Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why can no one prove a Masonic conspiracy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's kind of hard not believing in a conspiracy when you guys leave things like this laying around.

i181.photobucket.com...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
It's kind of hard not believing in a conspiracy when you guys leave things like this laying around.

i181.photobucket.com...

What is it?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

Freemasonry has certainly utilized the symbol of the obelisk in its masonic art, aprons, and degree certificates, etc., since the love affair with everything Egyptian began in the 18th century.

Actually, long before that.

The Regius poem, dated circa 1390 A.D., is the Craft's oldest known document. It states, in part:

On this manner, through good wit of geometry,
Began first the craft of masonry;
The clerk Euclid on this wise it found,
This craft of geometry in Egypt land.
In Egypt he taught it full wide,

In divers lands on every side;
Many years afterwards, I understand,
Ere that the craft came into this land.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

A brail inscription so blind people can read what is on the Masonic Cornerstone? ........

Big conspiracy there..

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

i181.photobucket.com...

What in that image indicates "CONSPIRACY!!!!!" to you?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Interesting. Is that poem cited in Jasper Ridley's book? How bout David Stevenson?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men
reply to post by JoshNorton

Really though, you guys have the most petty fights I've ever witnessed. "We hereby declare your enterprise irregular sir." Huh, why's that, bro? "Cause you've gone and acknowledged an irregular and 'unrecognized' Masonic organization in Louisiana." Uhh Ohh.

"OK, then. Strike them from the fold. They be irregulars from now on!"
It's more like one group says Masons can't be atheists and the other wants to admit atheists. And the first group wants to remain a society of men, while the second wants to admit women. Both of these issues are fundamental to the Ancient Landmarks of Freemasonry.

If wars have been fought over differences of religion, how can you call a disagreement between theism and atheism "petty"?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Justme I forgot about

Gosh! First you tell me that you'd rather go to hell than be in heaven with me (on that other thread) and now I'm not memorable enough to even remember! I'm starting to get a complex here, Brother! (just kidding)

Anyway... I've certainly made no secret about my Masonic affiliation... heck it's in my Avatar, plain to see. I don't know why the poster that Rockpuck was responding to thinks he made some great "discovery" there.

I'm starting to think I'll just voluntarily ignore the Secret Societies forum. It's become a cesspool with one or two people and their hordes of sock puppets posting garbage over and over, with no real discussion.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by JustMe74]

Cug

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Really though, you guys have the most petty fights I've ever witnessed.

You should hang out in occult circles if you really want to see petty fights

Anyway your post supports the case that there is no Masonic conspiracy. If they can't control the offshoot/fake/irregular/clandestine orders I'd say they would have a whole heap of problems controlling the world.

::Edited because I can't spell today::

[edit on 5/21/2008 by Cug]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
obelisk.
Not used or mentioned in the ritual for the blue lodge.
Not used or mentioned in the York Rite
Not used or mentioned in the Scottish Rite.

Could had been use ease where? Yes acourse. In the time frame Mackey was writting there was a great excitement about things egyption.
There were also a lot of groups forming that claimed to be masonic. Most have died away and have left little of thier ritual behind. The rules of who can claim to be a mason has gone through a great deal of change in the past 300 years are so. Grand Lodges have agued with each other as to who is Legit and who wasn't. Most of this has been worked out, but then there is France,which can't seem to work it out between themselves. This is why no one mason can speak for all masons

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

And France has a deep fascination with all things Egypt since the days of Napoleon. It was the French who brought back the obelisks and pyramids.. I would not be surprised at all if French Masonry incorporated an obelisk into their ritual. Masonic practices do differ through various cultures.

Of course, I am still awaiting the conspiracy in regards to Greco/Roman pillars.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

And what does the cornerstone say?

Who are the people of 2094?

Why does your organization want a "New World Airport" Comission?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
If wars have been fought over differences of religion, how can you call a disagreement between theism and atheism "petty"?

Good point. Seems everyone has and still is fighting over the same thing.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I am not sure, but I think they also put a time capsle in the cornor stone of the airport. If so, these tend to be open every 100 years, thus to the people of 2094

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Thats the way In understand it, the cornerstone was laid in 1994.

So how does a time capsule work?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
If they can't control the offshoot/fake/irregular/clandestine orders I'd say they would have a whole heap of problems controlling the world.

Someone would have to be a doofus to claim such monolithic nonsense. Seriously. And I'm speaking from the perspective of a confirmed conspiracy theorist, whose on the so-called "Anti-Masons named" list, and who founded, manages, and writes for a heavily-trafficked conspiracy site.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Thats the way In understand it, the cornerstone was laid in 1994.

So how does a time capsule work?

They probably put all kinds of items from the early 90's. It is then opened 100 years later to show the people of 2094 how the people of 1994 lived.

Pretty neat, I would love to be there when they open it lol..

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well they have been laying capsules all over, they just recently laid one at NORTHCOM.

Why the sudden interest in people in a hundred years?

link   

Originally posted by JustMe74
I don't know why the poster that Rockpuck was responding to thinks he made some great "discovery" there.

Discovery, by definition, means to find something previously unknown. I previously had not known you even existed let alone the fact that you are indeed a mason. So, yes, for me - as you say - it was a discovery.

I wouldn't say a particularly "great" one though. But at least no one can claim I'm lazy, or that I don't put the effort into "discovering" things for myself.

link   
reply to post by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

"Masons may very well come here individually, but once they find out who's who, the fellow "joiners" congregate into a posse."

My question to you is if you were in a room of 2000 people at a republican convention (it could happen) and you found 10 conspiracy theorists, would you hang with them or go out on your own?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join