It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Operandi. Belittle, Bully, Bury

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost in Los Vegas
I will not allow "thumpers", such as cutbothways to say stupid things. If exposed for their ignorance, then the public will know them for who they are.

Funny, I was under the impression that this was the job of the staff here at ATS. If you haven't already I recommend that you read the Terms and Conditions of Use. That is what we go by here.

Btw, welcome aboard.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost in Los Vegas

Masons distance themselves from the Shriners?? Where the hell do you come up with that? The Shrine exists because the Masons do, as they are chartered by the Masons, and by the way, Shriners are masons too.

Actually, the Shrine is not chartered by the Masons. As you may or may not know, there is currently a movement within the Shrine to separate completely from the Masons, by removing all Masonic prerequisites for Shrine initiation.

Some say it'll never happen, but that's what they said back in 2000 when the Imperial Council voted to remove Scottish and York Rite prerequisites.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost in Los Vegas

Masonic Modus Operandi. Bully.

Did you not take your Masonic oath on the bible?

But the way, once you get your foot out of your
mouth, you may actually be able to contribute
something useful to the thread, but I doubt it.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I agree and disagree.

I agree in the sense that I don't like Cutbothways. Or anyone of his kind, as you can see from my comment to him on page 2.

However, I disagree with you on the Shrine. Every Mason knows I will defend Masonry from Anti'masonic propaganda.. I also defend the Scottish Rite.. however, I do not defend the Shrine in the same way.

In fact, I am one of those oddities that distance themselves from the Shrine that you claimed no one would do..

I have my reasons, nothing worth a conspiracy about.. I just disagree with some things they do/stand for.

The biggest problem I have with the Shrine is that the York Rite and the Scottish Rite both associate themselves with Masonry.. everyone knows the SR and the YR are Masonic, and incorporate Masonic ideas.

The Shrine however does not associate themselves with the Blue Lodge. They are the most public of Masonic oriented bodies and yet they make no reference to Masonry, no notation of the Blue Lodge degrees, even when they are so blatantly open to the public. Many people believe the Shrine is a entity unto it's self with no association to Masonry and that you don't have to be a Mason to be a member.

Know why? They make no reference in public to Masonry.

I can understand that some people are angry about 5% being used by the Shrine, with a operating budget over 400 million dollars, the majority of operations cost do come from the government. That's not a secret.

But as I said, so long as the service is there, I don't care what they are doing.

I think if those funds where directly appropriated to the Grand Lodges and not to the Shrine, a bigger benefit would be seen. But that is just my opinion.

I feel Masons should donate money to operations that directly effect local communities, and benefit the people where their lodges stand, to raise awareness of Masonry. The only reason Masonry remains so unseen by the public, even as our numbers die off, is that no one is pushing an initiative to become more proactive in the community.

But here I digress into another problem.

Simply put, I honestly cannot blame people for seeing corruption in the Shrine because of their budget. Of course, any institution with that much money is going to have problems, I wouldn't personally say they are corrupt like some others would. I think it would be better if they where absorbed into Masonry though, a consolidation of our efforts, resources and man power to directly effect our communities and increase the public awareness of the Lodge.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You are right, I did not know he was deceased, and for that I do apologize, but I do not excuse anyone dead or alive to besmirch Masonry.

Of course you don't. ANYONE, who says ANYTHING against Masonry, is branded a liar, jerk, loser, idiot, thumper and any other name you can form. Even if they are a fellow brother, right?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I find it most interesting that the staff appear to be watching this thread, where cutsbothways admits he is a banned member that created a new name. Then what appears to be the staff comments about how it is their job to enforce the T&C, which clearly state cutsbothways is not allowed to do this.

Do I sense an anti-masonic conspiracy? Maybe the masons are right, after all...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

At least I'm not posting as an Anonymous cowar.. I mean poster.

The moderator and I have already discussed this issue.

I was banned as stompk for telling Intrepid to "go to Hell with the rest of the Masons"

I don't know, but it seems a lot of Masons are very concerned about me getting a second chance, as if none of them have EVER came back under a new name.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Cutbothways,

I'm not a mason, but I've done a bit of research. Freemasonry isn't a secret society, it's a society with secrets....Otherwise, by definition, you'd probably never have heard of them!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutbothways
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

At least I'm not posting as an Anonymous cowar.. I mean poster.

The moderator and I have already discussed this issue.

I was banned as stompk for telling Intrepid to "go to Hell with the rest of the Masons"

I don't know, but it seems a lot of Masons are very concerned about me getting a second chance, as if none of them have EVER came back under a new name.

If there's any concern per se, it's that you've taken that "second chance" and used it to be as disagreeable if not more so than you were under your previous alias. It isn't that Masons and Masonry can't stand contradiction or challenge; it's when unsubstantiated allegations and assertions are presented repeatedly as unblemished fact and a group whose single connection is a fraternity which you have an enmity for based on the actions of one person you assert said fraternity counts among its membership. IF this action did in fact take place and IF that person was in fact a Mason, then that action was in fact the action of one man and not emblematic of Masons and Masonry as a group and an entity. If it were emblematic, then clearly there'd be hundreds, nay thousands of present-day stories sharing a similarity to yours. That there isn't speaks to the nature of your personal run-in with another member of the U.S. forces. Period.

And even though I'm not Catholic, I find it more than a little disturbing that your ire is so easily targeted on people of that faith and it sort of begs the question who you'll choose to hate next. Take any of your countless screeds and for Mason, substitute "Black" or "Jew" or "Indian" or some other group and see whether your posts sounds so balanced.

I'm sorry for your rage and your hate; it's a life-shortening trait that does neither yourself nor anyone around you any good. I don't expect you'll actually pay the least little bit of heed to my suggestion but I feel myself honour-bound to suggest it nonetheless in the hope that you'll someday discover that the religion you profess to follow, Christianity, real Christ-driven Christianity is about love, not hate.

In my Lodge, I have the pleasure of sitting in peace with Catholics, Jews, Sikh and other Protestants, all working together in harmony for the betterment of mankind in general and our community in particular. My faith is sound enough that I don't feel threatened by the presence of others who believe differently. We individually and as a Lodge work toward those central tenets of improving one's self and one's faith that are central to all the world's major religions.

Peace on Earth. This is a bad thing?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Alright, lets test out this anti-masonic conspiracy theory. I don't know of any other masons who came back under a new name, but I'll be the first. This is LightinDarkness everyone - I was banned some time ago for calling fred thompson a liar and apparently also due to the style/tone of my writing.

I apologize for my actions I'll make the promise right here not to call anyone else a liar and to make sure that my tone is gentle.

Now, given all the above, lets see how quick this mason gets banned. If there is an anti-mason conspiracy, most people won't even see this post and I'll be banned before I can check up on this in a few hours. Note that I would then be being treated completely different from stompk, even though I just apologized for my actions and promised not to do them. We're both in violation of the T&C - but the question is - will the staff choose to enforce that T&C on the mason or non-mason in the exact same circumstances? My guess is they'll continue to let stompk get away with his blatant violations and the banhammer will slap me quicker than you can say "slander." That or I'll be post banned so that the forum members believe nothing happened to me since it wouldn't say "banned" under my name.

And in case anyone is wondering...it was a forum member who referred me to this thread who knows about my circumstances, and it wasn't even a mason forum member!

EDIT: I now see that stompk has been banned. Excellent, the T&C are being enforced. Now the question changes - will the mason be given a "second chance" - or be banned immediately? Again my guess is no, I'll be post banned and then site banned, but we'll see how fair the T&C is being applied and whether or not the mason gets the same "second chance" as the anti-mason.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Whatever your personal feelings, you and I are Brothers and we both took the same obligations -- part of that was *not* to do, either to his face or behind his back, what you are doing with regard to my lost friend and Brother.

If you have no respect for the man, that's fine; have some respect for the obligation and the bond and please discontinue your disparaging comments about OUR lost BROTHER.

Shriner or not, you're a Master Mason FIRST and you are obligated as I am. Stop.

[edit on 5/22/08 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

When I turned around, he stabbed me, twice. Once in the gut, once in the neck. Then ran off laughing.

God saved my butt that day, by bringing a couple of quick thinking shipmates to my rescue. I lost six pints of blood, but maintained consciousness until they put me under.

Later, in the military court (they caught the guy, since everyone knew who he was), it came out that they were members of a gang of thugs called

"FREEMASONS"

I laughed as they hauled his butt to Ft Leavenworth military prison. It wouldn't surprise me if the guy is in spec ops now.

They went from calling me Stomp, to Slice, for a while.
Two other members were kicked out of the Navy.

Later, when I was training for EOD, in a live fire training exercise, a guy "accidently" shot me in the back. Luckily, he didn't do any real damage.

At that time, I chose to end my Navy career with an honorable discharge.

I would suggest, although I have no proof, that the guy was a Freemason.

They have known I am the Parakletos all along because of my bloodline, and have made other attempts on my life. They got my father in 1982 through sudden cancer (yes, cancer is a manmade disease, which can be induced)
[edit on 22-5-2008 by cutbothways]

So Freemasons stabbed you, shot you, and gave your father cancer because they knew that you were the Parakletos?

In another thread, you have implied that being the Parakletos means that you are a 2000 year old messenger from God who was prophesied in the Bible.

Dude, despite what you might think, I am not your enemy. I am just a normal guy who wishes you the best of luck in getting the help that you need.

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help (as a human being, not a Freemason), please do let me know via U2U. I mean that in all seriousness.

I won't be arguing with you any more on this forum.

Take care, bro.

Ben.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm interested in this "Parakletos" business. Can anyone tell me what it means or why he would've been stabbed over it? What is the relation of it to Freemasonry? Where is it referenced in the bible?

I did a Google search but didn't come up with much. Sounds very interesting though!

Cutbothways, I'm sorry to hear that happened! That's terrible!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join