It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look around you. It’s happening!! (Beginning of UFO disclosure is now!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There’s no chance that an alien civilisation happen to evolve at near enough the same time as us (within a 100,000 year or so) and are close enough to get here, sure there’s life out there but I believe the time difference would be way off, we’re probably gonna be using radio signals for the next 100 years then move off, it would be similar for any other intelligent race, the communications being scanned for would be in 3 hundred years or so stints and the civilisation would probably wipe itself out after 100,000 to 1 million years anywho, if we never had the extinction of half the worlds species 65 million years ago (or whatever it was) we may have had a technological race some 40 million years ago, so it shows what time differences we are dealing with when we look at the evolution of other civilisations.

Aliens yes, more government tests being covered up yes, visitations no… IMHO

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

It's very true, stimulating, and frightening to think that alien intelligence very well could be alien... though I doubt it would be drastically different if they advance themselves as biological Earth-life does (reproduction sexually or otherwise and individual survival). Nevertheless a point that many should consider. Also, what is logical to man may not be logical to aliens.

Anyway, my point was that if they were biological, they wouldn't know we existed until a while passes. Even if (this is my most liberal guess) they set up waypoints around the whole galaxy every couple of hundred stars, and they used quantum entanglement to communicate (instantaneous), and they had faster-than-light travel, it would take a few hundred years for them to learn of us via radio waves.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
We are still alone in this universe cause they is no concrete proof that life exist out there.We can debate this all we want.

god i just love d**b poeple...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I wonder If the powers that be are simply pissing out information that people ALREADY know in an effort to say: 'We are on top of this, We are just beginning to see these things. Don't worry.' What a pile of crock. Does anyone here REALLY take any credence in these people in power?

I mean people who think its okay to believe in certain things when other people who are higher-up say its okay to believe in that when millions are just really saying 'oh, finally you decide to tell us?'

For example: the Catholic church and their assertion that its 'okay' to believe in aliens? Where did that come from?

Seems to be a statement that Catholics will jump off buildings when the Catholic church tells them to.

Is this true?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

You forgot to include the outside chance that 100s of years could mean instantaneous contact...within 100s of years. That could be 200 years, 300 years...it could mean 15 minutes from now.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a message...

www.geocities.com...

i wish for them to help us

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I really wish that they would show up right now so that the people in this world would crap in their pants. Then, and maybe then, the wars would stop here on this planet and all the religions would become one.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
While I do believe we're not the only ones in this universe, I also think that all this UFO attention could be 1 of 2 things.

1. Slowly conditioning like you've all been discussing.

2. Or it could be just the latest thing that is selling. Because we all know that there is some money to be made here. Broadcast companies, newspapers, all corporations that tie in with the above mentioned are about making money. Plain and simple. If you've all noticed that recently almost every popular tv station out there has a dance show and a cooking show. LOL So UFO's are starting to catch the attention of the masses, why not make money off that. Publish everything, fund tv shows about it, hell... have Larry King do specials once a month about it so he can attract YOU all to his show. Money is being made.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Great thread OP.
This will be my first post here on ATS. I have been "lurking"(for lack of a better word) for quite awhile now. I found this thread to be extremely interesting and I just had to weigh in some of my thoughts.

If anything has led me to believe that a disclosure may be happening it is the Vatican's announcement. That said, I'm not Catholic either... I just don't see any reason why the Vatican would make such an announcement unless they have stumbled upon, or have posessed knowledge of E.T's to some extent. Sure they say that their Astronomers equations and mathematics are what led them to make this announcement, but many other scientists have said similar things long before this. I feel as though some event or occurrance may happen that they know is inevitable, that will show the masses that life exists beyond our planet. In preperation for said event, they are comforting their religious followers who might otherwise abandon their religion completely if they thought this disproved the existence of God.

The use of the word 'brethren' threw me for a loop as well. Sure they may be our 'brethren' in the sense that they share this intergalactic habitat with us, but for the Vatican to use this term.. It made me feel as though there may be a deeper connection that we may soon find out. This also leads me to the "Don't be alarmed" type of feeling.. As in, these beings may or may not be different from us but we do share some type of common ground.

It is quite obvious that the Vatican knows something the general public does not and I think there is some inevitable event that they are preparing people for.

I'm trying to look at this simply from the perspective of "Why would the Vatican make such an announcement to the public?" Of course I could delve into the deeper conspiracy type idea.. The notions of the NWO and such, but I would like to believe that this nothing more than "leading bodies" trying to prepare us for something they can no longer hide.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
All I can say is keep your eyes and ears pealed in the coming months and years. Every little bit of new information helps. Analyze it, ask questions, and present data. That's all we can do. Never stop!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
you all need to check out the 2008 press conference of the x-conference

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
No it isn't. This is very very simple. There are 2 billion reasons why Aliens do not exist. If they did, there would already be concrete proof of it. Too many people have video cameras now for there not to be solid, concrete proof.

There are no aliens, there are no spaceships, and if you can prove me wrong I'll retract my statement and apologize.

You cannot.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by alienstar
We are still alone in this universe cause they is no concrete proof that life exist out there.We can debate this all we want.

god i just love d**b poeple...

Call him dumb all you want, but you probably look dumber because you cannot provide any proof whatsoever. The guy is way more right than you are.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

I heard an astronaut break it down this way when asked if he believe in life on other planets:

Our galaxy is so many millions of years old (13 I think), the universe is about 13 BILLION years. There are other galaxies that are TENS of MILLIONS of years older.

That being said, look at the technology we've managed to develope over hundreds of years. Now if there is a galaxy with life in it that is millions of years OLDER than ours - think if the technology they have. Especially if they use more than 10% of their gray matter.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I realize that I am simply your cyber forum member but listen to what I say...

I Have seen E.T. Live, in person up close and personal...

There now, believe it or not.

We are not talking dream state, we are not talking meditation or fantasy.

It is no longer a point of what if, it is.

I can tell the difference between our back engineered technology (awesome) and theirs.

Nothing I repeat nothing will change after full disclosure for me.

It will be nice to see people that have not experienced yet continued to keep an open mind and yet not fall prey to the B.S. out there by some find validation.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomforall
I really wish that they would show up right now so that the people in this world would crap in their pants. Then, and maybe then, the wars would stop here on this planet and all the religions would become one.

That's rather similar to what I fear will happen, actually....
Unfortunately, the wars actually stopping part is excluded in my perceived version of events...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
everyone should check out the 2008 press conference of the x-conference on the Stephenville lights page

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
No it isn't. This is very very simple. There are 2 billion reasons why Aliens do not exist. If they did, there would already be concrete proof of it.

That depends on what you mean by "aliens", and actually assumes quite a lot about the nature of proof/reality and our ability to comprehend it. The phenomena has shown itself enough at this point that I think we can see it's a bit more complex then little green men from another planet.

Too many people have video cameras now for there not to be solid, concrete proof.

You would consider the BEST footage ever...to be proof? Why? A video doesn't tell you what the object is, whats inside nor why it's there.

I would agree with the OP that disclosure is happening. But not in the same sense he is. Officially? Government? I doubt we'll ever see anything. Would you believe them anyway at this point? If you would, good luck with that.

This enigma has bypassed for years, the "official" channels and gone right to the individual. Thats been going on in my opinion far longer then we dare to speculate. Disclosure has been going on for a very long time. We just have to be willing to look at it past our own expectations.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

No it isn't. This is very very simple. There are 2 billion reasons why Aliens do not exist. If they did, there would already be concrete proof of it.

That depends on what you mean by "aliens", and actually assumes quite a lot about the nature of proof/reality and our ability to comprehend it. The phenomena has shown itself enough at this point that I think we can see it's a bit more complex then little green men from another planet.

I would agree with the OP that disclosure is happening. But not in the same sense he is.

I suspect we share an uncommon view about the nature of the phenomena. It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one thinking this way. See? Even skeptics are subject to our flights of fancy...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Look no further than to the best hackers in the world to find out just how plausable records of alien/ET can exist.
Do any of you remember Gary McKinnon? A hacker from the UK that hacked the US DoD, 4 branches of the military and NASA, finding evidence on file of all types of alien (non earth origin) technology.
Granted, his hack occurred in the early turn of the century, but has been repopularized with the extradition treaty between the US and UK in the last couple of years.
Google Gary McKinnon and you will find page after page, including an entry on wikipedia, covering his exploits and revelations.

Could it be that based on this popularization of late and all the questions raised by his illicit research that those who have sheltered the truth for so long are releasing information because pandora's box has had its lid blown off? As well as what the future holds, combine these two and the the brush may not cover the trail any longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join