It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Human Humanoid Encounter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Background: My parents were on holiday in Gran Canaria a few years back and when they returned home my mum and stepdad told me that they saw something strange over there. They had invited people they met on holiday up to their hotel room for dinner, but while they were eating, my mum and a couple of others began to feel strange and the way my mum describes it is an overwhelming sense of dread; as if someone was watching them.

My mum turned round -and this is where it gets weird/interesting- and according to her, she saw what appeared to be a floating humanoid entity of some type.

She described it as being around 8ft tall, with an elongated head and bulging eyes it was staring right at her, she said she was so frightened she couldn't even scream, I'm not sure but at this point my mum said my stepdad and their guests noticed this thing and shat themselves. They all ran into the hotel room shut the balcony door and curtains and called it a night. My mum didn't sleep that night (obviously).

At the first light of dawn she went out to the balcony to have a cigarette, but as soon as she sat down she got that same horrible feeling again and turned her head to shout for my younger brother for help but as she did so she saw the creature again at the edge of the balcony she managed to run back inside but felt the creature was following her inside she screamed for my younger brother to close the balcony doors behind her, he did so but by the time he got to the doors it was flying away; he said it was like some large winged shadowy creature.

Rught, let's say stright off the bat I believe this happened, 3 family members saw the same thing plus their dinner guests saw it. My mum up until that event was super straight laced non believer in the paranormal.

Now I've tried, in vain to search for similar encounters on the web, asking the question; what the heck was it? An E.B.E? A Demon? Mothman? I don't have a clue.

So I am asking other forum users if they know of any similar encounters?

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wow...that is flat out scarey stuff. Sounds like what a Dementor does in the "Harry Potter" series. Sounds like a ghost/alien/demon. Did your brother and Father have the same feelings and descriptions as your Mom?

Really creepy, hope it didn't follow them home.
Love to here more.
Thanks for sharing and I hope maybe someone can shed some light on this for you.

Edited to add: S&F

[edit on 20-5-2008 by cindymars]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Very interesting.

Too bad she didn't give you any more details about the being.

- Was it clothed
- Did it have two arms and legs
- Did she feel any sort of intentions such as why it had came
- What was the color
- Was the being typical in physical description to the "grays" or "insectoids"

I would really have liked to have seen a picture/drawing/sketch so as to get a good mental image and a place to work from regarding previous recorded encounters.

As someone that has in the past and present witnessed things on the same level as this I don't dismiss the story outright nor the possibility that something did happen.

Could have just been one of those right place wrong time situations.

- Lee

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've never seen or heard of anything like that myself, but let me say that it sounds pretty scary.

I can understand your belief in your family members, I would believe mine too. On that note though, it's very strange.

hopefully others can point you in the right direction, maybe wikipedia mothman?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'd recommend seeing a priest or consulting someone well researched in the paranormal.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thanx for replying.

To answer your questions; yes, my stepdad and a couple of the other guests got the same nauseous feeling as my mum and my stepdad described the creature in the same manner floating, really tall, long face, by scary eyes. I asked them to draw it after they spoke about it, they gave me a partial sketch, this was years ago so i don't have the drawings now, but they looked the exact same. Long head, big eyes. I asked them to go into further detail, skin tone, limbs etc. My mum and dad said it looked like a standard human apart from the aforementioned discrepencies.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I think she said it had some kind of robe, about that she isn't too sure, she was too afraid. Re it's intentions; that's something my mother has always wondered about, but the prominent feeling she says is that it was curious, judging by it's eyes she said REALLY curious.

As for it following her home my mum also commented on that, she is really frightened in case it has. Like the location was not important it is actually tethered to the person it displayed interest in, which was herself.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just curious but why don't you still have the drawings. Not a packrat like me, I guess. Do you live near your Mom and could she re-draw it? She most likely wouldn't want to but, just asking.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Will ask her. tomorrow. I'll scan and post it by the afternoon.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It sounds more like a demon or something rather than an Alien. Really creepy stuff.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuetzalcoatlAlien
I'd recommend seeing a priest or consulting someone well researched in the paranormal.

What authority does a priest have?

Considering that priests are mouthpieces for organised religious cults, therefore tainted of all independent thought, they aren't any better than the rest of us.

To me, a priest would be more inclined to give some hocus-pocus, delusional answer based on a fairy-tale book, than any other critically-thinking member of the public.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Keep in mind that this is a second hand story and it should be taken for what it is : a story.
If this story is true, well before jumping on the alien band wagon we should analyse other more plausible theory.
Like a joke

But a bigger version

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Jigore]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
No joke. My family still can't bring themselves to talk about it easily, I have to encourage them, at length. The reasons are a) They are rational human beings and talking about the irrational makes them uncomfortable and b) They keep on telling me it's too scary to talk about.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusBob

my mum and a couple of others began to feel strange and the way my mum describes it is an overwhelming sense of dread; as if someone was watching them.

Interesting. That is exactly what was told to me regarding my aunt's UFO sighting in Peru during the 1960s. An uneasy feeling .. she turned around.. and saw a 5 ft wide disc hovering.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by QuetzalcoatlAlien

What authority does a priest have?

Considering that priests are mouthpieces for organised religious cults, therefore tainted of all independent thought, they aren't any better than the rest of us.

To me, a priest would be more inclined to give some hocus-pocus, delusional answer based on a fairy-tale book, than any other critically-thinking member of the public.

some, Ok lets say that priests have no authorities in such matters, in fact a new law slated to activation around May 2012 will forbid all priests to have any contact with what society usually describes as belonging to the realm of paranormal. (Its fiction, no such law exists)
Also lets assume that paranormal activities are starting to be on the rise, 1 out of 5 people has had frequent experiences (another fictitious claim of mine).

The world is going to be in absolute chaos from paranormal phenomena, absolutely mad, who ARE you going to call? THE POLICE, or the ARMY?
Give me a break! Of course you are going to call a priest, at least for some extra advice or counseling, they at least won't shoot you or arrest you!

I am not siding with any christian views here but as logic would dictate, priests would win hands down over the police or any military in such extraordinary occurrences.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

"some, Ok lets say that priests have no authorities in such matters, in fact a new law slated to activation around May 2012 will forbid all priests to have any contact with what society usually describes as belonging to the realm of paranormal. (Its fiction, no such law exists)
Also lets assume that paranormal activities are starting to be on the rise, 1 out of 5 people has had frequent experiences (another fictitious claim of mine).

The world is going to be in absolute chaos from paranormal phenomena, absolutely mad, who ARE you going to call? THE POLICE, or the ARMY?
Give me a break! Of course you are going to call a priest, at least for some extra advice or counseling, they at least won't shoot you or arrest you!

I am not siding with any christian views here but as logic would dictate, priests would win hands down over the police or any military in such extraordinary occurrences."

LMFAO was that post honestly ment to be serious or what? your going to call a priest when the world is in chaos... ok... i guess once u make that call hes gunna walk outside and fix it for you? LOL no offense man but that was um how should i put this nicely... one of the most rediculous post i have ever read... what a joke. really sorry for going off topic but... my god im still in shock he actually wrote that and was serious

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Has anyone alse noticed how in Spain most of the humanoid sightings involve giant beyings ? 8 feet+

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well seeing as there is no such thing as ghosts or demons then it must be an alien. It didn't sound particularly evil. It didn't try to hurt or kidnap anyone. Maybe it was just inquisative?
If you read the humanoid encounter reports it seems thaat many alien species can levitate or fly.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Creepy stuff indeed. Reminds me a bit of this sighting:

external source

I'd like to know, what made your mom think the creature was actually floating/flying? As I understand it, the story took place on a balcony. Where exactly was the creature? Was it floating over the balcony or beside it? Did anyone but your brother notice wings on the creature?

I was in Gran Canaria years ago and spotted plenty of weird creatures. Turned out to be tourists though.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
absolute chaos from paranormal phenomena, absolutely mad, who ARE you going to call? THE POLICE, or the ARMY?
Give me a break! Of course you are going to call a PRIEST

Come on, if there's something strange . . . you call the GHOSTBUSTERS. Everybody knows that.

i couldn't resist.

seriously though . . . i'm dying to see a sketch or picture resemblance of this creature

[edit on 5/22/2008 by JPhish]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join