It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think that Dino's disprove the bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
WOW. Simply an awesome speculation on the topic. However i disagree with the fact that there is NO evolution what so ever because caterpillars go through a stageof evolution through there life time. I do not believe in scientology but I do think that there are forms of evolution in the world. The flood theory could not possibly have been possible because crocidiles and alligators would have died out with everything else becuase they do not usually eat sea and water creatures. I think that dinosaurs were killed by a massive chain of volcaninc eruptions which could cause rapid burial and could have resulted in creating many islands and some continents.

P.S. I do believe that global warming is a hoax.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Well I'm not saying all evolution is bunk, the word evolution is a tricky little guy. I believe in Micro-Evolution, not Macro-Evolution, I should have specified this earlier. I believe things adapt, but not completely change from things, like oh say, a whale into a cow, that's just silly and kinda funny to think about. It's kinda like the whole dinos evolving into birds thing, that's a pretty silly notion to me, think about it for a minute. A dinosaurs somehow either tries to grow feathers (which are incredibly complex structures) or they come naturally. Now either the dino's already knew what a feather was, knew it's purpose and tried to grow them in oder to fly (I think they would end up being pterasaurs though), or somehow, feathers just popped up one day on a dino, this is so highly flawed in thinking, it makes no sense, nothing about dinos evolving into birds makes any sense, at least to me, if someone could explain it, I'd appreciate it, cause seriously, it's impossible, silly and just complete nonsense.
As for a cattapillar evolving into a butterfly, it's about like a child going through the teen years and becoming an adult, they don't really change species, they just develope more.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

well i dont really think that child to teen is necessarily the same as evolving but i get the point. However, I agree with the notion that dino's into birds is totally insane! I dont see how it is physically possible to just start sprouting feather from a supposedly "lizard like" skin. It does not seem rational in any way! The only way is that this would have happened is that a small dinosaur mated with a small bird, the baby mates with a slightly larger bird or dinosaur, and so on to eventually creating a Deinonychus. I do not find it likely though!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I can't really tell from your posts, but evolution doesn't happen in a single animals "lifetime". It's more like each generation something changes and that can take millions of years.

Weird unexplainable stuff happens with humans. Mutations and who knows what went wrong type of stuff with babies today. I believe there was a little girl in India that was born with 4-6 arms not sure on the number.

I saw a show on discovery channel taking the Jurassic Park idea and trying to make it a reality. Dino DNA is missing too much at the moment, but they did show how easy evolution could have been with a chicken. They changed a gene or two and had the chicken growing teeth and disfigured front arms. Heck chimps have 1 chromosome different than us that causes them to not be as smart as us.

The earth has been around a LOT longer than the bible states. I believe it could be possible that somewhere something went wrong and we were made, but I also don't throw out the idea that we were created. The truth of the matter is I will never know.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Ok theendisnear69 helped you out here. He is correct when he says job 41 is talking about a dragon. If you read all of 41 you will see the dragon even talked. ( Job 41: 3 Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?) He also burned fire out of his mouth. ( 19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.)

However, go back to Job 40 that is your dinosaur. Notice how big he is here. His tail like a cedar that’s big. He can drink a river if he chooses.

Job 40

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.
20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Okay. Please do not recite scripture on my threads. You have done it on all of my threads you have replied. Please just make your point.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele
reply to post by Shar

Okay. Please do not recite scripture on my threads. You have done it on all of my threads you have replied. Please just make your point.

Oh ok your under the faith topic thread, and you don’t want sources to back up what is said. Make sure you put in your open post that you do not want scripture posted as I and 100’s of other people will not realize (for me remember) that you don’t want this. I for one thought you were serious in your questions and wanted references to help you in your studies. I did not know you could care less. So why then do you post the question?

SR

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Clearly some elements of christainity strecthing there creditability and there own book abit too far there to suit the agenda of belief. The use of the verse describing leviathans which could of been anything to crocodiles or whales back in those days is really really clutching at straws.

Who could possibly doubt an Aryan/Causcian Jesus riding Dino's about Jersulaem LOL.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR

Clearly some elements of christainity strecthing there creditability and there own book abit too far there to suit the agenda of belief. The use of the verse describing leviathans which could of been anything to crocodiles or whales back in those days is really really clutching at straws.

Who could possibly doubt an Aryan/Causcian Jesus riding Dino's about Jersulaem LOL.

LOL, Oh man, where'd you find that? That is the single most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a long time.
I thought Jesus rode on a white ass into Jerusalem?

-Jimmy

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I also that was the story! But alas obviously he rode a friggin dinosaur everywhere! Seriously, how dumb is that?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Yeah, pretty dumb, I find the "Kid Rock, bathrobe wearing, dinosaur riding, Jesus" pretty entertaining though, lol.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

yeah me too

top topics

<< 1   >>

join