It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrol prices where you are

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
there are 3.8 litres to a u.s. gallon & 4.55 litres to an imperial gallon

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Does anyone know what are the oil reserves of the planet and for how long they are going to keep?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
$3.89 per gallon here tonight in Northwest Georgia, I will bet that in the morning it will be around $3.93.

For those of you posting from outside the US, what are some of your common prices for a loaf of bread, eggs, milk, ect.?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
3.99 in north western West Virginia last I was in town. Our little gas station here has been selling it for 4.11 for weeks, price gouging, gotta love it!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

And again I say to you - you have posted no clear evidence that the rise in oil prices is a direct result of Bush or the Bush administration. All you have to go by is your hate for this administration fueling your anger for high gas prices.

Post proof, reputable proof, to back up your claims or else your just another hatemongering loudmouth.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Look on the bright side - everyone's been saying for years that we need to ween ourselves off our dependence on foreign oil. Maybe this is how it can be done, finally. Right now, it's in the interests of auto manufacturers to sell cars and they aren't going to do that by continuing to crank out large SUVs and Trucks. Heck, even cars that get 30 MPG will soon become 'unacceptable' to drivers because it will still cost an arm and a leg to fill them up with gas. The only real solutions are alternative energy sources like electric hybrids and hydrogen fuel cells, possibly even solar (if they can get the energy conversion efficiency to be a lot higher than it is now).

[edit on 23-5-2008 by sos37]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I like the base thread, but how's about we expand it:

Post your local gas rate, your wheels, and your commute to work. That way we can get a good idea how much this really hurts/affects you. I'll go first:

It's $3.99 everywhere here in west-central Ohio (Dayton area)
I drive a 1.8L Toyota Corolla. I love this car!
I drive both ways each day to work at my local Not The Smallest Retailer In The World, about 5 miles each way, across town.

So the gas prices affect me, but are not eating me alive as with some others who have long commmutes.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

hate-mongering loudmouth? nice. your hypocrisy precedes you.

As with half the discussions posted on this site, I have no smoking gun. There's no document that acknowledges funding for a coup in Venezuela. Nothing to confirm that OPEC should have had enough sense to foresee a bustling Asian Market or a turn in currency investment. No diary entry that says "I started a war so that I could get paid millions of dollars from the corporations that are profiting off of it."

... no, there's no solid proof there. I'm just using a little common sense and some deductive reasoning to gather a conclusion. If you start putting two and two together, you start to get the whole story.

Certainly you can reference many documents that link corporations with Bush and/or Cheney and see how these corporations profited from the wars in the Middle East. But, if you're looking for a press release reference that states, "I started wars for profiteering" - you're not going to find it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here in South Carolina, USA, we're at USD 3.70 per gallon. Almost $1/liter
But the average redneck drives enough to spend around 12% of his income on gasoline.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here in Lithuania:

petrol - 1.8 USD per litre
diesel - 1.95 USD per litre

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hi all,

Here in the south of the UK, we pay £1.30 per litre, which works out at approximately $9.50 US for 1 US gallon. And over 60% of the price is tax.

Hope that goes to show that everyone is getting screwed on petrol prices, some more than others.

Regards

Djaybeetoo

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think this sums it all up!

[edit on 23-5-2008 by gauncents]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Regular unleaded today was $4.15 a gallon, and that's at the station where it's been the cheapest in the area the past few weeks. (North Bay area, CA)

Last week when I filled up, it was $3.85.

My car ('66 Ford Fairlane) has been sidelined for a while with maintenance issues, so I've been driving my moms Honda in the mean time. I really miss driving my own car and really want to get it on the road again, but with the way gas prices have been going, I can't find the money to do it.

Also, the cost of Diesel is nothing more than pure sickening right now. I'm not sure exactly how much it is at the moment, (I only use it at work, so I don't pay for that, but I know it's more than premium unleaded right now.) I have no idea how the independant truckers out there can keep themselves in business with that kind of rising cost of operation. They really are what keeps things moving. (Literally!)

That's a life I would love to have for myself. Buy myself a truck, and get out there and see the country. I'm a single, able bodied person with the desire to do it, but with the type of environment that's out there right now, there's not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

I guess the american dream has changed from becoming whatever you want to be, to whatever pays enough to keep living.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sodom

98 octane? lucky! the best we can get here in the states is 93 octane

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Only up to 93 octane? That is probably why your petrol is so cheap. I run 98 in my 50cc scooter.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhamBamTYM

It's $3.99 everywhere here in west-central Ohio (Dayton area)

Unleaded is sitting around $1.50 AUD (around a $1.45 US) A liter.

I drive a 1.8L Toyota Corolla. I love this car!

TGB 101S 50cc Scooter.

I drive both ways each day to work at my local Not The Smallest Retailer In The World, about 5 miles each way, across town.

I live about 25k's from work (15.53 miles) from work and do a round trip.

My wife rides her 50cc to work most days also, she is around 10k's (6.2 miles) from work. We have a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer with a 2.4L engine and that costs around $60 AUD ($55 US) to fill and that was killing us. We would need to fill it every couple of days.

So the gas prices affect me, but are not eating me alive as with some others who have long commmutes.

That is why we bought scooters. I pay around $15 AUD ($14 US) a week and my wife pays around $7 a week ($6.80 US).

I am starting to see Perth turn into Italy with the amount of scooters and bikes on the road now.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In Tampa,Fl I paid $3.71 per gallon at Hess but I saw an independent selling it for $3.99 per gallon. That means I paid about $0.81 per liter.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
AUD 1.60 now... shocking

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I live in Saudi Arabia and I fill up my fuel tank of Lumina (65 liters) in 30 Saudi Riyals which is equivalent to 8 US Dollars, where 1 Saudi riyals is equivalent to 3.75 US Dollars.
Cheap isn't it? ;-)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yeah you guys are gonna hate me as well.

I live in Doha, Qatar
Drive a Dodge Charger and guzzle the petrol down at the oooo sooo cheap rate of QR 0.70 a litre in other words i pay 20 cents a litre which is surprisingly expensive for over here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join