It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulls win NBA Draft lotto... 1.7% chance...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here... Crazy...

They were suposed to pick 9th... now they get the 1st pick, and a chance to take either one of two super-talents in Rose and Beasly... they would have had to go with someone like Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love at 9, and now they have a chance to take one of these two... good for them...

But was it rigged... did the NBA want to have one of its Global teams, get a new Star???

Good day for the people in Chicago...

Also, Seatle got bounced from the #2 spot, to #4, which will hurt... the prospects of either rose or Beasly with Durrant for the next 15 years is not fair...

Any Chicago fans... this is your best news since... well... a long time...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
In any billion dollar industry there is going to be paranoia that the powers that be are manipulating the situation in order to keep said industry alive and growing. That said, I completely believe the draft to be hoax, although I would never claim to know specifics. The draft seems an obvious way to artificially manipulate results that are better left to the forces of randomness.

As far as concrete examples I've heard theories about the basketball gods giving the first pick to the Knicks in the mid-80s so they could pick up Ewing. Also there was some shady business with the Cleveland Cavaliers getting the pick for Brad Daughtery back in the day. Possibly leaving things up to the forces of complete randomness would make everything ultimately of higher quality, but obviously I've never been in the position of maintaining such a large business. Maybe intervention has been good for the league as a whole, I know despite my distrust of the powers that be, I still get a large amount of satisfaction by watching grown men put a ball through a metal cylinder. Women not so much though (joke).

join