It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can no one prove a Masonic conspiracy?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
PINOCCHIO SAYS:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

What does your post have to do with the Original Post or the topic?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Conspiracy my dear Augustus... conspiracy....

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

What is the conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I say this with all sincerity. I am not trying to be insulting. Do you take...recreational substances...or are you otherwise under the care of a mental health professional? Again, I am NOT trying in any way to be offensive, I am just trying to judge how to put in context your posts. They are very difficult to understand.
edit on 1-1-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney

I say this with all sincerity. I am not trying to be insulting. Do you take...recreational substances...or are you otherwise under the care of a mental health professional? Again, I am NOT trying in any way to be offensive, I am just trying to judge how to put in context your posts. They are very difficult to understand.
edit on 1-1-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

No Recreational Substances... But I Do Drink Coffee.
And No Offense Taken.

My posts really do stir up complexity??? really???
I always try to put it mildly and sympathetically like A Fellowcraftsmen.

edit on 2-1-2013 by Pinocchio because: Pinocchio Cares...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What is the conspiracy?

The Conspiracy is no one believes you're a simple but intellectual folk. Hence they concoct and try to concoct.
BUT... But the conspiracy is one 3 for joining... and two 3s for service rendered.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The Conspiracy is no one believes you're a simple but intellectual folk. Hence they concoct and try to concoct.
BUT... But the conspiracy is one 3 for joining... and two 3s for service rendered.

You referenced 33 which is only relevant if one happen to join the Scottish Rite which the majority of Masons do not join.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You referenced 33 which is only relevant if one happen to join the Scottish Rite which the majority of Masons do not join.

Yes... I did. Moreso I duly make note of your post. I had not thought that before. TY

AND! And its Pinocchio... what do you expect???

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I Think I've Made A Connection....
Scottish Rite Freemasonry...
Scott-Free... American Dream!
And The Usurpation Of The Freemarket By "SCOTTRADE"

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Why can no one prove a Masonic conspiracy?

Well maybe because you do not let anyone!

I feel like your title and words suggest that you are in a way challenging people to come forth and try so you can knock the theories down. This is not even a discussion thread it is calling out for let's all argue. And another thing this is an internet based discussion where people tend to use simple and short words to make it more friendly and easier so amidst your arguments using giant big words just makes people feel even more disconnected and not relate to you at all. It all sounds highly pompous and trying too hard. Seriously nobody speaks like that on a discussion board. Wait some did.. they were all hoaxers and fraudsters and got kicked out.

Anyway if you have something to present about your beliefs and about masonry I would be happy to read it. Because I have seen you make good points before. But all this ..nah not good.

edit on 23/10/12 by Grey_Mysterio because: I am a coffee drinker too...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey_Mysterio

You must realize that this topic is more important to Masons than most non-Masons understand.

Our Craft is slowly dying - largely because of misinformation and conspiracy theories that make people not want to join the Order.

There are some Masons, like the ones who have posted in this thread, who have a deep love of the Order and a real interest in reviving it and keeping it alive and thriving. If we can understand why people blindly believe the misinformation about Freemasonry, and can determine how to counter such fanatic anti-Masonic sentiment, we will be in a stronger position to revive the Order to it's full glory.

In my opinion as a Mason, and knowing where the OP is coming from, I believe that AugustusMasonicus is actually seeking answers, rather than simply challenging anti-Masons to a war of words.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Mysterio

Am I preventing you from presenting evidence of any conspiracy which you feel is taking place?

I feel like your title and words suggest that you are in a way challenging people to come forth and try so you can knock the theories down.

It is a challenge to come forth and discuss your theory. I know there is no conspiracy, but if you feel there is one then present the evidence so we can all discuss this openly.

And another thing this is an internet based discussion where people tend to use simple and short words to make it more friendly and easier so amidst your arguments using giant big words just makes people feel even more disconnected and not relate to you at all.

I am not going to apologize for using proper grammar and syntax. If people feel 'disconnected' due to the verbage and vocabulary I use then maybe they should 'connect' themselves to a dictionary. If posters feel the need to communicate with emoticons and text message short hand I am not here to prevent them from doing such but I have no desire to drop to that level of laziness.

It all sounds highly pompous and trying too hard. Seriously nobody speaks like that on a discussion board. Wait some did.. they were all hoaxers and fraudsters and got kicked out.

Yet hear I and my thread are, five years later, and neither one has been 'kicked out'.

Anyway if you have something to present about your beliefs and about masonry I would be happy to read it. Because I have seen you make good points before.

I do not post random thoughts about topics. If you are interested in any of my positions feel free to ask my specifics and I will accomodate you the best I can.

edit on 7-1-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer which is also not a Masonic conspiracy

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

We Masons are only pointing out the truth and facts of the matter. If they contradict a conspiracy theory it's not our fault.

So you're getting mad for having an intelligent discussion? Really?

Seriously nobody speaks like that on a discussion board. Wait some did.. they were all hoaxers and fraudsters and got kicked out.

Well most of us having never broken any serious rules. Last time I checked, using big words doesn't violate the T&C.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I do get your sentiment and i only wish the OP would use a similar tone as yours and put it like you did.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Am I preventing you from presenting evidence of any conspiracy which you feel is taking place?

I feel like your title and words suggest that you are in a way challenging people to come forth and try so you can knock the theories down.

It is a challenge to come forth and discuss your theory. I know there is no conspiracy, but if you feel there is one then present the evidence so we can all discuss this openly.

And another thing this is an internet based discussion where people tend to use simple and short words to make it more friendly and easier so amidst your arguments using giant big words just makes people feel even more disconnected and not relate to you at all.

I am not going to apologize for using proper grammar and syntax. If people feel 'disconnected' due to the verbage and vocabulary I use then maybe they should 'connect' themselves to a dictionary. If posters feel the need to communicate with emoticons and text message short hand I am not here to prevent them from doing such but I have no desire to drop to that level of laziness.

It all sounds highly pompous and trying too hard. Seriously nobody speaks like that on a discussion board. Wait some did.. they were all hoaxers and fraudsters and got kicked out.

Yet hear I and my thread are, five years later, and neither one has been 'kicked out'.

Anyway if you have something to present about your beliefs and about masonry I would be happy to read it. Because I have seen you make good points before.

I do not post random thoughts about topics. If you are interested in any of my positions feel free to ask my specifics and I will accomodate you the best I can.

edit on 7-1-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer which is also not a Masonic
conspiracy

Errr no.. i do not have any conspiracies against or in favor of Masons. I am actually quite fond of the idea and often thought about being a part of it. But of course i have read countless materials about its links to illuminati, satanic groups, pedo groups etc or on the good side charities or people who join up expecting to part take in cult like activities being disappointed when they realise there is no agenda. Still i was enjoying Ladyk's symbolism thread where you kept challenging the poster. Then i seen this thread so i commented... But not that i have a conspiracy. But i am right in saying 'you wont let anyone'. But once again that anyone isnt me.

Verbage..! There you go again hehe. Synatax is best kept talking about syntax error when it comes to c++ programming. I am not saying you are a hoaxer. I am just saying there were people who spoke like that (if you remember sleeper... I think?) But they were out to mislead. The issue i raised was if you do not want connect with anyone then you can speak in that manner but that is seperating the non masons from the masons and saying we are all high and mighty from you guys. But just as an employer would be to his employees, teacher to students, president to citizens and just generally how people try and match each others wave length i think would greatly benefit if you are in favour of making people aware of the positive nature of the masons. Having a good command of the english language is admirable but using it to alienate people they may percieve it in the wrong way and hence assosciate with the masons if you get what i mean. As it is late i am tired and probably blabbing but i started replying so.might as well finish it.

Anyway i did not say post random thoughts. I would like to hear your take on the masons. Your story of its origins and how these misconseptions were formed etc. It would also be good to hear about personal experiences as a mason as well. Now that in my opinion would make a very good read and educate interested people. We always get masonic conspiracy thread so why not the other way around.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

We Masons are only pointing out the truth and facts of the matter. If they contradict a conspiracy theory it's not our fault.

So you're getting mad for having an intelligent discussion? Really?

Seriously nobody speaks like that on a discussion board. Wait some did.. they were all hoaxers and fraudsters and got kicked out.

Well most of us having never broken any serious rules. Last time I checked, using big words doesn't violate the T&C.

Like i was saying ... I want an intelligent discussion. I want to know more as i am interested in the masons. But this so called intelligent debate is not happening and will not with this approach or manner. Hence i was trying to somehow convey with some frusturation, a bit of plea and some other mixed emotions to steer this into that direction!!!!

And that i was saying there were a bunch of hoaxers probably kids messing around here to poke fun who were capable of using big words to draw attention (mainly to impersonate high ranking officials, scientists, etc)to their made up alien conspiracies. Anyway at the start of the thread there was this big word war between augustus and fire dude which were nothing more than a synonyms fight. Using a lot of synonyms for simple words does not bring about any difference to the cause. It is a form of window dressing... Like the rant i said in the previous post about the whole alienating process by way suggesting superiority. The only place i found for words like that were when i did my MBA for projects/essays and when i did an advanced literature course where they teach you 8 to 9 synonyms for a word. I am left handed person and i know many words to say it in. But it would make sense to say lefty to people as opposed to morganatic. Even at work while dealing with clients or subordinates or even superiors i have been told to communicate in a simple or common manner and not dress it up for no reason.

Anyway mate, i have a feeling you might take what i am saying in the wrong way. Not my intention. I will be happy if someone gets what i am trying to say. And Augustus is certainly a very wise chap there is no denying that.

Thats it... I must retire to bed now.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

But of course i have read countless materials about its links to illuminati, satanic groups, pedo groups etc...

All of which is referenced in the Original Post and all of which continues to be unsubstantiated.

...or on the good side charities or people who join up expecting to part take in cult like activities being disappointed when they realise there is no agenda.

Which is a much more likely outcome than that of any of the possibilities you mentioned above.

Still i was enjoying Ladyk's symbolism thread where you kept challenging the poster.

And considering she ignored any corrections to her agenda-driven thread did you find the challenges unwarranted and if so, why?

Verbage..! There you go again hehe. Synatax is best kept talking about syntax error when it comes to c++ programming. I am not saying you are a hoaxer. I am just saying there were people who spoke like that (if you remember sleeper... I think?) But they were out to mislead.

I have no clue who sleeper is, nor do I care. I am confused that the first thing you think of someone who opts to use proper grammar and syntax is 'hoaxer'. I happen to have written this way since I was young, if people find it not to their liking so be it.

Having a good command of the english language is admirable but using it to alienate people they may percieve it in the wrong way and hence assosciate with the masons if you get what i mean.

No, I do not get what you mean. I use language to convey a point. This is a discussion board, not a text message chat between two prepubescent children (hopefully). If people feel alienated by language then they need to educate themselves.

I would like to hear your take on the masons.

While this is not the topic of the thread I will answer specifics as long as it does not take us too far off topic.

What specifically do you want me to answer?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Anyway at the start of the thread there was this big word war between augustus and fire dude which were nothing more than a synonyms fight.

I found Terry (fire-in-the-minds-of-men) to be a very worthy debator and someone who has earned my repsect.

It should also be known that he is a published author and an exceptional writer.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

So Augustus came out with this thread, but what's it compared to the countless threads by anti-Masons that disregard all thought of intelligence or civil discussion.

As for the use of big words, Augustus is an intelligent person, but as to the argument, that was not my fight and I am not digging back to look at it...I have a test tomorrow and I'm just taking a break from the studying.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join