posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:27 PM
Here are a couple of previous threads on the UN meeting supposedly held on the topic of UFO's on February the 12th 2008 and possibly the 13th and
14th as well according to a separate source.
The reason I am bringing this up in a new thread is some discoveries I made about some of the Sub committees of United Nations Committee on the
Peaceful Uses of Outer Space
. Specifically I was looking at the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee
Here are the minutes of the forty-fifth session
held in Vienna on the 11th of
February to the 22nd of February tying in nicely with the alleged dates of the meetings covering UFO topics amongst other things.
The thing that blew me away and suddenly makes this all believable was the section on space debris and the reference in the minutes of the overall
committee to a Russian organisation called ISON
. This stands for the International
scientific optical observation network
and was developed with the following goals:
- estimation of real population of artificial objects on high geocentric orbits
- determining of possible origin of the discovered objects
- verification of existed space debris distribution and evolution models for high orbits (GEO, HEO, MEO)
- estimation of the real level of danger caused by space debris fragments for operational spacecrafts on high orbits at present and in the future
- testing and improvement of the technology of space debris studies using optical instruments
- improvement of the motion models for measurements processing and orbit propagation of specific space debris objects with high AMR
The above page I linked shows the report of their first years work which was presented at the Vienna meetings where the alleged UN UFO meeting took
place. Now I am jumping to conclusions here on my little mat, but if any organisation is going to be able to identify and prove the existence of the
UFO phenomenon surely it will be the one tracking all the other objects to discount them? Here is a quote from their conclusion.
The ISON network is developing intensively and will be capable soon to independently track all GEO and HEO objects brighter than 15th-16th
magnitude as well as to accurately monitor LEO dangerous objects
So while no evidence of the UN meeting has come to light, there are certainly some very interesting projects going on in the UN that skirt this issue
and coincide with the UN leak. Most everyone here believes in the UFO phenomenon, so the activities of these committees will definitely come across
and hopefully be able to track the phenomenon like never before. This is one organisation that I will put on my watch list!