It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Meier was right about the peace sign.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Billy Meier is though of, in most UFO circles, to be a hoaxer and his information of no value.

I, myself, am not a huge fan of his either... but he must have done his research. I understand that he and those around him claim that he left school in the 8th grade, and was not very educated. That seems to be the rumor.

I may not agree with everything in his case... such as the infamous "wedding cake" UFO... but his writings, said to be communications from the Pliedians, have some very interesting bits of information in them.

This next bit of info, is relatively easy to extrapolate upon these days, since we have the internet at our fingertips. It took me less than 5 minutes to find good evidence to support this claim:

One thing that has always rang true to me from the beginning of my foray into the esoteric/UFO/alternative research field has been his insistence that what we know as the peace sign is actually inverted, and therefore means the opposite, and that's why it doesn't create the desired effect.

The Peace Symbol

The peace sign is a magic sigil, based off of an old rune, called the life rune:

The Life Rune

The life rune, as you can see, resembles an inverted peace sign, without the circle surrounding it. Compared with archetypes in nature, it can represent a number of things. A tree. A man. A vascular system. The perpetuation of life in general.

You'll notice they make no mention of the name "life rune" in the blurb on the previous page... which seems to me a bit odd, since, in this next link, we see the life rune mentioned, in relation to what is called THE DEATH RUNE (here's the important part!):

The Death Rune

In the so called family system, it means man dies.

So...essentially, what the peace sign really is... is a death rune, enclosed in a circle. Circles, in symbolism, are used to represent wholeness, allness, oneness, etc.

If you were to translate the "peace sign" into a sentence, using the meaning of the death rune and the circle as your lexicon, it would translate quite simply into the phrase "all of man dies". Doesn't sound peaceful to me.

I'm beginning to see the sheer power symbols have over people. Occult practitioners know this all too well... and if you study the occult and it's ties to business and politics, you'll see why these certain entities have gained so much power. It has been scientifically proven that symbols' meanings are automatically recognized by your subconscious mind, and they have a powerful influence on your conscious decisions whether you are aware of it or not. It's an ancient form of subliminal advertisement. What is the reason for the power of symbols? Quite simple. They can convey a whole complex image and/or concept, whereas a written word or even a sentence can only convey incomplete pieces of an image or concept. A symbol can hold within it the contents of a whole book's worth of words.

With that being said, you can see how readily identifiable to the brain the meaning of the life ruin is. It's self explanitory. Even a being from another planet could understand the meaning of the life ruin.

This is why the current peace symbol is so dangerous, because while the conscious mind is only aware of the conscious words and images that we are led to believe is the meaning, the true meaning is being interpreted by our subconscious... and our subconscious is directly connected to the collective unconscious, or the unified field of consciousness... and that field of consciousness responds accordingly, and since it is unified and is the origin of this conscious reality we experience, everything is affected. You can't affect one atom without affecting the rest.

This is ancient mysticism meets cutting edge quantum physics meets occult sigil magic, and we should take it seriously. It has great power.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Billy Meier was a Hoaxer, and is 100% unreliable

just read this:

www.iigwest.com...

thebiggestsecret.online.fr...

www.crystalinks.com...

www.geocities.com...

www.psychicinvestigator.com...

All response are there.

Please stop wast your time behind 100% unreliable people.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by mimmo77]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by mimmo77]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
hi excellent post, i agree.

Male (usually considered to be war like) generally has symbols pointing upward i.e phallic symbols and female symbols pointing downward?.

like the hexagram for instance.
just my 33 pence worth.

Flagged and starred

[edit on 21-5-2008 by survivor]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by survivor]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
See... I bet you barely even read my post.

This is about the information... not the silly pictures Meier/Horne produced.

Some of the information contained within his papers is quite relevant.

Don't shoot the messenger before reading the message, I always say.

Trust me... I've looked into the Billy Meier case... and just because it looks like a hoax superficially, doesn't mean we can't gleam some relevant information from it.

This is only partially about Billy Meier, anyway. This is about what the peace sign really means, and reguardless, just look at the case I present before shouting HOAX, just because I reference Billy Meier.

I think it's definitely interesting that I can find a lot of his writing from the Pliedians relevant, whether they are his own words or whether they are some space being's words... there is a good message contained in his story.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivor
hi excellent post, i agree.

Male (usually considered to be war like) generally has symbols pointing upward i.e phallic symbols and female symbols pointing downward?.

like the hexagram for instance, just a thought.
just my 33 pence worth.

This guy actually took the time to read the post before closing his mind, due to things he has heard from elsewhere.

Please, I urge more people to do the same. I'm not insulting the first responder. I am just pointing out the fact that people don't listen, and they really aughtta start, because we're in some real trouble here on this planet.

Thanks, survivor.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Hi. I'm *Snip* I know nobody believes me so I'm going to pretend to be one of you.

Nice try, dude.

Mod note Please review: Terms and Conditions
2a.) Identity Spoofing: You will not impersonate any person or entity....

[edit on 21/5/2008 by Sauron]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Billy "Hoax" Meier is wrong about the peace sign. The idea that is was perhaps a death rune only came up after it was created back in the 50's as a nuclear protest symbol...

It was designed in 1958 by Gerald Holtom, a professional designer and artist and a graduate of the Royal College of Arts. He showed his preliminary sketches to a small group of people in the Peace News office in North London and to the Direct Action Committee Against Nuclear War, one of several smaller organisations that came together to set up CND. The Direct Action Committee had already planned what was to be the first major anti-nuclear march, from London to Aldermaston, where British nuclear weapons were and still are manufactured. It was on that march, over the 1958 Easter weekend that the symbol first appeared in public.

What does it mean? Gerald Holtom, a conscientious objector who had worked on a farm in Norfolk during the Second World War, explained that the symbol incorporated the semaphore letters N(uclear) and D(isarmament).

From Here

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

yup, its modern..
but the urban legend i heard was that the symbol was the outline of an airplane (B-52 bomber ?)... which would be the last thing one would see
after the nuke the plane dropped vaporized you at the target site.

also, my memory is fuzzy, but didn't the ?1960-62? TV series 'Dobbie Gillis" have an episode where the local Beatnik (Maynard G Krebbs) and the resident girl-flake (Zelda) get involved with a underground poetry/coffee house and there was a peace-symbol placard on the wall?

in any case, a rune may have some similarity but that would have been coincindental at best... as old/ancient runes had no conception of nuclear power or atomic bombs dropped from bombers.

added perspective / or / just another waste of time, eh

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The peace sign can be interpreted as a pyramid with a beam radiating out of the top.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

That's an interesting theory but I'll tell you why it completely breaks down for me. Symbols mean absolutely nothing until the meaning is ascribed to them by the observer. You can call it a "death rune", but if someone who has no idea it's ever been referred to as that views it, it won't have that meaning to him, consciously or otherwise.

Symbols have no power in and of themselves. The only power they have is what you bring to them. So in other words, you've now cursed me by implanting the notion that a peace symbol is an inverted death rune.

Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The link provided by our op had nothing to do with Billy Meier and was right about the death rune. We can say that the Swastika meant nothing other than the meaning ascribed to it. But the reactions one can have after seeing a swastika can result in violence, and directed hatred into action, so therefore, there IS more to it. If everything is energy directed somewhere, than symbols have more power than previously thought.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT51

But if someone was totally unfamiliar with the swastika and what it's stood for in the recent past, they would have no reaction to it at all.

Before the Nazis co opted it, it was a Sanskrit "good luck" symbol. The reason for the visceral reaction is knowing what it has represented.

No, the symbol has no power by itself. You've got to bring that with you.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As yeahright stated, the symbol is just a picture, or item to look at. The real meaning of the symbol is the ideals and beliefs that those who use the symbol subscribe to.

For example, the cross, it means many different things to different people and in different contexts. A symbol has no power over anyone, it's the ideals you encompass that symbol with that mean something.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sensfan and yeahright.

Imagine time not as a linear thing that appears and then disappears. Imagine each moment in time as a cross section of a much more complex thing... and "reality" as our view of one cross section at a time. If you take a symbol, such as the peace symbol, and you see just how proliferated it is throughout our reality, and you looked at the effect that the proliferation of this symbol has had upon the much bigger thing that we're made of, the "symbol with no meaning ascribed to it" has actually created a new "organelle" in this "cell" (Earth and Earth consciousness) that, in this dimension of view, is just a scribble on some paper or a picture on a flag... but viewed from outside this dimension, it has length, height, width, and it is an "object" that is displacing space-time, and that "object" in this higher dimension creates a ripple effect throughout ALL dimensions and universes, which creates a butterfly effect, and when that ripple reaches our dimension of awareness once again (I read somewhere that, in order for a sigil to work, it usually takes 3 time period intervals: days, weeks, months, depending on how complex the sigil's task is), it has created a massive wave of energy that affects EVERYTHING within this dimension.

If you ignore all that, and if you ignore the fact that there is a unifying field of consciousness that permeates everything and remembers everything, and you ignore the fact that our subconscious mind, and therefore our conscious mind, has access to the information stored in this unified field, and you ignore the fact that whether you know it or not, the collective consciousness of space-time itsself is constantly seeping information into your subconscious mind reguardless of whether you want to know it or not, and you ignore the fact that once the very first life rune was intently turned upside down into a death rune, that the information became available to the entire universe through this unified consciousness field....

then yes, it would only be just a symbol to your conscious mind.

You can look at a symbol and have a conscious thought about it, and still your body and your thought pattern thereof, will react completely differently.... because of the subconscious mind and the information it has access to that you as yourself in this conscious world, do not have immediate access to.

This is why the peace movement hasn't worked. It has adopted a symbol that means "all of man dies" as its logo.

He who controls the present... controls the past.

I don't expect most people to understand WHY symbols work the way they do. It's quite different from the normal mode of thinking.

But since we're on the subject of Billy Meier, the heavy information that he knew of about the peace symbol suggests to me that there IS some truth to a very convoluted and tainted story. Michael Horne and that other guy who "represent" Billy seem to be off on their own money-making tangents, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Billy has broken contact with them altogether, and that they in no way represent the true story of Billy Meier anymore. That is my strong suspicion.

My two cents.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
If you ignore all that, >etc<

From my perspective, you're assuming facts not in evidence. Maybe we have a different definition for "fact". And that's cool. I'll readily admit I'm not The Expert and my ignorance is vast and deep.

But we're approaching this from two entirely different directions. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not prepared to accept that which you claim to be fact. Hypothesis, speculation maybe, but not fact. To me.

Press on and I'll continue to lurk. Maybe I'll learn something.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mimmo77

If you wan to stay ignorant of your being...please dont try to take ppl with you on the fall! You CANNOT object NATURE....Therefor His message stands clearer than ALL BULLSHOIT out there! Simply: REALIZE YOURSELF, YOU ARE VIBRANT! nothing more to it....Vibrations=energy=chi=YOU=I AM!

Good luck hunting your-SELF...Try not to have this "GOD" as a lexicon! God is and allways were, AUTHORITY!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Study the Seal Of Solomon, and you will know why.

Symbols from the past are usually based on the structures of life.

For example:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
the life rune.... the tree... the man/woman with his/her arms outstretched... the veins and arteries of a tree... the tributaries of a river.... all create similar patterns, and thus have similar effects on the universe.

If you'd like evidence, there are several ways you can enter hyperspace...

All of them are hidden. Go find them yourself. That's the fun part.

If you feel so inclined, the best way is by learning to meditate.

Be patient, and you'll be surprised where you go sometimes.

Other than that, there ARE other ways... shortcuts...

but you gotta go to another forum for that discussion.

Shortcuts are bad, though. If you aren't firm with resolve, or you a weak of mind, you'll fall into lower realms and really mess your head up...

So just try meditating for the answers. There's no proof here until it's already manifested and gone... and even then, you couldn't see the connection from this vantage point.

top topics

join