It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can no one prove a Masonic conspiracy?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

I would like to check out some of the different Bibles and stuff you guys have. Also if I approached a master mason or any mason at their lodge, wouldn't they just turn me away?

If you approached them with anti-Masonic stuff, probably so. The fact is, most Masons don't even know there is such thing as anti-Masonry, and assume that everybody likes the Order.

Does the skull and bones belong to masonry or is that a different bunch all together?

The Skull and Bones is a college fraternity at Yale University. It has no connection to Masonry.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Does the skull and bones belong to masonry or is that a different bunch all together?

The Skull and Bones is a college fraternity at Yale University. It has no connection to Masonry.

Sure Chapter 322 is not connected to Freemasonry, but Skull and Bones is much more than a mere college fraternity. It's a true secret society in strictest sense. "Fraternity," to them, is only a means of indoctrination; it facilitates the perpetuation of power.

Yale is where they recruit. If you are one of the 15 tapped to join the Order of Death each year, you instantly become a part of the Eastern Establishment (should you indeed desire that direction in life). You're a "made man," so to speak.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Skull and Bones you have to be recruited. Does their method of recruitment involve blood lines and such like the illuminatti? and don't most skull and bonesman go on to be illuminatti?

Has Illuminatti ever been involved with Freemasonry?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Skull and Bones you have to be recruited. Does their method of recruitment involve blood lines and such like the illuminatti? and don't most skull and bonesman go on to be illuminatti?

It is a senior society. They select 15 seniors per year to join. It used to be male-only, but they are now co-ed.

While generational issues do seem to come into play, it isn't necessarily so. Technically, they are a debating club, so they seek out the best debaters. However, in large part, it has evolved into a good ole boys club, and they usually tap the wealthiest along with those who make the best grades.

The Illuminati were a liberal Enlightenment society in 18th century Germany. They have no relations with the Yale fraternity.

Technically no, although a lot of the Illuminati members were also Masons.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yes, bloodlines - very much so. Lately, however, those familial ties have extended (beyond the old WASP guard) to other races: Asians, Jews and others - even woman.

"Illuminati" doesn't even have a definitive meaning anymore. If by "Illuminati" you mean the top echelon of the elite - yes, Skull and Bones members move on to bigger and better things; they cavort with the likes of the Pilgrims Society, and the lifers in the Bohemian Club, the CFR, the Trilateral Commission and the Bilderberg Group. If by "Illuminati" you mean those fellows - yes. Skull and Bones is quite at home in that company.

But if you mean a continuous group of conspirators who trace their pedigree back to Adam Weishaupt et al - no, there's no evidence of it. One can theorize, even wish or insist that it might be so, but no one has ever proved it.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So can any of you Free masons expound on the Bohemian Club and their secret society? The Eastern Star, Female Masons? Babalon Society?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The Illuminati were a liberal Enlightenment society in 18th century Germany. They have no relations with the Yale fraternity.

Technically no, although a lot of the Illuminati members were also Masons.

I have to nitpick here.

The Illuminati not only had members who were Freemasons; the Illuminati were parasitic by nature, used Masonry as dupes, controlled Lodges, founded Lodges, stole their money and recruits - basically made Masonry look like fools. And the subjugation was planned and calculated. Derision and laughter at Masonry's expense was the order of the day.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So can any of you Free masons expound on the Bohemian Club

Not a Freemason, but I can answer. Yes.

In fact, the former Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, Henry C. Clausen, 33°, was a frequent attendee at the Bohemian Grove as well as a longstanding member of the Bohemian Club proper.

[EDIT: I thought you meant "can a mason be a member of the Bohemian Club?" ...thus my response]

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't want to take away from the discussion about masonic conspiracies, but I was curious about these other societies functions and what if any connection they might have to freemasonry.

Also a nother question more related to masonry, can you guys give me some broad examples of what public services you provide the community and also your connections with politics and different campaigns you have dealt with in masonry? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Also a nother question more related to masonry, can you guys give me some broad examples of what public services you provide the community and also your connections with politics and different campaigns you have dealt with in masonry? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

That is going to vary from lodge to lodge (the charity part), so I can only speak for mine. Mine focuses on the masonic children's home. Its a orphan home that requires no masonic relation to get into, and it provides an extremely high level of service and the staff are are excellent (they do far more for the kids than any state run organization I've ever seen). What that involves is basically raising money for them and donating it, and also going down there to volunteer.

In any UGLE lodge there are no connections to politics or any political campaign. Theres another thread here I recently responded to where I went into this in detail, but basically - there is no politics in the lodge. We might talk about it as individuals, but never as part of the organization. In my lodge we have everything from anarchists to communists, so we wouldn't be able to agree on anything to do even if we could.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Also another question more related to masonry, can you guys give me some broad examples of what public services you provide the community

Our lodge supports (financial and logistically) a local children's softball team for physically disabled kids. We also donate/raise money for food shelters in our area and the Boys & Girls club. Other local lodges in our district work with the YWCA, local hospitals, and a variety of other charities.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Do you have to be invited by a mason to become a Mason, or could you just ask to be one??

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Do you have to be invited by a mason to become a Mason, or could you just ask to be one??

Traditionally we do not solicit membership, so one MUST ask a Freemason to become one.

However, some Grand Jurisdictions have lifted this rule and allow solicitation. There are conflicting views of this issue. I, personally, am against it and never solicit anyone to join. Despite this, I have had several dozen friends and acquaintances ask me to join over the years and many of them have gone on to become good Masons.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

While as a Mason you could solicit a person to join this is not considered aceptable or even desired. An individual must come to Masonry of their own accord and with the desire for self-betterment and without mercenary motives. I typically will discuss Masonry with an interested party and wait for them to ask me about membership, it also gives me an opportunity to determine if they are a person of good moral and social standing and would fully appreciate what Masonry has to offer.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thank you for both of your replys. I was sincerely interested in trying to become a Mason, not because I have any hidden agenda, but ti seems like a good community of members dedicated to self-improvement-through-philosophy.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

You may want to attend a open house if a lodge in your area is conducting one. If not take the first step and contact your states Grand Lodge or the secretary of your local lodge and ask for a tour. Every Mason I know is more then happy to discuss the Fraternity with an interested party and to answer all questions that we can.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Don't get the wrong idea here. Although freemasonry has been very generous to many non-masonic charities over the years this is a by-product of the masonic lessons taught in the lodge rather than an end in itself. Freemasonry does not exist to give money to charity in the same way that other organizations do.

Individual freemasons are exhorted, right from the initiation ceremony, to support others in need in any way they can. This will certainly manifest itself in donations to charities, but it is just as likely to be non-financial support or even just random acts of kindness that leaves the world in some small way a better place.

So, to answer your questions, Grand Lodges may from time to time make donations to needy causes (check out www.grandcharity.org... to see what English freemasons have been up to recently) but would never get involved in a specific charity or "public works". There are no connections with politics in any way, indeed regular Grand Lodges are constitutionally banned from such activities.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

I have to nitpick here.

The Illuminati not only had members who were Freemasons; the Illuminati were parasitic by nature, used Masonry as dupes, controlled Lodges, founded Lodges, stole their money and recruits - basically made Masonry look like fools. And the subjugation was planned and calculated. Derision and laughter at Masonry's expense was the order of the day.

I have to disagree with the above. Weishaupt himself apparently became a Mason in the hope that he could recruit Illuminati members from the local Lodges. In large part this proved to be a failure.

However, other Illuminati members (Von Knigge, Goethe, etc.) were already Masons before the Illuminati even existed, and remained Masons long after the Illuminati ended, having always held profound respect for the Craft.

Indeed, Goethe's last words were "More Light!"

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

I have to nitpick here.

I have to disagree with the above. Weishaupt himself apparently became a Mason in the hope that he could recruit Illuminati members from the local Lodges. In large part this proved to be a failure.

However, other Illuminati members (Von Knigge, Goethe, etc.) were already Masons before the Illuminati even existed, and remained Masons long after the Illuminati ended, having always held profound respect for the Craft.

Indeed, Goethe's last words were "More Light!"

Disagreement noted; but it's based on considerably less knowledge than I have, and your assumptions are false.

Everything I've stated in my last post in 100% accurate. Read my book when it comes out.

Hell, ConspiracyNut23 has considerable knowledge of the Bavarian Illuminati - if only for the simple fact that he's read and digested the standard work on the Illuminati, Le Forestier's Les illuminés de Bavière et la Franc-Maçonnerie allemande. Ask him. He'll tell ya.

Barring the last two suggestions, you can always wait until I've posted the entire Original Writings of the Illuminati, a project in the works. Then you can read it from them themselves.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

Which assumptions of MasonicLight's post are false? That Weishaupt joined Masonry to recruit for the Illuminati or that it was a failure?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join