It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Jackinthebox convicted on lesser charge in police abuse case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

its not off topic to discuss the other thread, when you, yourself, posted a link to the other thread in your OP of this thread.

You brought it into play yourself, and being as how that story is a part of this story (and they're both lies)

its not harrassment.

Stop running away.

You got caught. Move onto another thread. Im tired of talknig about this one. You have nothing else to contribute or defend.

Try harder next time.

May i suggest you write down your histories first, with a pencil and paper, so you dont forget them later?

It worked wonders for OJ

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

What is the difference between an "official" police force and an "unofficial" police force. IE: in this example: The redcoats of Great Britian. They enforced law just like a police officer.

No, they enforced martial law, just like any soldier in occupied teritorry. Tyranny that was rejected by our founding fathers I might add.

Your own admittance is that if you hadnt been drinking...you would not have broken their window.

No such admission is possible, as there is no way to dertermine such as a matter of fact.

Personally, i blieve you were a little more aggressive and brash in your approach to your neighbor.

A neighbor that I had known for years, and had dealt with on many other ocassions through various matters? Well, again, you are entitled to your opinion, even when you are wrong.

So...since you've seen them outside before at that time of night - that gives you permission to go up onto their property.

Sure. It was my landlord's property anyway. I've knocked on their door plenty of other times.

They dont have to answer the door.

True. And?

You dont have to go up on their porch.

And you didn't have to startup this thread again. But you're here now aren't you?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You're talking in circles now. I'm not going to bother repeating myself. But go ahead and keep posting. Thanks for the points. In the meantime, I'll start the cherry-picking with a few things not already covered, like this...

There are simple, unwritten rules, of society that you've violated.

Oh, I get it. Now there are un-written rules that the police are allowed to enforce with violence. I get it now. Thanks for letting us know where you are coming from now.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You violated the privacy of your neighbors at the wee hours in the morning

I did not violate any privacy. If that were the case, I would have been chraged with trespassing at the very least.

you are a big guy - and they are not very big.

There were two of them, fully armed and better equipped, and one was nearly my own size.

You are brash with them by insulting their integrity...

No, I rebuffed their insults and threats.

They responded to a call that you were unruly and breaking stuff

No, they respond to a call of the sound of glass breaking. I believe it was another neighbor that actually called.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

My responses have more stars than your OP.

Oh, I get it. You want to compare sizes now.

...edit your post to remove childish name calling insults ...

Do I smell a hypocrite?

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Is there a lot of 'crime' in your neighborhood, there, batman?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

What time in the evening was it that you went to complain to your neighbors?

Midnight, one AM maybe. I can't remember exactly right now. I'd have to look at the report.

And how is it that you knew that it was their cats who left the feces on your lawn?

I saw it doing it that night, and for several days prior. They hadn't been home during the day for me to tell them. It had happened weeks earlier too, but stopped, and then started up again.

According to you in many posts you live out of your car so how is it that you have a lawn to complain about?

I wasn't always homeless.

...so you should know how the cops would treat you considering it was night, you were drinking and that you also had a weapon in your possession...

I expected them to act professionally of course. And that is why I offered my weapon to them upon first contact.

The glass looks like it was either punched or elbowed from the fracture marks and the point of impact.

No, the entire panel came out in several pieces.

The area you show in the picture looks very much like a very well wooded area, and in such areas many cats can live that might not belong to the people you "talked" to, they could be feral or strays.

No, not very wooded really. There is a narrow band of woods behind the house which seperates the backyards from the next neighborhood over.

I saw their cat, I know their cat, and this was not something unexpected or new. The ferals and strays are quickly dealt with being only a few hundred yards from the SPCA.

So why persist in painting false pictures and pretenses if you are homeless like you state so often that you are?

Have you lived in the same place all your life? Or do you think that time stands still here on ATS perhaps?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Because before, it was that you were approaching them to offer your assistance, because you've been a police officer before.

I never said that.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
And with that folks, I will now disengage and leave it for you to judge. If any one has anything relevent to add, please do so. And, as always, please feel free to post any questions you might have as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

No, I have not lived in the same place all my life...but I know that the area that you have portrayed which looks very much like an Upstate new york area, are selectivly wooded. How can you possibly think that even breaking someones glass on accident at 1 am would not validate the treatment you got from the police? Expecially when you are armed? guns and late nights cause police to be a little more efficient in their beatings, and no you have not been homeless all of your life. But you also said you were a cop, the one quote you did not respond to. SO being a cop I would expect you knew what you had coming. Maybe you deserved it, and maybe you got off your charge because of the recent events law enforcement had been charged with. I think you got lucky, and I also think you re lying, oh well that is just my opinion. Only you will know what went down that night and your side of the story is only one side so all of those people who jump on your band wagon will be just a guilty as you possibly because they had been "wronged". I have had some run ins with the police but they were either all my fault or were justified. And I have never been in court because of this fact. Nor have I been convicted of a felony. Police do thier job 99% of the time. The other 1% is when someone has a power trip, or is just not paying attention. I dont think what happened to you falls into this 1% category. Yeah there are cases where police do many bad things. But put this into the perspective where cops do thousands of goods deeds in between and you will understand. I think that the judge was way too lienient.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

How can you possibly think that even breaking someones glass on accident at 1 am would not validate the treatment you got from the police?

How can you think that it does?! Forgive me for expecting some level of professionalism from the police. Are you seriously condoning beating for parking ticket level offenses?

Maybe you deserved it, and maybe you got off your charge because of the recent events law enforcement had been charged with.

No, I "got off" as you put it, because I had multiple witnesses to the events described. Unfortunately however, the defense was not "solid" due to the fact that I would be unable to testify on my own behalf.

I think you got lucky, and I also think you re lying, oh well that is just my opinion.

Well, I think, that you would think anyone who had a problem with police was lieing. I have no reason to lie.

I dont think what happened to you falls into this 1% category. Yeah there are cases where police do many bad things.

Show me a case where you would agree that the police were in the wrong. I have trouble believeing that you are not saying this just to avoid looking like an absolutist.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I am glad that you are able to have some closure with this situation Jack, I know an experience like that with the police can leave quite a bitter aftertaste, but you have handled it well. Good luck.

I thank you much. Especially coming from you, a member who does not always see eye to eye with my own opinions, yet exercises critical thinking well.

[edit on 6/29/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
[edit on 7/1/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

you seem to be on here to try to validate your actions. You don't seem to understand that quite a few of us on here, well at least on your post don't believe you and that seems to upset you because your vindication is not justified. You really can't be that stupid to believe that you would be treated any other way by the police for the disturbance you caused. You should really be thankful that your "neighbor" did not shoot you. I would have if it was late at night and some drunk dumbass came stumbling up my walkway and broke a window. I would have thought that you were going to try to rob me. And who knows, with how poor you have claimed to be living out of your car and all, getting turned down for a job a taco bell, and having to "borrow" computers to put up posts, maybe you were looking for a little easy money, or maybe not. I am not an absolutist I am merely a person who understands that there are a lot of people in the world who cause problems and commit crimes and then cry wolf when they get caught. Jack you are one of these people. You lie about posts and you change your story all the time. You really should keep track. Maybe a reason you can't find a decent job is because of your track record with crime and lies.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

you seem to be on here to try to validate your actions.

Not at all. I have already explained my motivations for posting. Perhaps you should refer back to the original thread on the topic. This second thread was started as a gesture of good faith toward those who participated in the original thread, so that they could finally get the full story.

You don't seem to understand that quite a few of us on here, well at least on your post don't believe you and that seems to upset you because your vindication is not justified.

It is true, ignorance does upset me, but in the end, there will always be people who still believe that the world is flat or that they are the center of the universe. If you and Mr. Wiggin choose not to believe me, so be it. I have no reason to lie.

You really can't be that stupid to believe that you would be treated any other way by the police for the disturbance you caused.

Are you really so stupid as to advocate police brutality for minor infractions, before they have even bothered to properly investigate?

You should really be thankful that your "neighbor" did not shoot you.

Being a convicted child molester, having a gun in his place probably would have caused him a lot of problems. Not to mention the fact that if he had shot me, he would have gone to prison for it. I had not trespassed. I had as much right to be on his porch as the police had to be on mine.

And who knows, with how poor you have claimed to be living out of your car and all, getting turned down for a job a taco bell, and having to "borrow" computers to put up posts, maybe you were looking for a little easy money, or maybe not.

You just keep chipping away, desperately hoping to find some chink in the armor of truth. My financial situation now has nothing whatsoever to do with what happened then, as I have already explained. At the time, I made a descent salary getting up everday, putting on a uniform and shield, and working to make people safe. Nice try at trying to plant the seeds of doubt, but once again, you only reveal your own nature.

I am not an absolutist I am merely a person who understands that there are a lot of people in the world who cause problems and commit crimes and then cry wolf when they get caught.

There are people like this, yes.

Jack you are one of these people.

And that is where you are wrong. Again, why would I lie? You're really just beating a dead horse here now.

You lie about posts and you change your story all the time.

That is a very serious accusation. I suggest you post proof to support this, or admit that you are an ignorant troll and post an apology to me. I will be contacting site admin to take action against you for defamation of character if you do not.

Maybe a reason you can't find a decent job is because of your track record with crime and lies.

Point of fact, I am currently employed.

[edit on 7/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Stumpy1

you seem to be on here to try to validate your actions.

Not at all. I have already explained my motivations for posting. Perhaps you should refer back to the original thread on the topic. This second thread was started as a gesture of good faith toward those who participated in the original thread, so that they could finally get the full story.

You don't seem to understand that quite a few of us on here, well at least on your post don't believe you and that seems to upset you because your vindication is not justified.

It is true, ignorance does upset me, but in the end, there will always be people who still believe that the world is flat or that they are the center of the universe. If you and Mr. Wiggin choose not to believe me, so be it. I have no reason to lie.

You really can't be that stupid to believe that you would be treated any other way by the police for the disturbance you caused.

Are you really so stupid as to advocate police brutality for minor infractions, before they have even bothered to properly investigate?

You should really be thankful that your "neighbor" did not shoot you.

Being a convicted child molester, having a gun in his place probably would have caused him a lot of problems. Not to mention the fact that if he had shot me, he would have gone to prison for it. I had not trespassed. I had as much right to be on his porch as the police had to be on mine.

And who knows, with how poor you have claimed to be living out of your car and all, getting turned down for a job a taco bell, and having to "borrow" computers to put up posts, maybe you were looking for a little easy money, or maybe not.

You just keep chipping away, desperately hoping to find some chink in the armor of truth. My financial situation now has nothing whatsoever to do with what happened then, as I have already explained. At the time, I made a descent salary getting up everday, putting on a uniform and shield, and working to make people safe. Nice try at trying to plant the seeds of doubt, but once again, you only reveal your own nature.

I am not an absolutist I am merely a person who understands that there are a lot of people in the world who cause problems and commit crimes and then cry wolf when they get caught.

There are people like this, yes.

Jack you are one of these people.

And that is where you are wrong. Again, why would I lie? You're really just beating a dead horse here now.

You lie about posts and you change your story all the time.

That is a very serious accusation. I suggest you post proof to support this, or admit that you are an ignorant troll and post an apology to me. I will be contacting site admin to take action against you for defamation of character if you do not.

Maybe a reason you can't find a decent job is because of your track record with crime and lies.

if calling you liar upsets you so much then you most likely have something to hide. You seem to tailor your posts to fit your current situation, if you want to file defamation feel free, you would only be proving a great point, and it would also tell me that I threaten you enough that you want me removed from your post or the site altogether, I really could care less. You know who you are and words are just words, I really think you are a liar and you can't claim defamation for what someone thinks. You have a great way of painting everyone else in your post as being in the wrong, No you did not have as much of a right to be on that guys porch, it is his private property and you were tresspassing, If you really wore a shield and uniform at the time this happened then you would have been smart enough whether drunk or not to know what you were in for, you really can't deny that and if you do it only proves your ignorance. So go ahead and whine and cry wolf and get mad at those of us you don't think play fair, but for the time being we are only hearing one side of what seems to me to be a very doctored up story on your part. Show us a copy of the police report or the statement you neighbor made and then we can see a little more light, But I really don't think you will do that because then we will be able to see the whole of the matter and that maybe things you have stated were less than truthful, only then if I am proved wrong would I apologize.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Stumpy1]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

So it appears that you actually have nothing valid to say, and no evidence to support your ignorant opinions?

EDIT to add:

From this point forward I will be ignoring stupid stumpy unless he brings something up that has not already been discussed, or appears to be a valid question.

If anyone else has any other questions or comments, that are not rooted in ignorance and stupidity, regarding this incident, please feel free to ask.

[edit on 7/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
JITB, Glad to hear you're back among the free. (well, as free as any of us)

People who have never had to deal with corrupt, unreasonable, ignorant, power-mad cops have no idea what a shocker it is to be treated like a criminal even when no crime has been committed. They just get their jollies by throwing their weight around. That, and they know that in a court of law the judge will ALWAYS side with them if it's just a citizen's word against the cops word.

I could give you several examples of personal run-ins with the unprofessional, paid for morons that are Oklahoma's "finest". The most recent involved some drunken drama queen who tried to push and punch her way into my home at midnight. I smacked her upside the head with the telephone I'd answered the door with (to threaten her with calling the cops if she didn't leave but never got the chance to say). She called the cops first (my phone was disabled, lol) and they arrested me for A&B! I was IN MY HOME and she admitted to coming to MY door and stirring up trouble. Of course, she left out a few salient points, like hitting me first, trying to shove her way past my front door, etc. But, being young, blonde and having big boobs makes one a much more credible witness than the old broad in her night shirt holding a broken phone. Cost me 4 grand to get out of that deal. She ignored the subpoena to show up and accuse me but no arrest warrant was issued for her. Imagine that! I threatened to sue the arresting officer, the D.A., the A.D.A., the jailers who violated several of my civil rights so the judge decided to dismiss "with prejudice" meaning they can drag me back to court over this stupid stunt any time they want.

I feel your pain, brother. Not all cops are tyrranical caesar wanna be's but more and more of them are becoming so and there's no real remedy or recourse for those of us who insist on going by the laws of the land. Or who insist that cops obey (or at least KNOW) the law of the land.

Glad you got a job and can put this behind you. I don't know about you but the neighbors could be butchering each other on their front steps and setting the neighborhood on fire and I won't call a cop for it. If they ask, I didn't see or hear anything either. F*** 'EM! Got a tracking device installed on my car that registers latitude and longitude as well as time of day, date and speed so that if they try to harass me for driving, I'm ready for the Bast****.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
JITB, Glad to hear you're back among the free. (well, as free as any of us)

People who have never had to deal with corrupt, unreasonable, ignorant, power-mad cops have no idea what a shocker it is to be treated like a criminal even when no crime has been committed. They just get their jollies by throwing their weight around. That, and they know that in a court of law the judge will ALWAYS side with them if it's just a citizen's word against the cops word.

I could give you several examples of personal run-ins with the unprofessional, paid for morons that are Oklahoma's "finest". The most recent involved some drunken drama queen who tried to push and punch her way into my home at midnight. I smacked her upside the head with the telephone I'd answered the door with (to threaten her with calling the cops if she didn't leave but never got the chance to say). She called the cops first (my phone was disabled, lol) and they arrested me for A&B! I was IN MY HOME and she admitted to coming to MY door and stirring up trouble. Of course, she left out a few salient points, like hitting me first, trying to shove her way past my front door, etc. But, being young, blonde and having big boobs makes one a much more credible witness than the old broad in her night shirt holding a broken phone. Cost me 4 grand to get out of that deal. She ignored the subpoena to show up and accuse me but no arrest warrant was issued for her. Imagine that! I threatened to sue the arresting officer, the D.A., the A.D.A., the jailers who violated several of my civil rights so the judge decided to dismiss "with prejudice" meaning they can drag me back to court over this stupid stunt any time they want.

I feel your pain, brother. Not all cops are tyrranical caesar wanna be's but more and more of them are becoming so and there's no real remedy or recourse for those of us who insist on going by the laws of the land. Or who insist that cops obey (or at least KNOW) the law of the land.

Glad you got a job and can put this behind you. I don't know about you but the neighbors could be butchering each other on their front steps and setting the neighborhood on fire and I won't call a cop for it. If they ask, I didn't see or hear anything either. F*** 'EM! Got a tracking device installed on my car that registers latitude and longitude as well as time of day, date and speed so that if they try to harass me for driving, I'm ready for the Bast****.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
sorry about the double post. not sure what happened there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join