It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S currency illegal?

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Tonights NBC Nightly News reports the U.S. dollar is illegal. Apparently theres no way to tell the denomination based on size or touch. The blind can't be used as a scapegoat here. In my opinion, the blind are absolutely amazing people and knowing the denomination of a paticular bill is trivial in their daily lives. No the motives here have to be the introduction of the Amero. The U.S and the Canadian dollar are darn close $1.00 us/.991 ca. A one to one exchange is no problem. How the conversion will work with Mexico at 10 MX pesos to the dollar is beyond me. Would they be so bold as to give Mexicans a 1/1 ratio of exchange to bolster our housing crisis? Or will we have a new level of poverty on our hands? Will we witness the removal of both borders north and south and the creation of a New Super Power?

The Undertaker

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Actually, the Dollar has been illegal ever since it became fiat currency. Specifically, when it was no longer redeemable for precious metal, as outlined in the Constitution.

Here's a quote from a thread I started when I first started to learn about this.

Article One Section 10 of the US Constitution declares it forbidden to "coin money, emit billes of credit, make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts."

1982 ruling by Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals states that Federal Reserve Banks are "independent, privately owned and locally controlled corporations."

The first notes issued by the Fed in 1914 stated, "This Note is Redeemable in Gold on Demand." In 1950 the text was revised to "This Note is Redeemable in Lawful Money." It was still legal though, because only silver and gold were "lawful money" under the Constitution.

JFK bypasses the Fed and issued "United States Notes" (sometimes referred to as silver certificates) with his Executive Order of 4 june 1963.
They were to be issued in denominations of 2, 5, 10, and 20 dollar denominations. After his assasination, the 10's and 20's were canceled with the 2's and 5's destroyed on the recall ordered by President Johnson.

Also after the assasination, the Fed once again changed the text on its notes. They read, "This Note is Legal Tender for all Debts, Public and Private." However, all notes issued since 1964 are no longer redeemable for gold, silver or lawful money. They are illegal under the Constitution.

CITED THREAD

Here's another thread that may be of interest...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Actually I've read many of your posts, and I understand for the most part the gold standard and the very basics of our financial system. As we all know MSM doesn't cover many subjects that intrigue all of us here. For NBC to plant this little reality check for everone else out there that doesn't know the first thing about the illegality of our dollar is worrysome. What is your opinion on how the conversion ratios will pan out if the Amero is introduced?

UT

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Do you have a link to this piece? I am surprised and even concerned that the MSM would be talking like this.

What is your opinion on how the conversion ratios will pan out if the Amero is introduced?

Actually, I was unaware that US and Canadian has come so close now. Of course, the real question is how Mexico fits into the puzzle. I'm betting it has something to do with the massive amounts of oil they have. Mexico is not at all the poor country most people imagine it is. The people are very poor, but not the country. The oilmasters down there actually have their own standing armies. If the Mexican people decided to rise up and take their share of their own national resources, they could just stay at home and not be the new slave class to America.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wrong network, CBS ran the article last night. Here's the link:

www.cbsnews.com...

Sorry about that, I too spent this morning looking all over NBC for this.

The Undertaker

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

And yet I'll bet it doesn't stop you from being an accomplice, does it?

Do you have any idea how much LESS money you would have if we were stuck to precious metals? It's a favorite standby of all those people who think they have it made. There's just not enough gold and silver around to support America's economy, let alone a larger international community.

I'd honestly rather trade my labor for paper notes than a few grains of gold dust. If nothing else I can make clothing out of the paper.

top topics

join