It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager faces prosecution for calling Scientology 'cult'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Great find, SystemiK!!!

Hope this can be used by the bloke in England, in his defense...if someone provides a link to him.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I agree, great find systemiK.
Awesome interview with Jason Beghe.
No idea who the guy is, but he's obviously very astute. Great insight into the inside.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Sad to see the Cos go after 15 year old guy.... doesn't suprise me at all.

Scientology is a cult (more like a money making scam dressed up as a cult) that's the only thing one can conclude upon careful inspection of their actions and beliefs.

Go Anons !, keep it up, the Co$ will keep on foot-bulleting themselves with actions such as these.

FLUNK !

edit:i spel gud

[edit on 22-5-2008 by XyZeR]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Scientology is a waste of time, and should be banned. It's a money making scam of the highest order, but if some of that money is being used to help fund those in power, then it seems those in power will use the police to help protect the fraudsters in the first place.

Unfortunately, we live in such a dumb world, that if you accept Jedi Knight's as a bona-fide religion based on numbers of people who claim it these days, you have to accept Scientology too.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia
Unfortunately, we live in such a dumb world, that if you accept Jedi Knight's as a bona-fide religion based on numbers of people who claim it these days, you have to accept Scientology too.

In the USA at least, the Right to worship as you choose is specified in the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land (although you wouldn't know it by the government's violations of the Constitution). Therefore, Scientology cannot be banned outright, but individual members of the "religion" still have to answer for the crimes they commit against the Rights of other Citizens!...At least in theory, when you consider the government's own consistent violations against the Constitution.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's already happened in the US...

During one of the previous Anonymous protest, two were arrested in... South Carolina I believe, Youtube videos document the story and outraged response from the public can also be found there.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

anonymous is alive and well.
and some are on the inside.

This is a wakeup call I'm sure. I will be posting the link to this newstory and see if the troops can rally again.

obviously we are not gone, if a protest was still going on in London.
Its just the western anons who have given up and moved on to more humourous subjects.
[edit for photo]
[edit because embedding the photo didnt work. Linking it is, I guess]

Picture posted for the sign to the far right.
A cult is a cult is a cult, no matter how you hide it.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by BiohazardsBack]

[edit on 22-5-2008 by BiohazardsBack]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Scientology is indeed a Cult!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

everyone should visit Operation Clambake to get the real truth about the so-called Church of Scientology....

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Facing prosecution for calling an religious organization a cult? Whatever happened to free speech and being allowed opinions? The government should check the situation and the act on the outcome!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

A women in America lost her job over bumperstickers about pedophiles, so if that can happen in America I suppose you could be arrested for a bumpersticker in New Zealand

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I used to go to "This Is London" message boards. Havn't been there in quit a while, so thought I would go there to see whqt folks are saying about this. Here is what I got:

"This is London's message boards are now closed."

So it seems that freedom of speech is being cancelled over there.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
After reading the OP, I thought to myself that there must be more to it than just what was stated, but after reading the entire article, I am flabbergasted. He was indeed issued a court summons just for having the word "cult" on his placard.

Now, this was after a warning that the use of that word to describe the CULT was not allowed, but still?!?!?! How can they ban the use of a common english language word? I could understand it if the word used was profanity, but Cult? C'mon, this just stinks to high heaven.

Let's hope the gets the backing of whatever organizations they have over there that deal with free speech, etc, and fights this all the way.

Me thinks that there must be some cultists...er, scientologists high up in the police force for this to be allowed.

Given the cash that the CoS cult has I wouldn't be suprised if a few donations to the Policemans Xmas Ball are made by direct debit each month!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join