It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's largest oil reserves in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Tue, 20 May 2008 06:44:48

Iraq has officially increased the size of its oil reserves and they could exceed Saudi Arabia's to become the largest in the world.

The Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister told The Times that new exploration showed that his country has the world's largest proven oil reserves, with as much as 350 billion barrels.

The figure is triple the country's present proven reserves and exceeds that of Saudi Arabia's estimated 264 billion barrels of oil.

Barham Salih said that the new estimate had been based on recent geological surveys and seismic data compiled by “reputable, international oil companies...This is a serious figure from credible sources.”

MGH/DT

www.presstv.ir...§ionid=351020201

Well,

Seems to me that the War on Terror that was mistakenly pushed on Iraq has just allowed the US to now seize the largest OIL FIELD on the planet.

Isnt that considered motive?

After all that has happened, this just justifies the means.

The United States can launch a cruise missile and hit a target within a few metre's, they have majority of Iraq under Spy sattelite coverage and I would be willing to bet, that they knew the REAL potential of Iraq's oil fields a long time before they invaded.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Regardless... I say we take it now! Just paid $3.92/gallon. Now that is criminal.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Oil reserves aren't worth the paper their written on. Reserve figures in the middle east have been exagerated since the 80's.

The world’s proved reserves have been have been falsely puffed up by the inclusion of 300 billion barrels of speculative resources, according to the former head of exploration and production at Saudi Aramco, and this explains the industry’s inability to raise output despite soaring prices.

Oil reserves over-inflated

new topics

join