL. Paste the URL of the image there, and click enter. You will see the ATS Reply automatically formate the picture for you, and add image tags on it's own.

Once you click 'Post Reply', you're image should appear in your post.

For images you are hosting (not from an external site) post that image to Imageshack or to a similar photo sharing site, and use the URL you get for the posted image to re-post it here in the same manner.

I hope this helps.

-WFA

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fibonacci11235

no it is the skull just behind the rock to the bottom right, you can see it in your picture but your looking in the wrong spot.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

That is not it, the one in the sol1526 is so much better.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am sorry to stuff people around but my skills on the computer are very poor and i think this is very important. This is not the skull rock that has been around for ever, this looks more like a skull than a rock, it is very clear.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
No disrespect W.Aussie, but I cant seem to find your 'skull'. When you can, i suggest uploading the pic to your microsoft paint program (at the very least) and just do a quick cut and paste job. Then try imageshack or photobucket - or even ATS has a photo-loading feature available for you (see the memcenter).
After you have it loaded here, the image experts will help you sort out the rest and let you know if you got something or not.
Dont be discouraged if its not - it happens to all of us.

photobucket.com...

www.imageshack.us...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fibonacci11235

Looks like a rock with two holes to me, but no doubt Internos will be able to shed some light on this.

Perhaps its a skull, perhaps its a rock...

Ive always played a mind game with myself when it comes to Martian pictures- I imagine that the image in front of me is a picture of something in a desert on earth for example. That way I can analyse what Im looking at without any bias.

This, as I said, looks like a rock to me

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i agree but with i was just looking for the closest thing to a skull i could find in the picture and thats what i came up with. imo most of these could be explained as shadows on rocks that combined with paradolia. I am open minded though and find it plausible that civilization could have existed on mars, but i don't think that evidence would be that visible.

If we do think of mars as a desert then i would think that sand or the martian equivalent would cover said artifacts. I do hope we find something to that effect but wouldnt finding something that shows advanced civilization be a mixed blessing, showing that life can be extinguished without recourse for salvation.

lol getting offtopic here, i dont see a skull or anything shaped like one in the location you stated. As spikedmilk mentioned open the pic on paint and draw a circle around your skull w. aussie.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by west aussie

dude my eyes see many many faces, heck i even saw what looked like an indian figurine.
maybe if you tell us in witch corner or side it's on we could get a clue as to where it is.

link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

link   
reply to post by west aussie

give some detail on where to look in the image. there are tons of rocks. i have photoshop, as do many posters here. we can trim it and enhance it and all that jazz....but we need to know where to look.

you don't have to be computer savvy (weedwhacker isn't), but throw us a bone so we know where to look for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join