It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can no one prove a Masonic conspiracy?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I'm somewhat disappointed here. So far, I've considered you a studious and honest researcher, and the above potshots and name-calling are far beneath the dignity and intelligence of your previous posts.
No, he has a history of stooping to insults. He also has a BAD history of wanting "specific" information, then balking that whatever you give him isn't specific enough. Then, when you ask HIM for specific examples, he deflects the call for proof back against you.

I've seen him do it in at least 3 threads... Recognizable defense tactic.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

Hello fire-in-the-minds. I was wondering if you can answer my question to you on page 18 near the bottom. It is about cronyism and masons. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Looks like your temper is showing. Again.

I am not here to fulfill your personal desires to take pot shots and run away when someone reveals what your doing. I have an entire book shelf of people that hold views in some part opposite of the quotes Pike and Hall are so oft taken out of context on. They are very easy to find. But since you've been so unable to play nice - with anyone - no free work for you. Do it yourself.

As Josh already pointed out, I could indeed spend an hour giving you all the information you ask for. Then you'd trot in, proclaim its not specific enough, and then run when I ask you for specific examples on your side. You've done this deflection tactic enough that I'm not falling for it again.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

I understand.

You can't back up your statements with a tangible list.

You feign a scholarly tone (and brag to high heaven) and yet you can't even be specific. Now is your chance to shine and educate the mindless masses which you think are and deserve to be below you.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

There you go again defending a fellow joiner.

Big surprise.

Am I supposed to be insulted by your post? Well, I certainly insulted Pike and Hall, and will do it again just for kicks!

Has the fellow-joiner gotten enough backup from his fellow-joiners? My guess is, no. The gang of fellow-joiners - you know the one that controls the flow of information on the Secret Societies board - will all congregate and descend upon the thread; anything to defend a fellow-joiner.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

No, I'm just as annoyed by Light bickering about you as I am with you bickering about him. I've been tempted to add both of you to my ignore lists. The reason I haven't ignored you is because you do seem to have good information to share on the Bavarian Illuminati, and that's a subject I, myself, don't know many facts on. It is in that subject in particular that you have shown great expertise. But many of your posts on Masonry in general, and more specifically regarding Masonry today are lacking. That's understandable, as they're admittedly not your primary focus of research.

It's a shame that you're not as open to learning about contemporary Masonry from current Masons, as some of them are willing to learn about the Bavarian Illuminati from you. That dialogue would, I feel, be beneficial to all parties involved.

If someone here were to challenge you on your Bavarian Illuminati knowledge, you'd certainly be within rights to take a defensive stance. But you have to understand that as active Masons, some of the people who participate in this forum will be defensive when you post things that they know to be not true. I respect your position as a historian, but reserve the right to call you a dolt if you make assumptions about what goes on in a lodge today.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This would be amusing if it weren't so sad. You have yet to provide any evidence for any of the populist, anti-mason propaganda that you've stated before.

I understand.

You can't back up your statements with any evidence. You prefer to hound people for theirs and then claim its not evidence. We're still waiting on your peer reviewed articles to support your argument. Heck, if you can provide even 1 I'll proclaim you be the best Anti-Mason ever (as this would be a first). However...I think we'll be waiting for a while.

Its funny that you proclaim people "joiners," when you are a member of one of the easiest to join groups in history - anti-masonry. You guys need each other to gang up on masons and use your deflective tactics effectively, doing it alone (as you've found) makes it pretty easy to dismiss you - but in groups, as you've been doing lately, it works better.

Welcome to the ignore list. I originally thought you would be an actual researcher, someone who actually looked into what they said, and who would be willing to have a conversation. Instead, what you've shown is you just want to opine on masonry, insult those who disagree with you, and completely avoid presenting any evidence. Its a shame.

Given some of the people that post on ATS, its shocking I've never had to ignore anyone else before. Your the first - congrats!

[edit on 10-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I don't like Light. Period. I hate his f-ing guts. Period. He antagonizes me on purpose.

That's all.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
But you have to understand that as active Masons, some of the people who participate in this forum will be defensive when you post things that they know to be not true.

Appoint a spokesman. I joke not.

The problem is there's wayyyy toooo many of you. You all feel it's your right to debunk and attack, but when you do it in a gang, then it IS equivalent to bullying.

One ostensible "anti-mason" posts something; 3 surround him and slam him; he posts again (once); and other 4 jump in. You see the problem?

Haven't you all been warned before by the CEO? He was talking about you guys ... not "anti-masons".

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men
Appoint a spokesman. I joke not.

The problem is there's wayyyy toooo many of you. You all feel it's your right to debunk and attack, but when you do it in a gang, then it IS equivalent to bullying.

One ostensible "anti-mason" posts something; 3 surround him and slam him; he posts again (once); and other 4 jump in. You see the problem?

Haven't you all been warned before by the CEO? He was talking about you guys ... not "anti-masons".
*shrug* The anti-masons gave as good as they got in that thread, IIRC. I know you're sick of hearing it, but no one speaks for Masonry, so that applies to assigning a spokesman too. We're each individuals, with our own opinions and personalities. ALightinDarkness antagonizes you, fine, ignore each other. When I first came on this board I didn't particularly agree with rockpuck's posting style, even though he and I are supposed to be on the same side. He's from Ohio, I'm from Texas. We still manage to get along OK.

Some people are going to be more eloquent than others. Some will continually use "your" when they mean "you're". Some will start every other sentence with "Man..." It takes all types, and we've all got the same right to be here, so long as we stick to the ToC.

There aren't any organized gangups. Perhaps there were in the past, the CEO's post was before I was active here. I can say that the whole population seems to shift over time one way or another... People post in spurts then go away for awhile for whatever reason. I'll probably lose interest here myself when I find something better to do with my spare time. But for now I'm here. Trying to follow reason; trying to deny ignorance; and trying to learn new things where I can.

It's the best any of us can hope for.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

No we just choose to show the "anti-mason" where he/she is wrong and knows little information on the matter or subject. Deny ignorance anyone?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This'll only work if all other groups on this board also have to elect spokepeople. Anytime a Christian, Evolution, Atheists, Creationism, ect, ect, ect. thread is posted you get those people coming in to make comments.
Which would mean we'd have maybe three, four replies to any thread. Yes, when one person posts something about Masonry, many Masons reply, but it's the same with just about any thread detailing a particular group, and the individual feedback from each person is what counts, because points of view differ, knowledge differs, and attitudes differ.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sorry, but am I the only one who finds Terry hilarious? I think everyone just needs to relax a bit, here.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I find it quite telling that truly committed Christians bail out of the Masons when they reach the higher levels. If it was just a bunch of "good ole boys getting together to do good", why would they leave? Granted, that's just anecdotal evidence.

Go the the headquarters of the Masons in the United States, and take a look at who is on the wall in portrait form. That should tell you who the Masons hold in high regard, and who they think are "authentic" masons.

Another random thought: I think the "pro-masons" sometimes get the arguments of the "anti-masons" confused. "Pro-mason" sees everybody in his local lodge just being buddies, doing good works, making networking connections ,etc, and goes "How can anyone say this is evil?". Not realizing that the "anti-mason" people are saying that it is the LEADERSHIP of the masons that are the "evil doers".

Sometimes, the simplest quests yield the greatest rewards. Why have secrets if there is nothing to hide?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
I find it quite telling that truly committed Christians bail out of the Masons when they reach the higher levels. If it was just a bunch of "good ole boys getting together to do good", why would they leave? Granted, that's just anecdotal evidence.
Actually, there are some appendant Masonic degrees I can't receive because I'm not Christian...

Go the the headquarters of the Masons in the United States, and take a look at who is on the wall in portrait form. That should tell you who the Masons hold in high regard, and who they think are "authentic" masons.
Except there's no such place as a U.S. Masonic headquarters. So if you have an imagination that good, I'm sure you can see any portrait you like!

Another random thought: I think the "pro-masons" sometimes get the arguments of the "anti-masons" confused. "Pro-mason" sees everybody in his local lodge just being buddies, doing good works, making networking connections ,etc, and goes "How can anyone say this is evil?". Not realizing that the "anti-mason" people are saying that it is the LEADERSHIP of the masons that are the "evil doers".
And who is this LEADERSHIP exactly? There are at least 51 Grand Lodges in the US alone, each lead by an elected Grand Master who serves a one year term. There's no larger Masonic organization that any of these Grand Lodges owe allegiance to.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Be prepared to get ganged up on.

Let me know if you need help.

Anything for a fellow-non-joiner.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

A good, more us against them terminology, I had high hopes for you.
Sir Chancealot, you wouldn't have happened to have gone to a Catholic school at some point would you? I had a friend from Middle school to High School who's first name was Chancelot, and we used to jokingly call him Sir Chancelot Williams.

Look, Fire in the Minds, if you believe ATS should be mandate dso that only one spokesperson from each group is allowed to speak, then start a thread about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Fire, do you really want to help attempt to prove that there is a 'Headquarters of the Masons of the United States'?

Your knowledge and accumen lie elsewhere and I find it oddly telling that you are willing to link yourself with someone, who I am fairly certain, you know to be incorrect.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Fire, do you really want to help attempt to prove that there is a 'Headquarters of the Masons of the United States'?

Your knowledge and accumen lie elsewhere and I find it oddly telling that you are willing to link yourself with someone, who I am fairly certain, you know to be incorrect.

You guys have no sense of humour AT ALL!

My "fellow-non-joiner" ... come on! that's hilarious! because I just got finished calling you guys "fellow-joiners."

As far as the headquarters he speaks of, I'm pretty sure he meant the House of the Temple in DC. The long hallway that has all the past greats of the Scottish Rite.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men
You guys have no sense of humour AT ALL!

It is true, most Masons are devoid of humor..............Rockpuck proves that point.

As far as the headquarters he speaks of, I'm pretty sure he meant the House of the Temple in DC.

I am fairly sure that was what he meant as well, it is not, for the edification of others, the Headquarters of Freemasonry in the United States.

The long hallway that has all the past greats of the Scottish Rite.

Even the 'fat guy' whom you love so much?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join