It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft to re-release "every OS" to market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Microsoft to re-release "every OS" to market

apcmag.com

Under the plan, Microsoft intends to broaden its outreach beyond the traditional IT sector, and start offering older Windows operating systems to other non-IT manufacturers. "We actually did this years ago, by embedding Windows CE into the Sega Dreamcast, but Sega only sold three of the things, so that rather flopped", our source told us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hrm..... I found this rather interesting. MS have started offering licencing older MS operating systems to verious companies. Have a look at the link for a full list. Seems like a rather good idea to me.

With any luck we will see these licenes in the consumer market.... but then again who wants an old OS for anything other then an really old PC? - Im sure someone will want win 98 though.

-fm

apcmag.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure the article is meant to be taken seriously, given the tone of how it's written. For example,

Windows 95: "Our studies revealed that 95's lack of proper memory protection made laptops run unbearably hot -- a whole 9.2 on the "Macbook Pro" scale -- so we're in talks with Kenwood to release a range of Windows 95 toasters and oven grills."

I couldn't find any other news sources reporting this either. I'd say it's a rather heavy piece of satire.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hrm ok...... I dont know why APC mag would put something like that in the news section of their web site though as they are the most respected PC mag in Australia........ actualy its taged as satire so maybe it is lol..... silly me.

top topics

join