It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood UFO experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ok, when I was little, probably between the ages of 7-10, I had a disconcerting experience one night. I was laying in bed at around 2AM, and I looked out the window (I live on the 2nd floor,) and saw this green light outside. It wasn't blinding, but it was bright enough to clearly illuminate our yard, and most of the neighbors. I didn't see any UFO, just the light. It stayed there for about 1 minute, and then there was this huge "whooshing" noise, and it grew dark. I went to bed, and never gave it a second thought, until now. Years later, I still can't think of any explanation for this. I live very close to an airport, by the way, but I can't think of any way an aeroplane or helicopter could make light and noise like that. Your thoughts?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I had almost a similar experience at about the same age ... that is what started it all.
Also from a 2nd floor window... appeared to be a tube/cylinder in mid-air with multiple colors. Of course I am not so sure of what it was but definitely had no wings ...

I can see how you feel about it. You know it was something special but being so young you tend to think what could have been the simplest explanation for it.
Thanks for sharing your experience ...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I had something similar happen, only I was in my 20's. I had really dark curtains up on my bedroom windows, so it stayed dark in my room unless the light was on. Anyhow, one night while I was in bed, I awoke to an intensely bright light that was outside my bedroom window on the 2nd floor. The light was so bright, it made my dark bedroom lite up like it was daylight. At that time, I didn't think to look outside, but I know the light was not coming from anywhere inside. It bothered me that I couldn't figure out what made my room light up so bright like that.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When I was about 8 years old, we lived in a 2nd story dingy duplex... it was awful, but a roof nonetheless... I remember, indeed it was one of my first memories to tell you the truth, going to bed early-ish... probably about 8:30 or 9pm...it was before the time change, as it was still dark, but it was before the end of the school year.... Maybe March?

I digress...

I remember standing in the middle of the room, getting ready for bed... and I completely blacked out... though I was still standing. I remember a silvery light, fairly shimmery, but not "fairy-like", and a fellow - sort of like a man standing under a street light, but without the yellow, and without the infinite “human-ness” of the scenery... just standing. Then suddenly I remember screaming... loudly. I was not a screamer as a kid, so this scared my parents and they did come running. I told them I saw someone out the window, but I knew that was wrong... And yet I still couldn't tell them.

I wonder if the fear of being different strikes as young as 8???? Or was it instinct??

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
child of light, you said that "that's what started it all." what does that mean? we had very similar experinces (sp?), do you think that I could be in for more UFO experinces (sp, lol)?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr. wildflowers
child of light, you said that "that's what started it all." what does that mean? we had very similar experinces (sp?), do you think that I could be in for more UFO experinces (sp, lol)?

It basically means that after that sighting , my interest in such things took off. Before that moment, I did not even think about it but 30 + years later I can remember that sighting like it was just last night.
For some reason , it looked like the event created a waypoint in my memory.
I have a slight feeling that in our lifetime, there could be a repeat sighting for people like you and I.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who's replied with a similar experience, but I still have no idea what to think. Is it possible that there was a UFO outside my window that night? abducting my neighbors, perhaps
?

top topics

join