It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Responds To McCain: "Strong" Presidents Aren't Afraid To Meet With Enemies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Barack Obama, in Montana, responded moments ago to McCain's ridicule of the Illinois Senator for saying that Iran is a minuscule threat compared to the former Soviet Union.

McCain said this revealed Obama's "inexperience and reckless judgment." Here's the key part of Obama's reply...

"Here's the truth: the Soviet Union had thousands of nuclear weapons, and Iran doesn't have a single one. But when the world was on the brink of nuclear holocaust, Kennedy talked to Khrushchev and he got those missiles out of Cuba. Why shouldn't we have the same courage and the confidence to talk to our enemies? That's what strong countries do, that's what strong presidents do, that's what I'll do when I'm president of the United States of America."

Obama also said: "What are George Bush and John McCain afraid of"?

SRC: tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com...

This guy's crazy! Doesn't he know that we should shoot first and ask questions later!

Seriously, trying to avoid a war by diplomacy is about the best thing anybody can do.

Bravo Obama. Why in the world would anybody support the 'war first' mentality?

[edit on 5/20/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Bravo Obama the man of change....

Wait didn't he talk about invading Pakistan? I am sure those Pakistani's agreed with Obama's peace diplomacy.

Speaking on Musharraf's domestic trouble's and failures to reign in Al Guida Mr Barack "I am change" Obama stated...

They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will.

(see abcnews.go.com...

Gosh doesn't that sound familiar.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What a novel idea! Speaking to potential military conquests before dropping shock and awe on them. Magnificent idea. Who knew?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

A chance to take out an Al-Qaeda leadership meeting is a bit different than invading the entire country of Iran.

Wouldn't you agree?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This empty shirt has no clue of the concept of superpower diplomacy. Neither does McCain. Long gone are the days of Reagan and JFK. I would not trust this guy to run the local Rotary. On rolls the system. It is going to be quite amusing (or terrifying) to see Hussein pick up King George's campaign.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by wutone

A chance to take out an Al-Qaeda leadership meeting is a bit different than invading the entire country of Iran.

Wouldn't you agree?

I don't think the people of Pakistan will support American troops on their soil running around after Al Queda.

I don't think Musharraf or any Pakistani leader will allow for U.S. troops to operate on their soil.

So basically what do you call it if Obama sends in troops if Musharraf isn't doing anything?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I agree with him 100%.

Saddam ASKED to talk to the US before Bush invaded.
And we all know WHY Bush REFUSED to meet with him.

If the charade being played out of '' They have nuclear weapons and are going to use them '' was true,

and diplomacy was our ultimate trump card, doesnt this MEAN talking?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

There's still a massive difference between taking over an entire country and changing everything about it than going after an Al-Qaeda meeting. You're equalizing them, and they are far from it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter just made a play with hamas and look at what they labeled him as. These neocons against talk need to be dragged kicking and screaming from there comfy towers and flogged in public as there judgement is anounced and executions planned.

Barrack is a brave man, a man set for greatness and a bullet in the head.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

"Strong" Presidents Aren't Afraid To Meet With Enemies

Strong presidents aren't afraid to pick a side and stand on it either...something Obama doesn't seem too keen to do... After all, he's too busy telling EVERYONE what they want to hear...

Clinton and McCain aren't decent choices either...so we're basically screwed anyhow you slice it....but at least we can write in a choice that fits our conscience!

Barrack is a brave man, a man set for greatness and a bullet in the head
Likely true, but not for the assumed racial reasons...probably more of a religious fanatacism psycho assassin, than anything else....

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Recently penned by Sen. Joe Lieberman -

A great Democratic secretary of state, Dean Acheson, once warned "no people in history have ever survived, who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves inoffensive to their enemies." This is a lesson that today's Democratic Party leaders need to relearn.

Originally posted by Gazrok
at least we can write in a choice that fits our conscience!

As in - Ron Paul.

[edit on 5/28/2008 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join