It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN Meeting of February 2008 revisited - ISON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Here are a couple of previous threads on the UN meeting supposedly held on the topic of UFO's on February the 12th 2008 and possibly the 13th and 14th as well according to a separate source.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The reason I am bringing this up in a new thread is some discoveries I made about some of the Sub committees of United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space. Specifically I was looking at the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee.

Here are the minutes of the forty-fifth session held in Vienna on the 11th of February to the 22nd of February tying in nicely with the alleged dates of the meetings covering UFO topics amongst other things.

The thing that blew me away and suddenly makes this all believable was the section on space debris and the reference in the minutes of the overall committee to a Russian organisation called ISON. This stands for the International scientific optical observation network and was developed with the following goals:

• estimation of real population of artificial objects on high geocentric orbits
  • determining of possible origin of the discovered objects
  • verification of existed space debris distribution and evolution models for high orbits (GEO, HEO, MEO)
  • estimation of the real level of danger caused by space debris fragments for operational spacecrafts on high orbits at present and in the future
  • testing and improvement of the technology of space debris studies using optical instruments
  • improvement of the motion models for measurements processing and orbit propagation of specific space debris objects with high AMR

The above page I linked shows the report of their first years work which was presented at the Vienna meetings where the alleged UN UFO meeting took place. Now I am jumping to conclusions here on my little mat, but if any organisation is going to be able to identify and prove the existence of the UFO phenomenon surely it will be the one tracking all the other objects to discount them? Here is a quote from their conclusion.

The ISON network is developing intensively and will be capable soon to independently track all GEO and HEO objects brighter than 15th-16th magnitude as well as to accurately monitor LEO dangerous objects

So while no evidence of the UN meeting has come to light, there are certainly some very interesting projects going on in the UN that skirt this issue and coincide with the UN leak. Most everyone here believes in the UFO phenomenon, so the activities of these committees will definitely come across and hopefully be able to track the phenomenon like never before. This is one organisation that I will put on my watch list!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nice find on the "supposite" UN meeting! I definatly find it interesting how this is their third meeting. Aswell as..

"Matter relating to remote sensing of the Earth by satillete, including applications for developing countries and monitoring of the Earth's enviroment."

That can be looked at in different ways, and is quite an intriguing find good job Op!

[edit on 11/13/07 by Spaxz]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I am genuinely surprised people aren't that interested in the UN structure that enables the UFO meetings.

If you believe in UFO's then these guys definitely know about them since they can see low earth objects down to 2mm with radar and also very feint objects right up to high earth orbit. The fact that the UN meeting coincides with the FIRST EVER REPORT by ISON tells me that they found smoething that needed dealing with and backs it up much better than Lorant's testimony.

new topics

join