It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim ex-Army chaplain accused of spying is Obama delegate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Muslim ex-Army chaplain accused of spying is Obama delegate

seattletimes.nwsource.com

A former Army Muslim chaplain at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, who was cleared of spy accusations is now a Democratic National Convention delegate pledged to Sen. Barack Obama.

Former Capt. James J. Yee was among the delegates who were elected by precinct representatives Saturday at the party's 9th Congressional District convention at North Thurston High School.

Others chosen at the gathering were Zach Smith, a former supporter of ex-Sen. John Edwards who is now pledged to Clinton...........
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What other skeletons does Obama have hiding in his closet?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Seriously.... What part of "Cleared of accusations" do you not understand?
And to top it of, the guy apparently spent 76 days in solitary confinement before being cleared of all charges.
How exactly does this in any way incriminate Obama?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This former US Army Muslim Chaplain later went on television in SYRIA to denounce and attack the US military! He spoke of alleged acts of 'mishandling' of the Quran by US military members even though he confessed to having never seen such things with his own eyes. JUST ANOTHER CHAPTER IN THE WONDERFUL HATE AMERICA SCUM THAT SURROUNDS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This just in... George Washington's Father's Friend's Uncle's Grandfather's former lover's ex-boss's teacher, might have been a mass murderer.

I'm getting tired of these retarded attempts to make someone look bad, because of what someone they happened to know did.

It's ridiculous.

I'm willing to bet someone YOU know during your life has committed a crime... should I start warning the authorities?

Shall I?

Doesn't make sense does it?

Neither does this. Ignore this stuff people... it's not worth your time, nor brain power.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

If it walks like a Muslim, and talks like a Muslim...

Seriously... How many suspicious characters does this guy have to have around him before someone wakes up and sees who he is?

Rev Wright meets with Kaddafi and praises Farrakan. Obama meets with Muslim leaders. Obama has a business realtionship with Randy Ares (sic.)
The Chicago slum lord. Hezbolla welcomes Obama's election.

This site LOVES to tie the Bush family to the Bin Laden family, the Nazis and the NWO.

Why not say the same thing about this guy? Who he hangs with, who supports him...this shows who he is.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Cleared of all charges? - read the snippet in full at least.

He was cleared of all charges, but only because the Army conducted the investgation wrong! Can you say OJ?

I thought you could.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So what?!

He knows a few muslims... IS THIS ILLEGAL?

I mean, here Obama is, knowing of a few muslims.... yet, here's Bush WHO KNOWS THE BIN LADEN FAMILY PERSONALLY!

If Bush can stay a president with those kind of ties... then OBAMA IS A SAINT!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Apparently Jexnet, in your quest to try and sound smarter than someone else, you failed to ALSO mention that the article which YOU posted YOURSELF says:

Charges that he possessed classified information were later discounted

Meaning, that he did NOT get off because the military conducted the investigation wrong (even though that did come into account), but the charges were ALSO discounted.

Like I said before, in your world, it would seem that if you're Muslim, you're guilty.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
No dude, you have it all wrong. Bush is friends (as is all the US Government) with the Saudi Oil family, the Bin Ladens. They are not friends with Osama Bin Laden, as he was "disowned" by his own family even before 9/11.

Next, Obama does have assoications with Muslims and it does matter, why? Because these Muslims are radical and thus anit-American!! They speak about and their actions have been related to nothing other than selling out America!

The man is running for President of country he has never liked. He makes over 4 million a year, and meets with those who are at odds with US interests from the past administrations since the first Presidency.

If you live here, get out and take Obama with you.

Again, Bert, you're wrong. The charges were discounted BECAUSE the investigation was conducted wrong (hence, the association with the OJ case which was similar).

[edit on 21-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

If it baas like a sheep and follows the flock...

reply to post by jetxnet

Really? I read the source in full. Can you quote me the passage that details how the US Army "conducted the investigation wrong"?

The author at no point says or insinuates that. What they insinuate is that the confinement during the investigation was, at the very least, seriously questionable. The investigation is never mentioned.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm talking about the same news I posted the other day. The same topic, but from a different news source giving a more detailed account.

See link below from yesterday:

Another News Source with more detail

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The title of this thread is misleading. It should read, "Muslim ex-Army chaplain cleared of spying charges is Obama delegate".

Regardless of your views on the legitimacy of the man's innocence or the character of Muslims in general, you should at least change the title to make it accurate. You can then go on to explain why you think this is a big deal or why this man should rot in jail or hang in your thread.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
And yet another stupid thread about Obama and muslims. He was CLEARED OF ALL SPYING CHARGES! What part of that didn't you get in the article. And so what? Obama can no more control who supports him as those who don't. What is your point with all of this propaganda?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
- Did Obama personally MAKE him a delegate?
- Did Obama force him to pledge his vote?
- Does he even know Obama personally?

Guys...he is a democratic delegate elected by precinct representatives that has decided to vote for Obama. What does his past have to do with Obama? Obama has MANY pledged delegates all with a past of their own...is he responsible for that past, present and any future activities?

Get real, you're reaching.

FYI: Anyone who is a United States citizen that is able to, can vote for Obama.

Anyone.

Why is this even news?

- Lee

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What part don't you understand (see my article source above).

"It was later found that the Army conducted the investigation wrong"

This means, he was cleared, but ONLY BECAUSE the investigation was done incorrectly by the Army leaving technicalities.

In other words, he got of with technicalities, much like OJ.

If you can't read between the lines even that much, it is no wonder you're an Obamabot.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Woah now. There is no need to fling insults. Make your points, with or without facts but leave the petty shots at the door buddy.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine

What other skeletons does Obama have hiding in his closet?

SKELETON?

Why is this guy a skeleton in his closet? The guy is a Democrat and a delegate, he has to vote for somebody!

I must have missed the part where they said they have been life long long friends, meet each other often, are always calling each other on the phone, and go on mysterious vacations oversees!

Or is it because he is a Muslim, which Obama isn't, though he was at one time. So, since Obama WAS a Muslim at one time, he MUST have known this guy for a long time, becuase, WHAT(?), all Muslims know each other?

[edit on 5/21/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
They weren't friends. It just points out that anyone anti-American (in this case a spy) is pro-Obama, much like yourself I presume.

It also denotes a distinct pattern of Muslim radicals supporting Obama (i.e. Hamas, Hezbollah, and now the good Chaplin).

It is radical Islam that the US is fighting right now in Iraq (and Iran by proxy). It is radical Islam that killed 3000 people on 9/11. Don't forget that.

And no, 9/11 wasn't an inside job. It was a radical Islam job.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
What part don't you understand (see my article source above).

"It was later found that the Army conducted the investigation wrong"

This means, he was cleared, but ONLY BECAUSE the investigation was done incorrectly by the Army leaving technicalities.

You are taking the above quote out of context, as well as misquoting it. The quote should read:

Yee, a Muslim chaplain, was arrested and detained in 2003 but later released and given an honorable discharge. Charges that he possessed classified information were later discounted, and an Army investigation later found the military did not follow proper procedures in the case.

It would appear from the article that the Army's bungling of the procedure is what lead to his improper incarceration in the first place. That was not the reason he was cleared. He was cleared because he was innocent.

Please fully read your sources before making bogus threads with bogus claims.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join