It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlook help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yeah, so here's the problem. I'm running a server on a Naval ship, and right now we're having problems with emails being sent out and the body showing up blank on the recieving end. I've tried google and that came up with no answers that helped...wondering if anyone knew anything worth trying.

Forgot to mention we're using Outlook 2003.

[edit on 08520 by Echo3Foxtrot]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Do the emails show subjects and headers? Are they using Outlook 2003 at the receiving end? Do you receive blank or only blank on the ones you send? What's your virus protection?

The first thing I'd wonder about is if the virus protection app at the receiving end is scanning and wiping the incoming mail, for some reason.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Subject and headers appear just fine. Outlook 03 is Marine Corps standard. I don't, but those that we send out to are. I've looked into virus protection and thought it possible. I've also look into making sure everyone was not using cached as well as making sure all services were active.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
We had a few font issues when we installed 2003.
On Some machines body text was invisible until we changed the font.
You might try changing the font for body text.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Also check and make sure the font isn't the same color as the background, I've been there and done that.

I'm sure thats not your problem but I figured I'd throw it out there.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I remember something about a font issue with Outlook 2003 as well. Other than changing the font an making sure everything's updated with the available Service Pack patches, I don't know. I did a little searching last night and saw something somewhere that said, it's an unfixable glitch. Which makes me feel all warm and stuff. How true that is, I have no idea.

Back to carrier pigeon I guess.

[Edit to add]

I think this is what we're talking about [link below], one guy says No Fix, one guy says it's something to do with "Book Antiquia" font tag. So there you go. Good luck!
www.techspot.com...

[edit on 5/21/2008 by yeahright]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
OK, a few things to look out for in outlook 2003.

Is this happening on your end as well? Are you using exchange or another mail server app.

Is this happening with every email being sent?

If your users are using a mobile smart-phone such as a blackberry, will the message content appear on the blackberry?

Is this happening to users on the same domain? Server?
by that I mean if you send an email from:
[email protected]
to:
[email protected]

will Rasobasi420 not see the message content, or does it only happen while sending from [email protected] to [email protected]?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Exchange server is what we're using and that's also what the NMCI servers back in the rear are as well.

Not every email comes up blank, it's like a "now and then" type problem, but frequent.

I could try sending one to my COs blackberry, see if it will show up.

It's [email protected] to [email protected] AND @yahoo.com. Which is weird because I thought it was on the other end...but the emails show up blank on the other ship we're sending to as well. When we send internally, there are no problems. It's only outbound mail that does it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Tricky thing here, since it's an intermittent thing, you might not want your CO flooded with emails to see if one or two have an issue.

Do you happen to have access to spare blackberries and accounts with which to test? Also, you may get the same testing results if you access through OWA (Outlook Web Access). You can even go through and check historically the messages you know to have a problem.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Tricky thing here, since it's an intermittent thing, you might not want your CO flooded with emails to see if one or two have an issue.

Do you happen to have access to spare blackberries and accounts with which to test? Also, you may get the same testing results if you access through OWA (Outlook Web Access). You can even go through and check historically the messages you know to have a problem.

True, but my CO is having the problems as well. Every Marine on ship is having the problem. No spare blackberries, so it kind of is out of the question then, I guess. We have access to OWA and the emails will show up, which really has me thinking about what it could be.

top topics

join