It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 elitest escape plan involving Branson Galactic project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
An intrigueing blog on the above mentioned subject:

oracle2012.blogspot.com...

The company that is mentioned in the article (astrium) is also very interesting to look at.

This is a quote on the article taken from Richard Branson's Keynote speech:

So before Burt and I unveil WhiteKnightTwo and SpaceShipTwo, and Burt tells you about how this technology will work, I would like to take a few minutes to talk about why I consider space to be the final frontier that is so essential to the future of civilization on this planet. It was Stephen Hawking who first got me thinking about this issue, when he explained clearly and concisely to the BBC that mankind had no option but to get to space as quickly as possible and start doing things up there that we have been doing on planet Earth, but in a much more efficient manner. Our population is now heading to 9 billion people by the middle of this century -- that’s three times more than when I was born. With the end of the oil era approaching, and climate change progressing faster than most models have been predicting, the utilisation of space is essential not only for communications but also for the logistics of survival

And the logo for the Virgin project is pretty strange too...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The linked blog doesn't get around to mentioning how, exactly, Virgin Galactic and/or EADS Astrium plan on using their spacecraft to "escape" anything. Virgin Galactic's White Knight 2 and EADS Astrium's still-officially-unnamed space plane are both sub-orbital; neither will spend more than a few minutes in space before re-entering the Earth's atmosphere.

There have only been 477 humans who have traveled into space since Gagarin; the idea that these "elites" (whoever they are) are suddenly and miraculously going to escape Earth in massive numbers sometime in the next 4 years is ridiculous.

NOTE: Edited because, apparently, I couldn't be bothered to close my HTML tags...

[edit on 20-5-2008 by PhloydPhan]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The article is discussing whether the technology that Branson and others are developing all of a sudden, i.e. the billions of dollars in combined R&D could have a possibility of being applied to other things. I dont think its any thing that should be shot down and dismissed so quickly.

The article doesnt at all state that the crafts that are currently being built or have already been built will be used for this purpose.. that would be outlandish.

I think the article is significant with regards to the fact that Branson is acknowledging that space travel is the key to our cultures survival, I think its a pretty scary NWO style keynote speech also.

new topics

join