It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange build up of flesh in Church? (Pic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This picture was taken by my mother when she was about 13-14. She went to the church in about 1980 (Yes, i'm young) and took a picture of the crucifix. She did not see anything on the altar of whats in the picture. This church is known for strange apparitions and miracles happening. I just thought I could share this with everyone.

img518.imageshack.us...

It looks like flesh or somekind of leg.
Note that when I was shown this as a child, it was considerably smaller and has well...grown in the picture.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Which part of the picture am I supposed to be looking at?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
what am i looking for here? the little phallic object towards the bottom middle of the picture? Looks kinda like a thumb?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by QuetzalcoatlAlien

Hey there 'QA'

Let me say first-up that I am in no way any kind of image expert but I'll tell you what I see in the picture.

Firstly I'm assuming the reason you posted the pic is down to the little phallic thing that the previous poster mentioned ?

On it's own this could of course be anything but it does seem to have a certain luminosity about it. What gives it more potential to be something supernatural IMO, is the fact that there's a huge orb hovering over the alter (below the crucifix). Although that still might be a result of dust in the air/on the lens etc.

Secondly, and this is what interests me ... if you look to the extreme left of the picture there appears to be the head and left shoulder of a little girl leaning over the alter ... again that could just be me but it would be interesting to hear if this has been noticed previously by you or your mother.

Thanks for posting. Woody

[edit on 21-5-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Well it surely was not a thumb haha. Also that weird thing by the crucifix grows in size.

I never noticed it until now. Pretty good observation, i'll show it to my mom. Oh and that orb, if you look closely you can see a head in it. Thats what scares me about it

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hey 'QA'
A lot of the larger orbs seem to have faces in them ... but if you think about it and they are actually manifestations of spirit that would make sense. Don't be scared by it ... if it was anything bad it wouldn't choose to hang around in a church ... and particularly that close to the alter.

Look forward to hearing what your mom has to say. It's a great pic by the way.

Woody

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

The girl kneeling down, she was pretty amazed by but it to us it looks like a head staring back at us. There was no one around the crucifix at all at the time when she took the picture. Something I also noticed was at the far right of the picture there is a very bright light with what looks like a veil below it. Notice it?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That pic is old and damaged. It has cracks and stains on it.
Nothing "paranormal' as all.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Oh skeptics, they make this site go round. I'm pretty sure my mom used it to hold her coffee on, right?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Dude, I can't find anything. If it's a hoax then I'm disapointed -_-

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure why I bother looking at any thread having to do with religion. Just another waste of my time here; especially when people post something with absolutely no explanation or guidance as to what we are to be looking for or at

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

I think the whole point is to view and debate. The poster can't explain the image and is here for the answer.

The only possible thing I can come up with is a used candle.. it doesn't look like a body part to me. How sure are you that it grew in the picture?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am not trying to be funny or dirty-minded, but I see a penis. I don't know if that is an allowed word here. It's a tecnical term right? I see a male private part. It's right there in front. I dont see anything else that is out of place.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
I am not trying to be funny or dirty-minded, but I see a penis. I don't know if that is an allowed word here. It's a tecnical term right? I see a male private part. It's right there in front. I dont see anything else that is out of place.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't wanna say it, but thank you for saying it for me. Hit the nail right on the head.

EDIT And I'm really really not trying to be funny either but that's really what it looks like if you look close.

[edit on 5/22/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hi again 'QA',

I see what you mean about the brightness on the righthand side of the pic, but I think that's most likely to be light coming in from a window (out of shot).

And yes, I have to say that the 'thing' in front of the alter definately does look like a penis.
... there I said it too.

But for me the most interesting part of the pic is definately what looks like a little girl on the left (just above where the picture folds at the corner).

Finally to the 'naysayers'

#1 What does the age / condition of the photograph have to do with anything ? You can clearly see what the OP is referring to, whether you believe it may be paranormal or not is entirely down to perception of the viewer (eg; the little girl that I see may be no more than a shadow or fault in the developing process - or maybe it is the ghost of a young girl). ... so it's a mute point don't you think ?

'Don't know why I bother looking at these threads

Me neither ... or why you felt it necessary to waste a post making an irrelevant comment (nobody forced you to look at the pic ... did they ?

What I'm saying here is that if you find such threads so offensive to your intelligence yet still feel compelled to take a peek anyway ... there is still no need to be rude or abrupt when replying ... manners cost nothing even in the virtual world.

Play nice, you might like it. Woody

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hey QA, will you indicate which areas your wondering about? I just wanna see where your questions are directed toward. That'll give more precise answers I feel, the "thumb" (which not to be...weird or anything) looks nothing like a thumb but more like a...male characteristic. Or is it the orb we're to be looking at to the right about half an inch from the crucifix on the wall?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Hi. Your Mom didn't see the artefact on the altar when the picture was taken, and the artefact has grown in the intervening years.

It's some form of physical corruption of the film the photo is printed on. Possibly something fungal like a very slow-growing mould, or literally the chemicals in the film or its layers breaking up.

Nothing supernatural, I'm afraid!

new topics

top topics

join