It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in this crazy world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Been really busy at work, barely enough time to breathe much less keepp up on news, so i jump on drudge report and what do I see in the headlines

Google wants your medical records
Iran spurs nuclear arms race between 13 mideast nations

Uk wants a database of all cell phone calls and emails

Overweight boys being given boob jobs

AOL executives fined and sued by the SEC for falsely reporting numbers

UK women the right to have babies without fathers

Bush plans Iran attacke before end of term

Oil futures $130 a gallon

God lacks gender in new prayer book

Then I see in a newspaper stand a US News article, American debt incorrect its acutally 57 trillion or something like that, equivilent to $500,000 for every american citizen.

What is going on in this crazy world? This used to be stuff you would expect to see in a tabloid, but now it's main stream news. I don't know about you but I am just disgusted by this stuff. The world is going to blow a major fuse if this isn't gotten under control.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm curios to know about the overweight boys thing. Please do explain!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Boys get boob Jobs

Overweight teens basically getting Breast Reductions.

Kinda funny

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
How about sticking them on a tread mill and take away their ice cream and doritos. Have them hike the appalacian trial. One thing you never see is a fat hiker.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That and a couple months of weights, Muay Thai, and jogging. They'll have man boobs of steel, rather then man boobs of McDonalds.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is what's happening:
More Americans Fear Losing ... Thread

This downward spiral (trend, outlook, whatever) that most of the world seems to be on right now stems from Fear. American politicians and their corporate media are actively encouraging their populace to be afraid of bogeymen; be it terrorists, debt, social acceptability, health, and so on. And as we (the rest of the world) look at what's going on in America, we get to thinking "Hey, being crazy and scared is quite acceptable and IN these days! After all, that's what Americans are doing.".

To grasp this phenomenon we should understand the fact that most of the world's economies and democracies look to America for guidance as well as to set the example to be followed by their own nations. And as such, we emulate what we percieve to be American values and ways of doing things.

I won't claim to have the answer to the question posted in the OP, but I'm willing to exchange insights and opinions with my fellow ATS members. Who knows, we might come up with something together. Right?

[edit on 5.21.08 by toreishi]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thats right,

It is very apparant that those in charge are really fraking things up. Our situation in America is tumbling out of control. I can not believe that we as a free people have allowed ourselves to be put in this position. It's our country, we need to change it. It's certtainly not our job to control the world or police it's resources. We need to take care of ourselves and then let the world follow in our rebirth.

new topics

top topics

join