It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Oil's big 'problem'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Big Oil's big 'problem'

articles.moneycentral.msn.com

While many Americans struggle to fill their gas tanks, big U.S. oil companies are making so much money that they literally don't know what to do with it.

Instead of reinvesting more of their newfound wealth to increase supplies or develop emerging technologies that might one day reduce energy costs, they are giving much of the loot to shareholders already enjoying outsized gains.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nothing like adding insult to injury.

To much?

articles.moneycentral.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Why not put the money into reducing the cost of fuel for consumers, a$$holes!
Congress is again today grilling oil exec on why oil is so expensive, and they are doing their best to sound like poor pitiful businessmen who are dependent on market pressures, and they can't help it that they are making such a big profit. Well I have news for them: gas prices could be cut in HALF, and they would still make a profit. So what is the problem, and why are we paying these prices?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah lets give it away rather than use it to help the people we are screwing.

I'm betting this article won't be brought up in those hearings.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I saw a blip on the MSM yesterday comparing gasoline (petrol) prices around the World. Something jumped out at me....in Saudi Arabia it is USD $0.49 per gallon (not sure if they use litres or gallons over there, but all prices were adjusted to represent US Gallons and USD).

Highest was in the Netherlands (if I remember correctly) at USD $8.49/Gallon. Yikes!

WW

top topics

join