It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Jackinthebox convicted on lesser charge in police abuse case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I think you're lieing. You know you invited that girl over and then beat her with the phone because she wouldn't put out.

Not really. Just kidding.

Thanks for ringing in here.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Uh-oh. My secret's out. lol. There are so few people of quality anymore. I don't go anywhere or do anything that might put me in contact with them just to avoid situations like I mentioned. I'll be damned if they don't come to your door!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
i don't know if you read this, jackinthebox, but here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...]i don't hate cops, i just feel better when they're not around.

i know how you feel, kinda. i didn't get tazed, but i bet if they had tazers at the time, i would have been, because these guys just wanted to hurt me, and they did.
i have to say, andrew wiggins really looks like he's out to get you, for some strange reason. must be a cop. they think everyone's guilty. (and, everyone is, because there are WAY too many laws)

methinks he protesteth too much.
perhaps he is one of those cops that uses excessive force and perjury regularly to 'grease the wheels of justice'. he sure seems like the type, based on his 'third degree' type grilling of you. ie. asking questions that have already been answered, misquoting you to elicit some kind of spontaneous 'confession', calling you a liar based on his lack of reading comprehension, etc.

anyway, you came off as extemely patient and polite. i believe every word of your story. i mean, what kind of 'liar' says he had a gun, was drunk, was knocking on the door too late, and was there because he felt belligerent about cat crap? i can answer. the worst liar ever. an even worse liar than jesus, LOL!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

i have to say, andrew wiggins really looks like he's out to get you, for some strange reason.

Someone else called him out in another thread...

post by jasonjnelson

Since this thread has not been shut down, I will assume it okay to name our choice for "dis-info agent"?

In that case, I choose the honorable Andrew E. Wiggin.

I thank you much for taking the time to look over the material here, and render some common sense. There may yet be hope for humanity.

[edit on 7/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
PLEASE NOTE:

I am angered and disturbed to find that the original thread regarding this case has been removed by ATS staff. There was much information, including photo evidence, and many pages of posts by many members that have now been removed by ATS staff without any notification or proper explanation. There is also the issue of the many threads which referenced the thread in question. Wether or not one agrees with me personally on this topic, anyone who has participated in the discussion should be concerned and even offended by this action taken by ATS.

It is my hope that there is the possibility of the thread still being archived somewhere, and that it can be restored. If it is, I will be sure to credit ATS staff for doing so with as much vigor as I intend to take issue with this censorship.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If it's any comfort, JITB, I don't think ATS staff singled you out for censorship. I have tried to access several threads only to have a page pop up that says something like: The page you requested is no longer available....." Something about server changes.

I would imagine that with over a million viewers/members the site would have to "dump" some posts/threads. I'm not sure where the threads are going, only that they're "no longer available", which implies to me that they are NOT archived. An archive would imply some sort of availability.

Don't take it personally, bro. **warning-mild perspective adjustment** Also, if you have a question about the board there are mods available to answer questions and that "issues with the ATS" thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Jackinthebox, this whole situation sounds just awful.
I do remember the story/thread, I have noticed a few controversial threads that disappeared over the last few weeks.
I'm glad you chose to update us.

I understand how frustrating, upsetting and infuriating a long term neighbourhood problem can become.

I applaud you for sharing this story with us, no doubt it has been an embarrassing issue, and I especially appreciate that you were honest that alcohol was involved.

I also think you did the right thing in the end by accepting responsibility for breaking the window. I hope thats the end of it.
It is really unfortunate what happened to you, but I for one, thank you for telling us what I believe to the be truth through it all.

Good luck to you, I'm glad it's behind you.
I think there are lots of lessons for us all to learn from you sharing this story. At least for me there is.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If it's any comfort, JITB, I don't think ATS staff singled you out for censorship.

Probably not, but who knows. Might even be an individual with a gripe.

I have tried to access several threads only to have a page pop up that says something like: The page you requested is no longer available....." Something about server changes.

That did happen with a bunch of old threads, but this is very recent.

I would imagine that with over a million viewers/members the site would have to "dump" some posts/threads.

Not to toot my own horn here or anything, but I have seen them refuse to remove some really useless threads, even when it was requested or it was proved to be a hoax. The reason being not to offend everyone who had participated in the thread.

Part of the reason that I even created the thread in the first place was so that it could be referenced so I wouldn't have to keep telling the story over and over again.

Don't take it personally, bro.

Actually, I do. Big journalistic no no on their part of you ask me, even if it wasn't intentional or meant to be "personal." I take it as a big slap in the face to have so much work trashed, as should anyone else who posted. There was some very intense discussion there that has been thrown out.

Thanks for posting though.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
It is my hope that there is the possibility of the thread still being archived somewhere, and that it can be restored. If it is, I will be sure to credit ATS staff for doing so with as much vigor as I intend to take issue with this censorship.

It was a an unfortunate occurrance, not censorship.

For the record, jackinthebox's initial thread on this topic was in the forum "Social Issues", which was a part of the Above Politics sister site to ATS. As Above Politics is no more, the forums associated with them are now defunct...which also includes the threads which remained there.

We did the best we could to move all active threads.

That said, if anyone else notices that a thread they enjoyed is no longer accessible because of this circumstance, please u2u myself or another staff member and we can have the thread retieved and moved.

jackinthebox: Your thread in question is now located in the General Conspiracies forum...here

[edit on 28-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

I understand how frustrating, upsetting and infuriating a long term neighbourhood problem can become.

Actually, just to be clear, I really didn't have any "simmering tensions" so to speak with the neighbor in question. Sure I was annoyed about their cat, but it wasn't really a big deal. That's why I didn't even bother to complain to the landlord at that point. I didn't realize at the time how dirty the people were and that that was the cause of it. The other issues those neighbors had were with other people in the neighborhood, and I didn't really know much about those problems at all being at work most of the time.

Thanks for ringing in though, with some other astute observations and some common sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Awesome!!!!

Super big thanks to you!!!

I now humbly apologize to the ATS staff for any "misinterpretations" that may have been assumed erroneously. My faith is restored in you guys once again.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

[edit on 7/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Go be a sheep.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by intrepid]

Go be a sheep? Come on man, the only sheep in this thread is you. You buckled like a belt in the face of jailtime instead of using all your resources to fight back, like 90% of the posters on here say they will do in the face of authority, once the temp gets turned up you fold just like everyone does. People are big talkers on here but this story proves that people are all talk.
Incidentally, once I read the alcohol was involved in this case that's all I needed to know. You probably don't even remember accurately what happened, that tends to happen when alcohol is involved. If I had a dollar for every time someone said "I just had a couple of drinks with dinner!" before getting arrested for doing something stupid, I'd be a rich, rich man. Look, does it suck that you got the crap kicked out of you by the police? Of course, but you probably did something to deserve it. Officers don't have the discretion that they used to because of lawsuits. There is protocol that they follow "if x happens, then y happens" that they are trained to do. One of my best friends is on the SWAT team here in Chicago, and the stories are just crazy. Now, all I get is his side so I'm sure there's another side, just like this story. There is always another side and it takes two to tango, it doesn't necessarily mean your rights are being trampled.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

Come on man, the only sheep in this thread is you. You buckled like a belt in the face of jailtime instead of using all your resources to fight back, like 90% of the posters on here say they will do in the face of authority, once the temp gets turned up you fold just like everyone does. People are big talkers on here but this story proves that people are all talk.

I didn't want to go to jail if that's what you mean. But if you think that I had some sort of terrible fear of it, you are dead wrong. I've spent some time in county, so I know the drill there.

Incidentally, once I read the alcohol was involved in this case that's all I needed to know.

Oh of course. Just like the people who take the exact opposite track and will defend any scumbag just to stick it to the cops.

You probably don't even remember accurately what happened, that tends to happen when alcohol is involved.

I did consider that possibility myself actually, until the witnesses came forward.

...but you probably did something to deserve it.

Such as?

Officers don't have the discretion that they used to because of lawsuits. There is protocol that they follow "if x happens, then y happens" that they are trained to do.

I am fully aware of what discretion an officer does and does not have. And part of this "x" equals "y" training you are talking about it precisely the problem. Bunch of friggin taser happy robots running around instead of real men (or women) with half a brain.

Take the kid who just got tased for not follwing police orders, because he had a broken back. Yup, he didn't follow police orders, so he gets tased 20 times, nevermind the fact that his back is broken and he is physically unable to comply. Or the Trooper who kept trying to rip the woman out of the car over a traffic ticket, but couldn't understand that she still had her belt on. I've got an x equals y for you. If a someone beats you up on your own front porch without provocation, they're bungholes violating your rights.

... it doesn't necessarily mean your rights are being trampled.

Show me a case where you would agree that someone's rights were trampled, or admit that you are an apologist for the Gestapo.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If my rights were being trampled I would do everything I could to get even. So I ask you, what are you doing? If the answer isn't LAWSUIT, then you admit that you are lying about what happened. After that happens, I'll admit to being an apologist for the gestapo.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time man, don't show up to peoples house drunk and break their window while carrying a weapon. The police can't sit around and hope you aren't dangerous...as soon as they do that the headline ends up being "COP KILLER" instead of "drunk jerk gets tased 10 times".
Sorry but that's the only fact in this thread, if you're drinking and it's 1 in the morning, just stay home so you'll stay out of trouble. What do you think the odds would have been that the police were going to trample all over your liberty if you just passed out on the couch instead of cause an incident? I would guess 0%.
You say you were a police officer yourself, so you must know that the police will do anything not to have to fill out all that darn paperwork, especially during 3rd shift. You think they wanted to come to that house and bust up a drunk loudmouth and 1 am? Puh-leeze....you need a reality check and some people in this thread are doing a public service and trying to explain it to you. You have chosen a different tact though and instead seem destined for a miserable existence. Your whole life is going to be spent jumping at shadows and waiting for the shadow government to impound your computer.
Instead of assuming we're all stupid, maybe think critically that someone on here might actually be trying to help you, even if it comes off as an insult or a personal attack on you. Take the tough love advice in this thread and try to improve your existance...both for you and your family, instead of keeping the dukes up all the time. Remember, no one else was jumped by the cops, tased, arrested, etc. for being drunk and bothering people, it was YOU, not anyone else. That should tell you something. Take the chance to do better, be better, treat others better, and make an improvement...don't just assume that you know what's best.
People talk about the breakdown of society, but it happens right here, in places like this...people refuse to lower their defenses and realize that they might have something to learn from someone else...be that bigger man now, take responsiblity, and lead by example.
That's all I'm going to say, and even though I'm not a real religious person, I do pray sometimes and I'll throw you in there next time I do it. You can recover from this!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If he says he's not following through with a lawsuit then he admits he's lying?

What kind of logic is that? I've personally had 2 run-ins with the law that I could have an open and shut case on if I wanted to pursue either of them but I can already tell you what will happen. I go to court, win my case and get a judgment. The offending party doesn't pay the judgment and I have to take them back to court for contempt. They get a garnishment ordered and change jobs. Then it all starts again as I chase them from job to job or county or state. I see no point in throwing good money after bad only to prove I was right.

Glad to see your original thread is back, Jack. Figured it was something like that. No conspiracy...just human error.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

If he says he's not following through with a lawsuit then he admits he's lying?

What kind of logic is that? I've personally had 2 run-ins with the law that I could have an open and shut case on if I wanted to pursue either of them but I can already tell you what will happen. I go to court, win my case and get a judgment. The offending party doesn't pay the judgment and I have to take them back to court for contempt. They get a garnishment ordered and change jobs. Then it all starts again as I chase them from job to job or county or state. I see no point in throwing good money after bad only to prove I was right.

Glad to see your original thread is back, Jack. Figured it was something like that. No conspiracy...just human error.

its just as ridiculous as him telling me that I should admit I'm an apologist for the gestapo...it's silly...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the update Jackinthebox, the outcome could have been much worse and I am glad it wasn't. Sometimes you just have to be a man about it and you were. The cops who got you in the situation that you were in are just losers who could not amount to anything else in life other than to be bully power abusing cops who do not deserve to wear the badge at all. You are better then they are and you proved it. Time to move on with your life.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe

Thanks for the update Jackinthebox, the outcome could have been much worse and I am glad it wasn't. Sometimes you just have to be a man about it and you were. The cops who got you in the situation that you were in are just losers who could not amount to anything else in life other than to be bully power abusing cops who do not deserve to wear the badge at all. You are better then they are and you proved it. Time to move on with your life.

how do you know the cops are losers? All we have is one side of the story!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Indeed, and thanks. Human error or no, I was definately ticked about it. But I'm glad it's back too, and that ATS had the foresight to put measures in place to be able to correct such problems. And of course, kudos to Moderator MemoryShock for jumping right on top of the situation.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

White Chapel man, sometimes you just gotta pick your battles. You can spend all your time and resources fighting the system, with no guarantee of an acceptable outcome if you want. But sometimes in life, you just have to take a hit and keep going.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join