It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil climbing to $15 a gallon, followed by rationing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Here in Vancouver, BC, Canada which is only a 100 miles North
of Seattle, Washington, we' re paying the equivalent of $5.20 a gallon
for gas and have been doing so for some time, so to me it's a JOKE that
you all is complaining about $3.78 a gallon...this summer here in
Vancouver, gas is expected to go to $1.60 a litre or over $6.00
a gallon...My relatives in germany are ALREADY paying almost
$10.00 a gallon...so you Amercians have it GOOD when it comes
to gas prices, so stop complaining that you're paying ONLY $3.78
because many places are paying a hell of a lot more than that.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The one good thing about this whole situation - people are actually starting to CARE finally. I guess if it hits your wallet hard enough...

Still though, I don't think most people CARE enough, other than simple complaints. Let the price go even higher...and they'll be forced into action. I want to see what happens when oil hits $200. I want to see what starts to happen - and it may be quite frightening. For now, most people are still content with whining about it - and still go about their lives without a care.

The action level of Americans is directly proportional to the price of oil. They've been so wrapped up in movies, entertainment, and the stupidity of celebrities to see this coming. Let the price go higher...and maybe they'll understand.

The driving standard in Europe is NOT the same as the American standard. What's hurting here is that most of these people are suburban Americans, who commute at least 20 minutes or more each day to work. In some cases, these people commute an hour or more!

They want us to think this oil thing is natural, when it isn't. I think it's a smear campaign to cover over the fact that the financial elite are orchestrating this.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm kicking this thread up as a barrel of oil has jumped $11 to 139.01 today. That means gas at 5 to 6 bucks, at least, (assuming it doesn't get much higher) with in a few weeks.

Last August I read ON ATS that oil was going to $150 by this summer. Today an analyst said $150 by July 4TH.

Airline fares have tipled. We are getting to be locked in place. It is un-effing-believable how this has played out exactly as predicted. NO one will ever convince me that it is not scripted and contrived.

Bush better pull his head out of his a$$. I don't care how you define it in economics class - this is a recession, and maybe worse later on.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Isn't it crazy how all these so-called "conspiracy theories" and "alternative news" that were so "out there" and seemed so impossible are actually coming true and happening. I wouldn't be surprised if Planet X suddenly showed up in skies tomorrow

This is so scary, you know everytime logic tells you okay it can't get that bad, we're one step to it actually being that bad and the worse part is how complacent we all are about it. I asked a few friends about what they would do if oil is over $10 a gallon and you know what they all did... they shrugged.. and two minutes later... it was back to living right now. People are fearful of the future and don't even want to look ahead, so it's inevitable that it will just sneak up on them.

scary times indeed.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
World watcher...

You're exactly right...we are still too much in our comfort zones to really do anything about all this. Maybe we do need a collective short sharp shock, just for a very brief time, to illustrate what we would do if the situation became permanent...tough love, but maybe it's needed.

And fuel here has hit £1.42 *A LITRE* for diesel, which a lot of cars run on over here...I think that works out at just over $11 a gallon....and apparently Scotland has more oil off it's shores than Kuwait. Something aint right.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
two counterpoints to the OP, & the claim of $15. USD gas

article: Perhas 60% of todays oil price is pure speculation
www.globalresearch.ca...

includes the statements that several major investment banks
and hedge funds... along with 4 major multi-national oil corps. are the driving forces for the speculative oil price bubble now in play

the article is also in your "DIGG" resource, since the article isn't appearing on the hotlink

article: @ theinternationalforecaster.com...
click the current topic: marxism and corporate fascism

midway in the 1 page document one will find thoughts about the Bakkan oil fields up in Montana. this undeveloped reserve has an estimated 40 Billion barrels of crude...
enough to eliminate All foreign imports for the next decade at the current rate of consumption...

i noted a few days ago in another thread reply that one of Obama's acts if elected will be instituting rationing --- that could include gas, food, electricity/energy
and many things we take for granted in our supposedly market driven economy.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Please visit: www.toxicprices.com...

There is indeed a plan to announce that Saudi Arabia, plus others near by, are about to run out of oil.

Could come at any moment, but most likely before the Fall Elections.

Kenneth Lowndes

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join